Heihachi Video Thread

Another match, my Ken/Heihachi team vs an Ogre/Hugo team. 2nd round, kept trying to cross cancel Hugo’s blockstring loops, kept failing. Should have just used Heihachi’s counter or just raw launched…

[media=youtube]XGMVjKmtHLg[/media]

[media=youtube]FIxgEO-h2qM[/media]

[media=youtube]57fq7twNMgo[/media]

[media=youtube]3-DCDlPjtw4[/media]

[media=youtube]2MBRPs96-Cc[/media]

Me playing in the online tournament. Feel free to critique.

Great Heihachi pressure! I love the frequent use of f.LK to get you that +3 on block. I think you managed to open up everybody except for RagingRay pretty consistently, and Ray only survived because you never went low. If you watch carefully, you’ll see he’s standing up before your overhead even starts!

One way to vary your pressure, especially in the corner, is to incorporate some s.LK xx LP Demon’s Breath. This keeps you at frame advantage on block, and gives you an easy confirm for a full combo (either s.LK xx LP Rising Upper or far HP xx Launcher) if you catch them standing up to block on overhead.You can also catch backdashes with EX Rising Upper after a LP Demon’s Breath, or get an ambiguous crossup j.HK once you train them to sit there and block.

I also like your Hell Axle tag cancels into Akuma, you’re getting great damage there. One place I would look for a little more damage would be conversion from the opportunities Akuma gets off footsies or a successful air fireball. I feel like you should be looking to chain into Heihachi at every opportunity. Akuma’s sweep is certainly fantastic, but doing things like c.mp, c.mp, sweep and sweep punishes is causing you to miss out on what’s likely 150-200 damage and a free Heihachi mixup.At 3:50 vs Chaoslimits, for example, you land two combos into sweep vs Nina. Nina, a low health character, is left at about half health, when she could have been seriously hurting by either chaining into Heihachi off the low short, or using a bar to tag him in after the crossup tatsu (eg. crossup tatsu, c.mk >far s.HK - tag in Heihachi as s.HK juggles for 2 hits). Tagging off the second combo would have put Nini in a “guess right or die” situation vs Heihachi’s oki.

I do see you do more combos into Heihachi in some later matches. Are you making the effort to keep Akuma in vs certain characters? I’d be interested in hearing the logic, if so, because I’d like to discuss matchup options. In particular, I’m curious as to why you seem to prefer Akuma in oki situations. Is it simply a playstyle preference?

I also really liked your use of f.LP as an AA, but keep in mind that it doesn’t work very well at certain ranges, and sometimes either b.MP or Chromedome are viable options.

As a final note. <3 at the pandora attempt vs Kojibeoulve.

Thanks for the critique. I keep forgetting about demon’s breath. I really should incorporate in into my style. It would help me to mix it up and to keep my opponents on their toes.

I usually do cr.mp into sweep if Heihachi is low on health or I want to build meter for Heihachi, you’re probably right that I should go tag in Heihachi more often. Those shorts into sweeps are a result of me being nervous. I almost always go for cr.lk x2 ->hk->launcher.

I really didn’t know the match ups that well in that tournament besides Xiayuo and was trying to figure them out on the fly. At least with Akuma, I have better footsie options.

I could never really figure out when b.mp was better then f.lp and when I use chrome dome, they usually land behind me.

That pandora was suppose to be a cross assault to heal my characters :(. I panicked and forgot the f.mp kara demon doesn’t work in this game.

No problem! I know I love getting critiques on my play, and I could tell by watching those few matches that you are good enough that you can take it. :slight_smile:

I thought nerves might be playing a role, especially after I saw you bringing in Heihachi more often in later matches. If Heihachi is low on health, but doesn’t have much recoverable health, you can still bring him in to do damage and keep Akuma on point using

**Akuma Launches > f.LP > LP xx LP Rising upper, Raw Launcher. **

This should get you somewhere around 300 dmg, give or take, and should still give you plenty of time to set up some wakeup pressure with Akuma.

A fair point. I’m not real familiar with a lot of those matchups either, but I can tell you that Hammerfist beats EWGF (!), and Nina is one of those characters who b.LK works really well on, at the proper range. Vs Hwoarang, I think you were starting to figure out the timing to beat his special step, but ran out of time. His air target combo is also annoying until you learn to block it properly.

