Help me beat the bastard and friends

How do I beat a really good BH/Cable/Cyclops with Cable/X/X?

My Cable is really good, IMO, but I have some trouble finding gaps in BH/Cyc game. If I get a single hit, I ate a 100% and my next character is guardbroken for 50% more. I have little experience fighting BH or his assist.

Which I think even harder to fight is Cable/Cyc/BH. If I lose the Cable vs Cable fight, I usally lose the game. I usually play Cable/Sent or Storm/Cyc. In close, the fight goes even (both have Cyc). From far, he has better control because of BH. This forecs me to attack and take more risks, so I lose pretty often.

Any advice?

edit: Of course my non Cable characters suck (if you dont remember I am the guy always looking for OCV teams). My Sentinel is so so. I can get good positions sometimes but I miss fast fly all the time and have some other execution problems

ya i need help with that too… but now that i use storm/cable/capcom-cyke my strat is just to build meter for cable and do as much damage with storm. then punish every assist call … but someone help us… i got the same problems as megafiiiighter.

cable, capcom, BH

-capcom’s AA combined with BH’s AAA takes up 1/3 of the screen xx captain sword.
-capcom’s AAA is faster than BH’s
-captain storm + HOD right before they get knocked back up deals good damage. if you do it too early you only get about 3 hits on HOD
-capcom’s AAA takes out demon spam

I used to use that team as my #1 team for the longest, and still use it sometimes when bored with other BH teams.
Give me input on how he plays the team and I’ll tell you all the counters to it :tup:

i can’t see how can black/cable/cyc be such a pain as you guys describe. well,ok to beat that team you need to f*** cyclops. since you have cable run from black not towards him cause you know cyc is coming the only time you should get close to black is to trick him in to callin cyc. and kill cyc with cable and his entire game is over. :badboy:

^^^ I see you have never played a good BH Cable Cyc team

I hate that team…

with that opponent, i usually use storm,cable,capcom (in order). first, build meters with storm, then safely tag with cable. punish his cyke with ahvb+capcom AAA. if you lose your cable, you still have storm. she’s a runaway, with a little rushdown. abuse hailstorm, when needed. also, use capcom AAA against BH. maybe these tips will help.

Its kinda hard to tag in Cable when you’re playing against that team.

hmmm, I don’t know very well how to describe it. Runaway with storm is asking for Inferno/HoD… In fact, if I do a sj HP and he is not on the same level I eat Inf , HoD as well (if I am not in the corner he does just Inferno or DHCs to MOB, sometimes for the kill).

If he calls Cyc he covers it with sj HK (if I manage to avoid Cyc somehow and sj with him he just blocks), sometimes doing air dash back and faling forward with anothr HK followed by some weak attacks , trying to confuse my blocking (if he crosses befor the demons blocking it is almost random). He evades my Cyc really well.

If I got hit by a single demon, my Cable is dead, half of my Sentinel si gone and he has Cable on point (its usually ggpo).

His Cable gives me problems because of the extra control given by BH assist. If I try to build meter by far he usually builds more. Inclose we both have Cyc AAA.

He is really good at punishing assists. A trick that with he got me sometimes is to call Cyc (I have 2 or less bars), then if I call anything to punish it, he already jumped back and goes straight to AHVBs, as soon as he sees the frames for the assist. So I can only have some success by calling assists at random times and sjing before they appear on screen, so I can cover them with a grenade, if necessary.

I wouldn’t know how to tag in safely as well… Against BH, I may eat demons, infinite to build meter (infinite is not useless by all means) huge carzy combo ending in Cable tag in , 150% damage using all that meter. If against Cable lk mk hk AHVBs.

And it is hard to keep him grounded when I get some control because of the CAHVB threat. BH seems solid and makes one of the best possible cables to fight against…

BH never calls Cyc if he can’t cover it (unless its on purpose, to make Cable burn his only bar and lose control)

naw man, you of all people should know it can be dangerous due to the block stun and ability to cancel all of BHs standing attacks into sj.xxdash attacks.

Try tigerknee viper beam when he’s near the ground, and wavedash under him when he super jumps.

hmmm… It is hard to do surprise AHVBs. He usually falls pressing short (or is it jab?) against my Cable, really close, and following demons (even if I can cover myself against demons with Sent Y I have no room for AHVB, too close).

Wavedash really helps me, but often there’s not enough room to it as well. If I block Cyc, he is in front of me preventing the wavedash while BH goes up and throws demons to cover him. If I find a space by calling assist or dodging Cyc, however, usually wavedash helps me either to get some space or to try a crossup when he is falling.

Even when this works, I gotta face a full Cable/Cyc later… What really bothers me is that I cannot get control against BH so, even in my best games, I still build much less meter, which means that I’ll have a weak Cable/Sent/Cyc against a full Cable/Cyc. If I die (sometimes even to chip), Sentinel gets guardbroken and I lose the advantage. If I use Storm instead of Sent, I do better as long as I win the Cable vs BH fight, which does not happen so often…

Against Storm/Mag/Sentinel, I usually control space, waiting for a mistake. Against Bh/Cable/Cyc, I can’t control space, so I can’t force mistakes. I believe this is my main problem against this team…

well I’d say your best bet against him would be MSP but since I don’t think you use Mags I’m gonna say go with team santhrax or Storm/Cab/commando in that order. Your would have to play defensive and build bar with storm. If you think he’s going to send out cyc, jump back and send out commando so that you’re hitting cyc right as he’s coming out. Try to only use your assist when he uses his or you’ll be at the disadvantage. If he’s in the sj area and heading your way, send out commando so that he has to block it.

