HBO Max Thread: Out now at $14.99/month - All 2021 WB movies will debut in theaters and HBO Max on the same day

My Sony TV runs Android TV so I stream everything though that. I’ve been using it through the last three TVs I’ve owned and it’s actually gotten much better than it was seven years ago. It used to lag super bad, but it’s pretty snappy now. And convenient. One remote to do everything, and you can talk into it!

Samsung TVs turned HBO Go into Max with an update. Roku and Amazon should do the same with it’s devices rather than go through the trouble of it being a different app.

1 Like

Mine did the same. Didn’t even have to subscribe, my HBO Now account logged me right in.

I used to access YouTube/Netflix mostly through PS4/Blu-ray player but in the last 9 months with my new TCL Roku tv I just use that since I watch in 10 seconds instead of 2-3 minutes.

It has all apps except max. Hopefully Roku will get it in a few months.

Is HBO Max a disaster? Because it feels like it is. Not having Roku at launch, not having 4K, a bunch of missing content, and now a good chunk of their stuff, like the Batman movies and Justice League will soon leave the service.

…where did you read that?

Also…

You changed your mind in a matter of hours?

The Batman movies and Justice League are in the Last Chance sectionl.

I don’t get that, but they might have some weird Disney like situation where an existing contract is forcing them to pull those movies. That is the only way I see them doing it unless they have an idiot in charge of their content.

I feel this is this case. Look at the dumb shit at&t pulled with dc comic distribution.

1 Like

That is true, but for their sake I was hoping they wouldn’t be that stupid. Yet, they still have the HBO Go/Now thing along with MAX plus the DC Universe as a streaming service still exists and has not been folded into HBO Max or the other grab bag streaming platform VRV. It is like they are too big to realize how to efficiently use their weapons right.

So DC movies will be on monthly rotation…not sure I like that idea.

3 Likes

What the actual fuck?! Lolol

1 Like

Are all seasons of The Wire on HBO Max?

I’m assuming EVERY HBO show is on Max, as I know they were all on HBO Now.

1 Like

This sounds stupid.

6 Likes

Ah okay. I had HBO Now for a brief period for GOT season 8.

GOT SEASON 8.

…GAME… OF… THRONES

…SEASON 8!!

3 Likes

I don’t have HBO Max and these shenanigans aren’t making me want to subscribe.

6 Likes

There is not even that many movies to cover a 12 month cycle lol. Unless we get stuck with Catwoman or Green Lantern for 4 months. Warner is about to commit infanticide with HBO Max, dont think it will last 2 years tbh

I am tempted to subscribe for the DC animation stuff… But all my smart devices are based on Amazon or Roku so somebody is telling me not to bother yet.

I have Roku and I have HBO Now, but the lack of support is pretty lame. I still haven’t seen much reason to bother with an upgrade and HBO didn’t even email with a deal or incentive to upgrade.

1 Like