Chromedome doesn’t work against everybody, but against deep jump-ins that are too deep to AA properly, but not obvious crossups, chromedome is an option to keep in mind.

About b.MP, honestly, it’s a better AA in almost all situations where f.LP works, and it’s also much better when opponents are right above your forehead. It has a fantastic AA hitbox. The tradeoff is that it can be more difficult to combo from to get max AA damage. Some options are:

b.MP xx HK Hell Axle (all ranges)
This usually gives the best damage if you are going to spend a bar anyways. 2 bar combos from this break 500 dmg with most characters.

b.MP xx LP rising upper, cl.HP xx LK Dragon Upper, followup (close AA, just in front of Heihachi’s head)

b.MP xx MP Rising Upper, cl.HP xx LK Dragon Upper, followup (far AA, about the range of Heihahchi’s s.MK)

Also, off Chromedome, you can get damage if you hit it at the proper height, since CD always knocks down.

Chromedome, c.MK xx HK Hell Axle (tag to whatever)

I initially thought you were going for a Pandora AA super, but now that I think of it, Akuma’s may not work as well. AA demon, maybe?

Raging demon has no invincibility. Although, if I use pandora while Heihachi is in the back, I might be able to get an anti air into super. hmmmm

I can confirm that you can get an AA into super with Heihachi, although I’ve only tried it off b.MP xx Rising upper, cl.HP super. You may be able to go b.MP xx Super for an easier combo (you have to choose the correct Rising Upper, which can sometimes be difficult due to Pandora changing your position), or perhaps Chromedome, c.MK xx Super.

Well, here is some more Heihachi gameplay. Guile apparently doesn’t realize that Heihachi isn’t much of a family man…

[media=youtube]rqNoXVWtZCs[/media]

Some more Heihachi gameplay…I wish I had gotten more sets in with this guy. We both made a lot of mistakes throughout both matches and I’m sure we both would have done better if we played some more games…but he left after I beat him a second time.

[media=youtube]i0ozrotGjKE[/media]

I think I used Heihachi’s stomp a bit too much… :wink:

Even more Heihachi play…though I get completely destroyed the first two matches. :sweat:

[media=youtube]c0G9GmIok7k[/media]

[media=youtube]6U2o8GargGQ[/media]

[media=youtube]OCiEGUzZRIQ[/media]

[media=youtube]qmQNKZf2ppE[/media]

[media=youtube]i2OjYAoAeqA[/media]

[media=youtube]AL1ZJcd2ivY[/media]

Some games vs LordWilliam1234 on pc. Feel free to critique my play. :sweat:

I should have won game 5. But then the diagonal input bug decided to screw me over TWICE IN A ROW WHEN I WAS TRYING TO FINISH WITH A CROSS ART!!! >:(:arazz::annoy::lame:

Just look at my inputs at 2:55 and 3:02 at game 5. You’ll see exactly what I mean. :frowning:

GGs nonetheless. Still got a long way to go. These games really showed how impatient I get sometimes. :sweat:

A recent match which reminded me why I gave Hate-hachi his name. :frowning:

‘Hm they’re down on the ground, lets go for cross up j.hk/j.mk!’<br><br>The thought that goes through every single Heihachi user’s head ever. I should know… xD

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/84749/Dex_Sama">Dex_Sama</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>‘Hm they’re down on the ground, lets go for cross up j.hk/j.mk!’<br><br>The thought that goes through every single Heihachi user’s head ever. I should know… xD</div>
</blockquote>

I am guilty. I like to throw in forward jab > fierce string though occasionally because for some reason people think that move is an overhead automatically. I also try to do a chrome dome and most of the time you won’t hit them as they are either too far back and your spacing is wrong or they roll but when you fully charge as soon as they stand up and can’t react, they are groundbouncing and you just got free 180 damage ^.^. Heihachi is becoming more cheap with this unblockable chrome dome and it also seems his overhead is even easier to link to jab now so I can go into chains from that overhead. I am sorry, but Heihachi is becoming probably the best in the game, possibly would be the best with better speed.