If his BH has to block the commando assist, take the opportunity to follow him with attacks to keep him blocking as long as possible while you build bar and hopefully score a combo…or at least until cyclops gets off the screen.

If he doesn’t have to block the commando assist, do a number of things depending on his situation:
-If he’s on the ground, whirlwind hailstorm if you have the bar to punish the assist. Or you can attempt to rush him down while watching out for infernosXXwhatever
-If he is in the air from a sj. and hasn’t dashed yet be careful that he doesn’t sneak in a dash to whatever to counter your punishing of the assist.
-If he’s in the air from a sj. and HAS dashed go according to which way he’s dashing. If it’s forward you should use the vertical shielf from commando to get under him. If it’s back than build bar or go for chip.

Basically this match will require you to anticipate when cyc is coming out and to be careful not get caught in some stupid attack, just take the chip when it comes damnit, cuz this means his cable will have one less bar. Unless you’re mad fast with the rushdown this will be an incredibly ugly and spam filled match lol

No, I meant tigerkneed regular viper beams. They cut off his angles and take up a lot of space, and BH can’t do jack shit about it other than superjump.

Try jumping over Cyclops.

I don’t think the TK regular Vbs will be that good because he always falls over me, but thanks for the option. It is something that I did not have in mind, and if I can wavedash to the other side this will help me keeping him in the ground a little more.

BlackheartKing’s tactics for Storm are really nice. I think it all comes to mind games after all (whoever is able to bait the opponent’s assist to come and avoid having to block it will get a momentaneous advantage).I will try starting with her (I usually place her second to fight Cable). He does not waste meters for chipping tough.

I still would like to know how I should play Cable on this match tough. Against BH, I noticed that I can get some control if I manage to force him to block an assist (like with your storm tactic, when he is coming down on me). If all goes right, I can TK grenade or something after it and maybe try a little Cable offense (but if his Cyc hits I am gone).

And against a full Cable/Cyc/BH it is really hard to protect my assist wisely, or even gain good meter without taking too many risks.

Thanks for the help, guys. This is probably the best character specific forum on srk (most are all about combos)

Forgot to address that. Regular jump forward seems very risky. I may even eat random Gb into huge combos if I cant avoid Cyc. Sj seems better. As long as I sj almost at the same time, I get in a good position for a cross up or blocked HP, grenade (in lucky times HP, AHVB).

I just thought that Cable had kind of a battleplan to get an huge advantage against BH. Many theory fighter players swear this is always easy cake for Cable. But then again they don’t play Marvel :slight_smile:

no one can random guard break you they only do it after they bait you into jumping.

besides the only one that can truly do that is cable, try taking the hit next time you’ll eat a jab and … nothing else.

also learn how to guard cancel blackheart’s infernoxxx h o d

basically just push block as soon as the ice corridor opens up and when then hold up foward you should jump out and be able to fry him.

of course that doesn’t work if he uses inferno xxx judgement day but that isn’t important.

if he ever hits you with a heart of darkness outside of the corner, ahvb as soon as you get up, you should be able to hit him no matter what.

if he’s smarter than that then yea use viper beams, you’ll cut through demons,

always super jump and shoot him in the face when he super jumps.

i doubt bh can really pin you down so it shouldn’t be THAT hard, now if it’s a smart bh that’s a totally different story.

Regular jumping forward isn’t as risky as you make it sound. If you’re willing to get hit you really can’t get GB’d or combo’d badly at that height. If he had commando it’d be a different story. You should be able to pressure him into using his assist b4 you have to use yours with storm. And if he’s not wasting meter with BH there’s no reason for you to lose the chip war.

Okay, now for cable strategy against BH…
This is actually hard for me b/c I personally use BH as my cable killer. So instead of just giving you strats with Cable I’ll tell you what I’ve learned to punish of Cables moves.

You’re best bet with cable is to beam him every time you have him blocking. BUT, never and I mean NEVER do a HP TK beam. BH’s sj is fast and I often get over those to where cable is completely vulnerable to a RH to whatever.

The grenades are best used when you have a ground controlling assist like storm’s or sent’s and you’ve gotten to the sj height b4 him. At this point you’d sj. HP and throw the appropriate grenade, according to where he is on the screen, and then beam on your way down (again watching out that there’s no gap for him to sj over the beam).

Do not sj HP unless you’re ground assist is there or you might catch an inferno. And if he’s already above you, just jump back and call commando to make him block in which case you do your beam to chip. (AGAIN watching out that he can’t sj. over the beam)

If you have him on the ground, try dashing c.lk, even if you know he’s going to block it. If you just do one c.lk and block he might try to catch you with cyclops in which case you’d call commando at the right time as I said with storm. And proceed to chip or punish the assist according to whether or not BH got hit too.

Simply put, you’re more likely to be damaging his assist rather than his main character with cable. But that can be a good thing b/c if you damage his assist enough he’ll be more reluctant to call them out and you’ll have the clear advantage.
Hope that helps.