Hayato Teams

Does anyone know good Hayato Teams? I was at my local arcade this week and saw some amazing kid play Hayato. I couldnt see his team because he lost his other 2 chars.

So if anyone would kindly post their ideas here that would be great.

Thanks.

no crticizim please.

jin /expansion
hayto/balance
ryu/projectile

i dont play competitive mind you
:bluu:

Well, lets see…

Hayato, Doom(anti-air).
Hayato, Psylocke(anti-air) Gets unblockable attacks with her AA.
Hayato, Sentinel(Drones) Great combo back-up and pressure game. Plus longer combos.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Maybe Tron Jon will see this and add something…

I’m not that good a player, but I have a team that plays like this:

Hayato (expansion)
Iron Man (AA)
Jin (AA)

I usually start with hayato and try to bust a few chains to build some meter and whittle a bit, Jin is primarily AAA, but I use him on point against super armour characters, since his flaming attacks break super armour with one hit, then usually combo into one of his supers…my personal fave is plasma Chain
<-LP, LP, LP,HK,LP --stop here
<-LP,LP,HP,HK,LP -stop here pressing LP again does forward flip slash
Before he does the forward flip slash cancel into either Rasetsuzan or Engetsu(I never thought about it but Plasma Field could be a useful cancel there too if your going for a B.Hayato) and then DHC into proton cannon (Engetsu can be left to hit a few times, but sometime it lifts them above proton cannon, so cancelling straight away puts them right in front the proton cannon barrel (Rasetsuzan must be cancelled straight away otherwise they’ll land and be able to roll of block it) and then use Iron Man to burn away most of the super using proton cannon, with Hayato’s expansion assist giving me plenty of opening cos it hits twice and keeps them stunned long enough to activate proton cannon (I don’t play as much as I’d like to at present but Blodia Vulcan or ultimate cyclone might DHC well too, as long as you cancel fast from the plasma series for cyclone)
I suppose you could play with Iron man on projectile assist to allow you to combo in with Hayato easier, but I like to have another AAA in case Jin is on, and cyclone combos well from a connected repulsor blast, as do other overheads like captain sword and shinryuken.

could somebody look into this though please…comboing rasetsuzan of a launcher makes Hayato dash under, and I can’t remember, but i think I once managed to cross someone up by DHCing into a captain sword

I like the Hayato/Ironman/Jin team…but it’s more based around Iron man than Hayato, but makes good use of his expansion assist.

I’m not all that good at the game, but I love starting with Hayato. Get some good combos in and I can usually beat the first character with out taking much damage or using Hyper Combos.

I use Jin as my second choice with his Expansion so that if i get a clean hit with his Hyper Combo I can use Hayato’s qcf + PP Hyper Combo and be in the corner for an easy combo. Jin is also useful against some of the characters that have to get in close. Just crounch and hold back so you can be set up for his -> + P or ^ + P moves. It’s best to try to get in a low combo and then use those to throw the enemy away, and repeat.

As for a third character, I really haven’t discovered anyone who works well with them (simply because I am not skilled enough) but I love using Ken, Ryu, Sakura, and maybe Akuma. Mega Man works too if you get tired of blitzing your foes all the time.

i play hayato, jugs, cykes.

uh…b+lp, lp, fp, fk, lp, pause, call in juggs, dash 'n slash (otg), jugs assist hits, qcf + fp(otg) XX wave super, dhc jugs headcrush.

wheeeeeeeeee!!!

My Freakin Hayato

Hayato
Jin (expansion)
CapCom (anti air) my personal favorite assist

Hayato
Cable (projectile)
CapCom (anti air)

I start with hayato to charge meters then cable to use meters! =)
i love the anti air assist of capcom it neutralizes those rushdown attacks!!! (magneto,storm etc.) and i use it when pressuring opponent in the corner! it works for me!!!

where in Jersey do u live? cuz I live Jersey but there’s no arcades that I know of…I’m an experienced Hayato player, so I could just show u myself…If only they had just put it online…

Morris County.

Usually at either FnG or Game World in the Rockaway mall.

Mostly at Game World, you should hit it up, I’m usually there.

Off topic question: I like playing with Hayato for fun and i was wondering i never fiqured out how to do all those flashy plasma combos or how to set it up :confused: Any help?

press back and either lp or hp to start a plasma combo.

I personally do

Hayato/Jin/Jill…only cuz they are fun to play, we could all play magneto/storm/sentinel if we really wanted to :x

Hayato(whatever)/Tron(PA)/Capcom(AA)…

lp plasma comboes are lame due to slow start-up, but if you can trap with Tron (PA), set-ups are easier, and gives Hayato some much needed damage. Don’t get me wrong though, you’ll still have to work 4 times as hard to beat top-tiers.

b+lp, lp, hp, hk, lp, slight delay, Capcom, QCF+KK
this particular plasma series up until the second to the last hit gives you some serious hit-stun to set-up some nasty combos depending on your assists.

if in corner, do everything up until slight delay, you can call out Tron for a couple extra hits rather than Capcom, or just dash in, OTG d+lk, d+HP, /, lp, lk, plasma field (magic series has difficult timing).

QCF+PP easily comboed and set’s up nicely for lunch rush. Sadly, my Hayato is usually dead before I even touch my other characters.