You can easily link his overhead (back+lp) into his f+lp,mp which will cause a ground bounce from which you can do the hp xx rising, hp xx dragon xx dragon followup combo (at least you can on PC, I dont know if you still can do that in 2013 but I dont see why you couldnt)<br><br>Same with his low sweep (forward+mp) as far as comboing goes from it, which is also great when playing footsies, it has absurdly long range (again, on pc in 1.06, not sure if they changed this move in 2013)<br><br>I throw the f+lp,f+hp string around 90% of the time, people ALWAYS think its going to be an overhead and I swear the damage that adds up from that ends up being more than what a single overhead combo would net me in the end<br><br>Be careful when applying pressure like this vs people with reversals and 3 frame jabs, both of those can punish the followup hit from you EVEN on hit, so dont get overly aggressive, the startup on heihachi’s moves is not exactly the shortest<br><br>Heihachi is a very good character with a pretty much braindead j.HK, possibly the best mixup game, and a countermove which you can link his specials, super and cross art from. His footsie game is awkward as f*** which means you should definitely use someone else on point, but once youre in and they are down on the ground, god have mercy on their soul :smiley:

I hardly do f.lp chains besides lp follow up and the occasional hp follow. Anyone that knows the Hei MU knows you can mash a reversal and catch any follow up besides lp version which is a true block string. If you do the lp version, their reversal won’t come out. If their reversal is pretty slow and you know their reversal is coming, you can bait it with doing f.lp with no follow up. F.lp solo is only -4 so you’re relatively safe. 

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/14806/OZleon">OZleon</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I hardly do f.lp chains besides lp follow up and the occasional hp follow. Anyone that knows the Hei MU knows you can mash a reversal and catch any follow up besides lp version which is a true block string. If you do the lp version, their reversal won’t come out. If their reversal is pretty slow and you know their reversal is coming, you can bait it with doing f.lp with no follow up. F.lp solo is only -4 so you’re relatively safe. </div>
</blockquote>

<br><div>So…what do you do against Ken?</div>

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/70767/Saitsu">Saitsu</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/14806/OZleon">OZleon</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I hardly do f.lp chains besides lp follow up and the occasional hp follow. Anyone that knows the Hei MU knows you can mash a reversal and catch any follow up besides lp version which is a true block string. If you do the lp version, their reversal won’t come out. If their reversal is pretty slow and you know their reversal is coming, you can bait it with doing f.lp with no follow up. F.lp solo is only -4 so you’re relatively safe. </div>
</blockquote>

<br><div>So…what do you do against Ken?</div></div>
</blockquote>

You block his imminent shoryuken and punish on recovery lol<br><br>And yeah I meant that 90% of the time as in ‘90% of the time I throw a f+lp’ not that 90% of the time overall I do that move :D<br>

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/84749/Dex_Sama">Dex_Sama</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>You can easily link his overhead (back+lp) into his f+lp,mp which will cause a ground bounce from which you can do the hp xx rising, hp xx dragon xx dragon followup combo (at least you can on PC, I dont know if you still can do that in 2013 but I dont see why you couldnt)<br><br>Same with his low sweep (forward+mp) as far as comboing goes from it, which is also great when playing footsies, it has absurdly long range (again, on pc in 1.06, not sure if they changed this move in 2013)<br><br>I throw the f+lp,f+hp string around 90% of the time, people ALWAYS think its going to be an overhead and I swear the damage that adds up from that ends up being more than what a single overhead combo would net me in the end<br><br>Be careful when applying pressure like this vs people with reversals and 3 frame jabs, both of those can punish the followup hit from you EVEN on hit, so dont get overly aggressive, the startup on heihachi’s moves is not exactly the shortest<br><br>Heihachi is a very good character with a pretty much braindead j.HK, possibly the best mixup game, and a countermove which you can link his specials, super and cross art from. His footsie game is awkward as f*** which means you should definitely use someone else on point, but once youre in and they are down on the ground, god have mercy on their soul :D</div>
</blockquote>

<br><div>I was actually aware about most of this except for the over head to ground bounce chain. I mean, if it works for a normal jab, why wouldn’t it work for that chain? makes sense.</div>