Honda Match-up Thread: After the war 2010 AE

good stuff right there man… I havent gotten a chance to test it myself, I only said that u2 punishes a blocked overhead beacuse I played against my friend in a tournament, and did that. I was under the same conditions, I was in the corner when he tried to overhead me, and I reacted with u2, and it connected.

The C. Viper matchup strat is 100% legit and full of win. If you’re not sure which part of the stick to headbutt, aim for the fierce button.

And j.HP. Then downback until you win.

i’ve lost to vipers b4 lol.

cuz some can do perfect cross ups which hit behind honda. or some stop doing burn kick and go for actual jump in cross ups which own honda. lol…

Well, you’d have to eat a cross-up burn kick 12 times for it to kill you. You have to hit her 6 times with fierce. Less with CHs and actual combos. Let’s not forget the extremely lenient auto-correct window this PoS engine gives you, so just throw caution to the wind and headbutt that shit. Oh, Viper can’t punish medium headbutt on block anymore either, so that’s fun, although she still can punish fierce headbutt.

Might wanna throw in a couple blocks. Generally speaking if Viper beats you consistently, your fierce button probably isn’t registering because you’re drooling on the stick and you forgot how to block.

Update and some Spring cleaning.

i wanna see an update on the sagat matchup!!! lol i’ve been trolling hard in the sagat forums and noone has balls anymore and emblem lord wont even touch the game yet…
maybe its my fault for playing on ps3

Write a comprehensive update then and don’t say oh just do this and just do that. :rofl:

What’re you talking about I thought the whole point of srk was to discover everything for me

I use to do that before I had to write shit down. Ugg! :rofl: I’m trying to get T.Hawks going I’m just waiting for someone to sign on.

t hawk cant punish headbutt, or can he U2 it on block? im scared lol

T. Hawk won’t be able to U2 it. You don’t fly high enough after it’s blocked. U2, believe it or not, is a throw. It just looks like a hit. Honda downback should do very well against Hawk so long as you can keep him out.

Can someone double check something in the Dudley match?

People know about Rolling Thunder destroying all headbutts on block, but I wanted to test if he could punish them with anything else after I was told MP Machine Gun Blow (MGB) punishes LP, MP and HP headbutt on block. In my findings it only punishes HP headbutt on block, but would like a second opinion to be sure. I tested all his MGB’s and only his MP version was anywhere near effective.

Thanks.

dont jump in on a dudley with corkscrew cross lol can it punish blocked headbutt like rolling thunder?

I don’t believe corkscrew has the range to punish a blocked headbutt. Not 100% sure on that though. He can punch you in the head on the way to him though. :chat:

awesome, also jab headbutt works very well in this matchup against dudley and whenever they decide to MGB can you punish on block? if not just block the inevitable ex uppercut that will come after lol

From what I tested against Dudley II no headbutts can be punished mid screen with corkscrew and only HP headbutt can be punished with mp MGB.

But if Honda’s back is against the corner and Dudley is about one square away all headbutts can be punished with the corkscrew

and all HBs but exHB can be punished with lp MGB.

Did you guys know that Hakan’s U2 will beat out your 2 specials headbutt and splash?

My theory was that it’ll beat any move if you’re no touching the ground… So Headbutt loses to him lying on the ground, srsly I tried it.

i’m not that worried about it because its just a lockdown like chun’s U1 but its a free combo if you just walk up to him and he does it, just like counter ultras are useless when you knock them down just empty cross over

The match up between Honda and Gat is a lot better now. I played Emblemlord in vanilla and in this one and i can tell you that it is a lot more even.

Granted El is still learning the “new” Sagat but we played 20 matches and it was 20-19 me (Honda). Before it was an uphill battle. He whooped me real bad, like 20 - 10 or something (gets that damage in) but this time with being able to go over lts really helped Honda get in there.

Make sure you don’t jump cause that shit hasn’t changed and after playing online for a while you get into the habit of jumping cause it’s free online, but don’t worry Sagat will remind you to stay on the ground :wgrin:

As for Dudley, He can only punish Fhb, nothing else but rolling thunder punishes all that shit except EX. Look out for Cody’s U2 and Rufus’ U2, they both punish like a mofo.

Also… If any of the shotos are pressuring with cr.forward into hadoken, or any combo like that with a hado, you can hb through the hadoken with mp and jab.