Hori's booth at TGS - HRAP V, Taito Viewlix, V3, VX!

Can you find out if all the sticks are all wireless or not?

im guessing “no” for the simple fact there is a wire coming out of the back of most of them.

it seems only the new small tekken sticks are wireless

that start button on the V is hella weird. nice sticks though.

It is Vewlix inspired.

BTW, it is not the HRAP 5 everyone, it is the HRAP VEEEE.

Can anyone who knows how to read Japanese make out what this says in the brochure? For the pic of the V3 and VX it shows their appropriate systems that they will work with but for the HRAP V it shows a Japanese character which I have no clue as to what it means.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/807/dsc0919r.jpg

The Hori Real Arcade Pro V looks goddamn BADASS! And I’m psyched for the HRAP VX and HRAP V3. Let’s pray that the VX and V3 are just as good as the stock Namco Arcade Joy Sticks were. :pray:

But, I’m more than a little sad. Even though I know that the Taito Vewlix arcade cabinets are all the rage these days, why oh why must the good old Sega Versus City layout that Hori’s been sporting since the Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 be put to rest? I like the Versus City layout WAY better than the Vewlix to be quite frank, even if the Vewlix has a better form for old school SNK games.

Reqiescat in Pace, Versa Urbem. (“Rest in peace, the Facing [Head-to-Head] City.”) :sad:

man for me its all about the HRAP 1/T5 layout. Don’t like the Versus City layout at all.

HRAP1 > Vewlix > Versus City imo

Could you give a size comparison with the V3 and the VX compared to some other popular sticks out there? I’m a lap player but I find sticks like the Namco or the Hori EX and Fight Stick 3 a bit too small. But I’d prefer something with six buttons.

I can’t read Kanji or anything, but my wild guess is TBA or possibly multi-console.

Still nothing special though. Imporved design and use of viewlix layout, but Hori still has the tendency to implement a JLF joystick in their premium controllers, but still use their knock off buttons. :lame:

The V ain’t bad, but the V3s just look cheap to me.

Even though the Versus City is by far my favorite layout, I agree with you in saying that the original Hori Console Layout was very comfortable. I was definitely fine with that layout. I just don’t think that the Vewlix layout is very comfortable at all if you’ve got 8 or even 7 buttons there.

My hand is small enough such that when I naturally rest it on the buttons on Hori’s Versus City layout, my pinky comfortably sits in the little triangle area in the middle of the rightmost 4 buttons, but not so on the Vewlix. My pinky just hits the other 2 buttons like no tomorrow while I play. :shake:

But I’m definitely cool with the Hori Console Layout though. the HRAP1s would’ve been perfect if the rightmost 6 weren’t so close to the Start and Select buttons.

I thought I was done buying sticks. ;_;

I was thinking multi-console because of the buttons being labeled as numbers instead of letters/shapes like normal.

i doubt its “multi-console” … mostly because the same 2 kanji are in the box next to the Price row. i would guess its a TBA or similar as well.

Oh snap I just thought of something bad.

I know they’re most definitely going to make Special Editions and Special Additions of the Hori Real Arcade Pro V, but I really do hope that it doesn’t come with that stupid mounting plate that was on the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 and EX which could only mount a Sanwa JLF. I can’t live without my Seimitsu! :grrr:

I speak Japanese and those characters mean TBA.

I guess I should add some other things you might find interesting, the sticks on the right use HORI joystick (new design) and hori button (original design) and on the left Sanwa stick w/ hori button (original design)

i suppose we still dont know if “original design” means 30mm or the slightly smaller ones used in the ex2 and fs3?

I thought so too; then again, I still want a VSHG, and have both the Tekken 6 Wireless for PS3
and the HRAP EX-SE preordered, but I will cancel those for a VX (or two) and a Taito Vewlix for each console or something. Hori is no longer resting on their laurels, thou it remains to be seen if they can match Mad Catz in regards to the relative ease of modifying their sticks with Sanwa or Seimitsu components.

Sorry it doesn’t say. Looking again though I noticed at the very very bottom there’s a “notes” row and the block under the V3 (and only the V3) says “Ability to change Stick included” I’m not sure what all that entails, but the fact that they mention it as a feature probably means you can’t [easily] change the buttons…

hmm… interesting… i wonder if that means they put a mounting plate in…

i wonder if the buttons not being easily swappable refers to size, or perhaps that they are just soldered into the board… hopefully its the later, and not both…