Hakan Lab

So here’s my list of things to check out for Hakan. I’ll update it with new things and results when I hear or test what they are. Post up what you wanna experiment with in your own lab and I’ll add it to the first post.

–can you fadc out of oil? no
–any way to cancel out of oil, maybe like how viper cancels out of seismo?
–how long do oils last? lk 8 sec, mk 10 sec, hk 14 sec, ex 16 sec
–is ex oil invincible to everything, only to attacks, only to grabs, or only to projectiles? only projectiles
–does slide have any invincibility on wakeup? ex slide?
–slide fadc-able? yes
–are command grabs fast like giefs or slow like abels? spd is 3 frames, lk ddt is 10-12 frames, mk/hk/ex ddt are 13+ frames
–do ex command grabs have any invincibility or armor?
–can slide hit as a meaty crossup?
–are there any ranges where any strength of slide is safe on block?
–any ranges where oil can set up a frame trap after?
–do slides always go some set distance like with dictator’s psycho crusher, or do they always stop at the opponent like with gouken’s rush punch? ex slide looks like it might work more like gouken’s rush punch
–which of his normals look like good antiairs? dropkick,
–is jump instant air throw a useful antiair like with guile?
–do any of his air normals work as crossups? lk and mk sometimes
–which of his normals are cancelable? jabs/shorts, toward+mp, cr. mk
–are any normals cancelable when oiled but not when regular?
–any good deep meaties to option select and combo out of?
–see which normals are fadc-able and super cancelable?
–which normals are safe on block, which punishable?
–oiled far rh buffer 720? safe and no 720 on block, 720 on whiff?
–after throw tech, jab spd? oiled jab spd?
–cr. jab has lots of range huh?
–any good low normals that make his hitbox duck so I can buffer antiair u2 under a jump?
–antiair coward crouch into spd or ultra?
–if I do ex oil and then short oil right after, do I keep ex oil length or does my timer switch to lk oil? lk oil, 2nd oil controls
–check for overheads, including jump back instant overhead: jump mk is instant overhead
–any dash-cancelable normals?
–antiair early slide, like dhalsim mk slide?
–slide under a jump to escape the corner
–look for hooligan-style ddt setups
–any good safe meaty normals?
–any good safe jump air attacks?
–cancel dash into normal/special?
–cancel ddt when charging like makoto hayate?
–figure out the horizontal and vertical range of u2?
–what moves can coward crouch duck under? low tiger shots? low juri fbs?
–find safe oil setups against each character?
–how good of an antiair is antiair ultra? amazing
–any way to combo into u2?
–after throw tech, jab spd slash ddt slash slide guessing game?
–does hakan’s u2 mean you can’t do meaty crossups on him?
–u2 instant? how long is it throw-invincible? is it hit-invincible?
–antiair charge ddt?
–punish blanka up ball with ddt or slide?
–ddt at least 10 frames of startup (couldn’t punish ken lk hurricane)
–cr.mk or toward+mp xx ddt? yep, as long as it’s mk/hk/ex ddt and they’re not crouching
–can meaty ddt grab backdashers? which characters?
–if I hold ddt will it grab automatically if the opponent gets close?
–is oil duration different depending on what you’re doing, ie attacking or in blockstun? no
–does oil duration change if you get hit during oil animation? yes, it’s less
–any good kara-cancelable moves?
–any good block strings?
–does he have a short jump?

I want to know if there are any kara’s

I also would like to know if you can crouch-tech out of hakan’s command grabs (the low lk kicking hakan out of his forwards lunge before grabbing his opponent)

can he fadc out of his slide, or any other horizontally moving normal move during the startup frames? (like sagat’s towards lk)

last night i dreamt that hakan could special cancel his towards roundhouse and low roundhouse

i know that it’s been said that his oil is not fadc-able, but I would still like to test this out (maybe it’s strict timing like gen’s slap chops)

does charging ddt alter it at all?

i like this thread

–Can he cancel coward crouch recover (D+PPP) with a 360+P grab? Someone mentioned that he could in the main thread. Would like to know if it’s still true.

i start helping here too

• cancelable moves --> F-MP & c. MK (i did not find any move else :frowning:
  • after Slide Followup LKOIL seem save
  • canceling c.mk into 360+k did not combo :((
    -360+k is a nice punishing move but c.mk XX HP-Slide is 10dmg better
    -jumping MK is a instand overhead
    -LK OIL=8s MK-OIL=10s HK-OIL=14s EXOIL=16s
    -LKOIL OVERRIDES EXOIL!! OIL does NOT STACK!
    -slide without followup is not save for LKOIL

