"Hey! Let's do this for real." Concept/Discovery/Match-up Videos

haha that’s crazy I just started using the rock mk ruffian after back dash crumple too after fiddling in practice.

Loved it, loved every moment watching the uses of ex zonk. Splendid!!! I was just starting to use fake crossup ex zonk into my game also. Some of their timing on their release and charge of zonk was crazy. I’ve definitely just learned a lot watching them play.

Now I know why they may have shortened his ex zonk.

I’d have to say I’m lovin kurohige1011’s style, but I play like gatorinnguru a lot more. However how the hell does gatorinnguru miss his nj. fp>cl.hp xx Hp. criminal upper so much?!? Plus I think he should have used some better frame traps. I also wonder why kurohige1011 preferred cr.lp>cr.lp>cr.lp xx criminal as his go to hit confirm (better damage or habit?). My goto hit confirm is usually cr.lp>cr.lp>cr.mp/cr.lk xx criminal.

I can honestly say that these Japanese players are really good at footsies, way better than me. However I can feel pretty confident that I have a better execution. Goes to show I spend more time in training with execution than I do get to really play and improve my footsies.

Rock, mk ruffian after back dash crumple was a brilliant find!
And thanks for answering for me TostitoSalsa :slight_smile:

i posted back dash crumple, jab Rock, mk ruffian in the combo thread over 3 months ago lol

use the bold feature…lol

I started with SSFIV like 2-3 weeks ago, a good find by you then :slight_smile:
It hit’s with mp rock too doesn’t it?

Its the angle that changes, same damage. but if you could charge it it’d be kinda fancy

That’s why I made this thread, good stuff like that kept getting lost.

It looks like EX CU beats the EX Messiah followups on block. I want to add this to the concepts section, but I’m not sure if it is universal for all of Rufus’s Ex Messiah followups. Can someone check.

[media=youtube]tqXw4uW9LB4#t=1m05s[/media]

2 really really good matches. I mean some very good play.

This is the first video added to the thread with someone handling a very good ibuki well

[media=youtube]MzbxeN1ot64]YouTube - Iyo [Ibuki] vs kawagu111chi [Cody[/media]

This video is just great

[media=youtube]T5SvCFpMO6s]YouTube - kawagu111chi [Cody] vs MokkoriMokomiti [Bison[/media]

Side note- Anyone willing to jump in and take the 2 minutes to test out if EX CU beats all of Rufus’s followups

I was always under the impression you could only FADC a Criminal Upper before the hurricane came out. Is that not true on block?

[media=youtube]6TBVbPqSTno#t=1m22s[/media]

If you find yourself in a situation where you block a focus and go for the tech but your opponent jumps apparently jab comes out fast enough to hit them before they land and attack. If they attack you from the air though you are still SOL

[media=youtube]-lB6aOt-6xA#t=0m40s[/media]

that’s only the start animation of the criminal upper, it doesn’t hit, but it’s indeed a tricky optical illusion to deceive your follow up.

2 new vids from i8600011, the second one is awesome!!!

[media=youtube]OBcoecj8ZCg]YouTube - [SSF4[/media]

[media=youtube]XXvGErkw1wo]YouTube - [SSF4[/media]

Thank you sir. That was a dirty dirty reset. I think I might add that to the concepts section. The same with his use of back strong to deflect kunai. Also, I’ve never seen someone so consistently land HP counter hit into crouch HP full combo.

On a separate note still no one out there that can test out the Rufus thing for me?

ef rufus…

that reset was stylin…i looked like look at the damage

I mentioned this in the comments on that video. The reset wasn’t what was ‘sick’ or ‘dirty’, it was the fact that he anticipated that elist_ would go for a grab in that situation which is what most players would do and therefore he set up a meaty cl.hp. That’s what is so amazing about that, I see players always resetting like that but they just go for throws.

i86 has ch fierce, c.fierce magic. dudes sick :china:

about that rufus thing: messed around w/it in the cell &&&
(as i suspected)youre gonna be hard pressed to get a really complete grasp of using just ex cu in that situation due to any or a combination of 4 factors:

how many hits/on hit or on block/distance/how quick or delayed the followup is

example

ex mess+mk followup
1-5hits on block,immediate follow up = trade/lose(tho you can sneak u2 in) …depending on distance :lol:
1-5hits on hit,immediate follow up = ex cu wins

changes for the hk followup depending on those factors as well
lk followup = block hahah even if ruf delays it itll most likely trade

Thank you very much for doing that. So what you are saying is a Reversal EX CU not always win? The EX CU you tried were all reversal right?

After watching i86 a friend and decide to hit training mode to see if the j.mk reset is character specific, it is, but we found something that i find interesting.

On Cammy & DeeJay: The j.mk doesn’t actually cross-up, it hits in front of them but the reset still happens. You have enough time to dash for a cross-under before they touch the ground.

Speaking on cross-unders, i’m not sure if this is already mentioned some where but you can cross-under after any Ex CU thats hits in the air (i.e f.hk, Ex CU) It’s Character specific and corner only.

• NR

no prob. yeah i was going for reversal. like i was saying exmess can put you in hellafied blockstun but sometimes significantly less hit stun… depending which hits touch you @ what distance… lol theres just a lot of variables :sweat:

So if a EX CU lands on an in air opponent that is cornered does that mean they can be juggled?