How do you level up Frank?

The DHC usually sends the opponent too high for Frank to take the picture because Dorm takes too long too recover from the super. Although if it does work, Frank is vulnerable until he touches the ground from doing an air snapshot so the opponent has enough time to punish you before you can block .

With Vergil/Frank/Wesker

(usually done with shopping cart assist + teleport) c.L (hold L) c.M c.H f+H xx QCB+M, s.M s.H S j.MH j.d+H, land, A2, release L, DP+M, DP+M, df+H xx QCF+MH (at top), DHC QCB+ATKx2, QCF+S (optional cancel into QCB+ATKx2 if you have meter)

Gets anywhere around 60-70 hits before DHCing in Frank, and Dimensional Slash puts your opponent in a hard knockdown state, so free camera into whatever you want. I know Spiral Swords stuff is more efficient, but this (usually) does more damage.

Yeah I tried to do it and it’s impossible, Stalking Flare doesn’t last long enough :C

[media=youtube]CgJLd6zz-0o[/media]

You can add more damage by doing a qcf:m: after the first snapshot to cause the wall bounce. After that you can dp:m: (hard knockdown) then snapshot again (or dp:h:when lvl 5 already) xx Survival Tech.

thanks! I appreciate it.

okay i need some help
it is possible to combo into air finger lasers with doom and then dhc into the pie whiff super and get level 4(i know it works for sure)
but the problem i am having is hitting it consistently
can somebody out there hit the lab for me try to explain to me how can land this combo consistently because they often air tech after air finger lasers instead of getting the hard knock down for the level 4

two things have to happen,
1)u have to hit the air photon array at a certain height
2)u have to cancel into frank’s super before all of doom’s super hits

[media=youtube]bgFK3EGzZUs[/media]

wow thanks for quick response
okay so apparently you dont need to hit it close to the ground
so does it only work at the height as shown in the video?
i would really like to know all the nitty gritty stuff about that combo because it is very vital to my team

also does it have to be in the corner?
cuz i have had this work midscreen plenty of times

Quick cross post from the X-23 forums. Nothing mind blowing, just using the spinning knockdown off X-23’s Weapon-X Prime super to DHC whiff and get a snap. I’m not super savvy with Frank yet, but I assume there might be some way to one of the assists alongside the snap to get a 2nd pic to level 5?

[media=youtube]1HdNkN3VzFg[/media]

[media=youtube]Zv4i-po4V40[/media]

at the 30 second mark it shows THC with Dante. You want to snap twice: once before the bullet that puts them in the spin state, once after the final shot.

Just posted this in the team building thread, and thought I’d repost a section of it here for easier reference, as it is still relevant.

I’m using Chris (Punch) Frank (Cart) and Arthur (Daggers)

I honestly think Frank can perform just fine at Level 2 with his amazing roll, and that Level 3 makes him excellent with an invincible hyper as well as a new anti-air hyper with great priority plus the new range and damage, and of course levels 4 and 5 are more fearsome than the hydra. So if he can get just one hit in himself, there’s your level 2 or possibly even 3, yet if Chris gets off just one TAC, Frank can air ToS L three times in the air, then air S thanks to the extra hitstun, call Chris and get double the PP by using the camera flash to OTG into Chris’ hard knockdown for a second picture if he’s close enough, which pretty much always ends in Level 4, or Level 3 if it’s just one picture, which is perfectly fine if you ask me, especially since Level 3 makes it that much easier to get to Level 4, which again makes getting to the next level a simple matter if you really need to.

I really believe that forming teams around getting Frank to Level 4 or 5 right away is detrimental to his game and a complete waste of time. I’m pretty sure it was Insert Name Here who was saying that his goal should be Level 3, and I couldn’t agree more. Getting to Level 3 is that much easier, which should expand his compatible team mates, possibly lending Frank more players who want to use him. On top of that, with the right assists, maybe even without them, getting to Level 4 from 3 is a piece of cake compared to getting started from Levels 1 and 2 because of all the extra range, damage, and overall ferocity given to him. Heck, you could play through the rest of the match with just Level 3; it’s really underrated.

You can play him at 3, but in that case he’s just a solid, middle of the road character. Not to mention nearly every team can have at least one assist that gives him a double snapshot to level 3, so I’ve personally never considered it a goal but more of a fallback plan. Level 4 is a worthy goal though IMO; his normals go from good to frightening and he can touch of death characters. Most of the cast doesn’t have that ability.

Perhaps I should have called Level 3 a fine first goal instead. What I meant is that getting straight to Level 4 as soon as Frank comes out is not entirely necessary, as well as potentially wasteful and risky, as he suddenly becomes self-sufficient at Level 3 and can use hyper really well.

Since Tools of Survival L does double the hits at Level 3, as long as you get them into a combo (which is now much easier), it pretty much sends you straight to Level 4, especially if your assist gives you the opportunity for two snapshots.

I mean, he’s playable in 3 sure. I was running Spencer/Frank/Wesker and getting him to 3 and having success with the team. The problem I had was I was seldom getting him past level 3 and I felt it was nerfing his potential (plus he didn’t mesh well with Spencer/Wesker in some respects).

I still think 4 should be the goal though. In a game like Marvel it’s hard to run just “playable” characters, and you want to push every advantage you can leverage. He’s still usable in three though, I’ll agree with that.

Even at Level 3, Frank is still somewhere above average with an amazing roll, great range on normals, good damage, and an insane hyper with noteworthy invulnerability, damage and range that only costs one meter.

I am not in any way suggesting that Level 3 should be Frank’s ceiling, only that it’s an excellent and very comfortable place to get started, and that more characters are capable of helping him get there than there are characters able to get him immediately to 4 or 5.

If one goes in with the goal first being to get Frank to Level 3, you now have a whole new world of opportunities and things to try and characters to cooperate with, making Frank a much more fun and accessible character than if he was limited only to options getting him straight to the two highest levels. With enough effort, the team that gets him to Level 3 may even be fully capable of getting him to 4.

My team is built around helping Frank and Nova is there because any combo I get with him is a guaranteed level 5, provided I don’t fuck things up somehow. Level 3 frank is certainly usable but honestly you’re selling yourself short if you’re not doing everything you can to get him to level 4 (maybe 5 because a 10% damage boost is always welcome). Having long range, high priority, safe, chipping normals that hit multiple times is just way too good to miss out on.

Playing him on point, i’ll take whatever level i can get too!

Frank A/Dante Y/Akuma B

With THC synergy i can get level 5 instantly! And with 2 bars incase i can’t THC, i still have Devil Trigger synergy for 2 snapshots. But if i land a hit and don’t get to 2 bars i can still reach lv3 and i get a reset opportunity for level 4/5.

I agree with Gangie, but you gotta take what you can from the cookie jar. Shoot for the skies but you need to know how to manage Frank at all level’s, not just 4! I see alot of Lv4 only Franks out there, and you won’t see much success with that.

Level 3 Frank is definitely more solid then level 1, and has quite a few tricks up his sleeves.