Heihachi Video Thread

my beginner’s guide to Heihachi complete w/ combos: [media=youtube]OUtMtBklCsI[/media]

[media=youtube]GPm8ILoWijM[/media]

Dat damage…

[media=youtube]ON-jCr2jqSI[/media]

[media=youtube]ttBgs7f3OLU[/media]
Slightly less focus on Heihachi since I just picked him up. Don’t know much outside of his basics but I’m doing the best I can. :slight_smile: Tekken 3 Hei fans will recognize the remixed theme. :slight_smile: Hope you folks enjoy this!

Virtually every juggle you did with cr.MK xx RU can be st.HP xx MP RU. It seemed you were going for practical combos instead of flashy Desk stuff, so you might want to note or re-do that.

Ah, thanks. I was trying to figure out a different cancel into his RU, but I just recently picked him up and have been playing him just based on copying other people. I pretty much know nothing about the character, but it seems like the whole point is to get in and start the st. jab > f. mp juggle.

The more you play Heihachi, the less and less you’ll use f+LP, MP. It’s potentially unsafe/momentum stopping on block, and LOTS of players will block high or reversal upon seeing f+LP. His real mix-ups are off of b+LP and f+MP, those are positive on block and lead into quite painful juggles on hit.

The only consistent times I like to throw out f+LP, MP are in footsies occasionally and as an anti-backdash tool on their wake-up.

Hear Hear

Predictability is a killer

[media=youtube]7-BIUUCuhWE[/media]

[media=youtube]U4w__jmum04[/media]

[media=youtube]5ZpwhRQeaVw[/media]

[media=youtube]-dksncOk64o[/media]

If I don’t see my opponent punishing me after the f+LP and know they’re capable of blocking the MP, instead of doing MP I’d delay a second, then go for a cr.LP to chain launcher.

As seen here at 6:00
[media=youtube]efqyDmMT8lA[/media]

[media=youtube]bRZoHAOC-ls[/media]

[media=youtube]R6cjghEz8IM[/media]

Something I accidentally found in training mode. I’ve only gotten it to work on Blanka so far. It only works if he quick stands early. Could lead to something big later on. Maybe speed gems can help make it consistent.

Dang, these character threads haven’t been getting much love, have they?

Here’s a batch of 3 matches with my Ken/Heihachi team.

[media=youtube]XrFipcoamVU[/media]

I really need to hammer punch more. I keep forgetting that it has upper body invincibility. Did you hit confirm that empty jump cr.mk to launcher or was that a hailmary?

Nah, the empty jump cr.mk to launcher was hailmary. I took a huge risk there and it paid off in the end. I don’t usually do that more than once a round since it is extremely risky…if I successfully land the cr.mk to launcher once, when I go for the set-up again I’ll usually just throw since they’ll be expecting a launcher.

Mind if I included this here? This video is me and LordWilliam’s match. Heihachi’s really a walking tank of a damager which might even surpass Hugo’s retarded damage.

[media=youtube]IG856u4tHsA[/media]

That’s a lot of blue. Needs more anti airs.

Well, to be fair, in my matches with Maverick, the game was really laggy. I was suffering from a lot of teleporting and he was suffering from a good amount of input delay. So it wasn’t a perfect game. I was still able to play though, and so was he, but it definitely wasn’t under the most stable of connections.

Understandable. Mistiming a anti air in this game can lead to a big combo.