Hayato Jin Spiral
You can play keep away with jin’s anti air. And you can DHC from Hayato’s qf pp into jin’s qf pp or qf kk (if you time it right).
Combo in w/ spirals ground assist
i wonder if it is possible to do
launcher + thanos bubble, lp, lk, hk, (opp flies right into the bubble), air hk, land, (start new combo)

edit: I got it!
Hayato (any assist), Jill (any assist), Thanos (capture)
This is probably the best team for Hayato. You can DHC his qf+pp into jill’s qf+kk tyrant. The best combo for that would be:
c.lk,(call out thanos),c.mk, s.hp, qf+hp,(opp will be in bubble), b+hp,lp,hp,hp, qf+hp (one hit), xx qf+pp, (let it hit a few times), DHC qf+kk (jill’s tyrant slaughter) does over 100 pts of damage.
I don’t know how names are made for certain teams but I name it "team lukass"
a different variation of his bubble combo would be:
c.lk,(call out thanos),c.mk,c.hp, sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.hp, (opp will be in bubble), falling hp,land, (combo)
I have more cool stuff with Jill and Thanos as well. They all DHC well as a team.

edit with more stuff:
To do SAFE captures you with Hayato you can:
c.lk,(call out thanos),c.lk,s.hp,qf+hp,bubbled
Jill:
c.lk,(call out thanos),c.lk,c.hk,qf+lp,bubbled (as long as he doesn’t roll out of the c.hk)
Really safe and awesome. Hope you can have as much fun as I have with this team.

Well, I tend to use Sonson and Tron, weird as they are. Sonson compliments Hayato nicely with her AAA. It covers a huge amount of area, moves forward, and is fairly discrete on startup. It can be used to cover gaps in pressure strings, or to knock down flying characters or break opponents rushdown patterns.

Tron adds a lot of damage, but also holds the opponent still for a good amount of time. She cancels projectiles, and if he is pushblocked from a wall plasma combo, he can drop her on his way out of range, keeping the opponent stuck and giving him the opportunity to advance.

I’ve found Jin and Capcom’s AAAs very useful for breaking traps. Unfortunately, Sonson and Tron are vulnerable to things like the Spiral trap. Psylocke is a good assist for him as well, but unfortunately, I don’t have much experience with her. Sent assists everyone well, and Hayato is no exception. Both the Engetsu and Rasetsu Zan cancel into HSF and set up the infinite.

Conceptually, Hayato benefits from having a strong anti-air, due to his lack of awesome ground-to-air attacks. Additionally, Hayato benefits from any projectile cancelling or nullifying assist due to his lack of projectiles, although this is situational: vs. Spiral, it is imperative, vs. Sentinel, it is useful, vs. MSP, it is a strategic option.

Hayato’s B+HP Plasma combo is one of his most unique and useful abilities. It is very fast, breaks super armor, and has a deceptively large hitbox, which I have often used to catch the toes of other characters (It will execute completely on Servbot, while his standing lp, the same graphic, will whiff at any range). It transitions smoothly into any special. It is also suki cancellable. I do not have much experience with that, but it looks like it could be very useful if he catches an assist without the main.

Sent - Drones allow hayato to rush in more and pull off more strings. Very useful.
Thanos - For capturing purposes, one of the more sneaky one’s out there. It’s no drones but it works.
Pyslocke - Has one of the best/better AAAs. This is great for Hayato being a close range fighter, gives him better support upfront.
Jin - Nice expansion, he’s got defense too so overall he’s great for hayato.

These are the one’s I use, always great seeing these old threads pop up once in a while. :smiley:

Ok, so i have very little hayato playing experience, and havent played him at all since i got into top tier, but my boy bert has a few hayato teams. One worth mention in this thread i believe is his Hayato/BBHood/Hulk. He links the THC off of Hayatos sword combo and like mercs ppls whole squads. Since its a really easy hit confirm you never have to worry about wasting supers.

I play Hayato(Expansion)/Cyclops(Projectile)/Ken(Anti-Air).

Ken doesn’t really compliment Hayato any in the assist area, but Cyclops’s Optic Blast used after or during a ground combo will let you do a second/third ground combo, or a Black Hayato or a Plasma Combo or whatever you like (if I’ve already got maximum Hypers, I go for Black Hayato; otherwise I go Plasma Combo --> aerial rave --> Hyper). Especially useful if you get the chance to do a :lk::mk::r::hp: and are able to combo out of it, that’s a triple ground combo. As well, you can DHC out of Hayato’s slashing Hyper (the name evades me at the moment) with either Cyclops or Ken for pretty decent damage (I go for Cyclops when I’m able).

Combos aside, I find Cyclops’s assist helps for pressure game, especially if the enemy is in the corner. If the enemy blocks, do a bit of safe chipping or back off as you will. If you hit, you get a free combo, and it’s pretty good at hitting the enemy out of things. I play a pretty good pressure game with Hayato when I’m able, so using the assist often is definitely helpful.

Heh, I saw some posts from a month ago here, I didn’t think anyone played him at all.

Hayato is on one of 4 teams I normally rotate around. I pair him with Sentinel (Ground) and Trone (Projectile). Tough play against Sentinel due to lack of AA but pretty great against Mag or Storm anchored teams.

Shit, I’ve been toying around with him for months. Basically anything that allows hayato to rush and get a few pokes and setups will compliment him, that being Tron and Sent the best choices obviously.

I still use Jin’s expansion, but I would most prefer the blodia punch hdc - so I don’t use it as much as the other characters assist. I dropped Thanos’s capture altogether, thinking of replacing it with any solid AAA maybe capcom

Hayato’s part of my Secondary team; I pair him with Megaman (Balance) and Jin (AAA). Megaman provides forward and means of comboing, while Jin relieves pressure. If I really want to go all out offensive, I’ll use expansion. It makes a passable anti-air, but you lose the invincibility of Satomone dynamite.