HBO Max Thread: Out now at $14.99/month - All 2021 WB movies will debut in theaters and HBO Max on the same day

Daffy duck is my favorite character as well. Im glad someone else likes him lol. Also appreciate the mention to his character personality (I miss the wacky version woohoo woohoo). One of my favorite Daffy Duck episodes is the one where he and Bugs go into Ali Baba’s cave and they find a genie. Duck Tracy is a good one too.

1 Like

It’s MINE! It’s MINE! All MINE, I tell you, MINE MINE MINE!

4 Likes

When Bugs dresses as a genie and does the dance to “give ownership” of the treasure to Daffy always cracks me up

2 Likes

Pissed that there isn’t a Amazon or Roku app for HBO Max. Have to spin up the PS4 for right now till they get things situated with each other.

1 Like

Is it true Batwoman is the only DC CW show available ?
I thought all of them were going to be available on HBO max?

Pretty sure the CW’s deal with Netflix hasn’t expired yet. IIRC Batwoman is the only show not covered by the arrangement. When it expires I’m sure they’ll show up on HBO Max. Wish HBO Max would have saved Krypton…

3 Likes

A preview for the new Looney Tunes show…

The difference between HBO Max…HBO Go…and HBO NOW.

4 Likes

Why the fuck did WB Wii-U’d themselves like this?

4 Likes

Basically it is corporate bullshit. Their best regarded brand among the mainstream is HBO, but they are also too stupid or somehow getting over on folk slightly by having their HBO streaming this cluster fuck hence where we are today with MAX. Not that I blame them, Amazon has a similar bullshit with their music service and anyone remember YouTube Red?

Dude, don’t get me start with Amazon music. I don’t understand how it’s a “free” service with prime when virtually everything is locked away in unlimited.

1 Like

I watched the first episode of the new Looney Tunes. The first short with Daffy and Porky had me in stitches, especially the part where they enter the temple and Daffy keeps triggering all the booby traps on Porky all Inland Jones style. Fucking hilarious!

The second short with Bugs and Sam wasn’t as funny, despite them being my favorite Looney Tunes duo. It was still cool to see them in action again, but they have a lot to live up to with classics like Roman Legion Hare and Knighty Knight Bugs from the golden days.

The voice acting was pretty spot on, particularly Porky’s stutter. Whoever did that voice fucking nailed it. Music was decent too, but again those are huge shoes to fill left by Carl Stalling.

I’ll definitely keep watching them. And it turns out they do have some classics on the service once you dig into the menu a bit!

Oh yeah- the animation was spot on, too. Definitely kept the classic vibe, with some modernization. Cool to see it in widescreen.

3 Likes

How are the jokes? Is the humor updated or does it keep the old vibe?

Hard to tell with just two shorts, but I’d say they keep the same vibe for the most part. Some corny stuff you can’t help but laugh at. Definitely less edgy, unfortunately, but we live in a PC culture so… The violence is still there though :rofl:

Went through the TCM section and added like 40 movies to my watch list.

Some fantastic shit in there, like 12ish hours of top shelf samurai movies.

2 Likes

who is going to play grandad and ed wuncler

If they get eddie murphy to voice both…

HBO Max isn’t on Roku or Amazon Firestick.

Are they going to add support later?

What about PS4- is there an app for it?

@chadouken

• Most Apple devices that can stream video will support HBO Max – iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD. However, customers with second- and third-generation Apple TV models will need to stream HBO Max content from their iPhone or iPad to their TV with AirPlay.
  • Google’s Android operating system for phones and tablets will have an app. Android TV devices, Chromebooks, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices will support HBO Max too.
  • Sony’s PlayStation 4 systems will be able to download the HBO Max app via the PlayStation Store.
  • Microsoft’s Xbox One gaming consoles will also be able to get the HBO Max app via the Microsoft Store.
  • Select Samsung internet-connected smart TVs – models from 2016 through 2020 – will be able to download and purchase HBO Max directly.

Edit: to be more specific: this is directly from HBO Max’s website

2 Likes

oh yeah; I watch all my streaming stuff via game consoles anyway… I figured that’s what most people who happen to be gamers do anyway.

I was just watching “Us”…yeah I’m quite late on that one but damn it’s worth every bit of the hype. …and Lupita is the finest hot chocolate I’ve ever seen.

1 Like