EDIT2: his backdash is actualy pretty nice it allows to evade grabs but stay in 360p range unoiled
EDIT:
-Maybe a good blockstring lp

• mp - f+lk
    -best air to air mp (juggle) -->slide -->oilup-lk
    -f-lp or lp possible antiairs?
    -Slide is punishable on block with throw

edit3:
360+k punishs abels special kick on reaction

i’m getting a copy tonight so i’ll be able to post up

thnx for putting this together ultra david

Ultra 1 is rediciolus strong long range unoiled much damage its THE get off me move i thougt u2 would be better but ways wrong; since everybody try to make pressure so he can not oil up U1 its the way to go

I would do HK oil right as a fireball would hit me to get the time and take a hit, worth it imo.

This reminds me: has there been any word on how Oil affects his defense? He’s rumored to be at 1050 health/stun WITHOUT oil. Anyone know how much he improves with it?

Unfortunately, when Hakan is hit during his oil animation his oil doesn’t last as long. Trag tried this. Normally lk oil lasts for about 8 seconds, but when he had the opponent hit him during lk oil after its startup, the oil only lasted for 3 seconds. I don’t know how much time hk oil gets if it’s interrupted or if he loses more time depending on when he gets hit (ie oil lasts shorter duration if he gets hit earlier but longer duration if he gets hit later in the animation). Regardless, that sucks.

Is it possible to get HK oil without being itnrerrupted, like EVER in a match?I think Dudley can EX MGB even afer full screen untechable knockdowns to intrerrupt the oil up.

Lk-Oil is usaly the way to go and it is save on wakeup close after a Slide+Bodypress (im not sure if you can tech it but i dont think soo!!) i testet it against crouching jabs from ryu and you can still block the jabs and if the timing is wrong you can even 360+p him out afer lk-oil!

LK-oil is the way to go HK oil is only usefull against certain charakters on certain situations (wiffed Spychocrusher)

BUT you can ACTUALY FAKE or Mindfuck the Opponent as excample

Slide+Bodypress -->LK-OIL into Bock/360 and when you think he backjumps just use HK oil instead of LK oil!!

its worth the risk sometimes ad when you use U1 your enemy will FEAR you and usaly jump away when he think you starting a LK-Oil Shenigan since Blockstrings against a Oily Hakan are dangarous!!
there is no way your opponent can tell if its LK-MK-HK oil and REACT to it on the startup frames!

I will test the duration from EX-Oil and the LK-HK-MK by interupt today!
maybe a well timed EX-Oil is worth the damage of a 2. Fireball or Poke

at least when you manage to get a EXOIL your extreamly dangarous dont do accidantly lk-oils after it resets the time to 8s :(:frowning:

More Hakan Informations:

Damageredukction OILED =10%

Moveset(Damage) NO DIFFRENCE OILED OR UNOILED damagewhise!!

LP 40 Stun 50
MP 80 Stun 100
HP 80+40 Stun 100+100
LK 40 Stun 50
MK 60 Stun 100
HK 120 Stun 200

F+LP 40 Stun 50
F+MP 90 Stun 100
F+HP 150 (!!) Stun 200
F+LK 40 Stun 50
F+MK 80 Stun 100
F+HK 120 Stun 200

Crouching
LP 30 Stun 50
MP 80 Stun 100
HP 100 Stun 200
LK 30 Stun 50
MK 70 Stun 100
HK 110 Stun 200

JUMPING STREIGTH
LP 50 Stun 50
MP 80 Stun 100
HP 100 Stun 200
LK 50 Stun 50
MK 90 (YES its the same move 10 dmg more!) Stun 100
HK 110 Stun 200

Jumpin
LP 50 Stun 50
MP 50(YES) Stun 100
HP 100 Stun 200
LK 50 Stun 50
MK 80 Stun 100
HK 110 Stun 200

OilSlide (Oil does not change the damage!!)
LP 50+80 (12) Stun 100
MP 60+80 (15) Stun 100
HP 70+80 (17) Stun 100
EX 80+80 (20) Stun 100

360+P/K
LP 100+50 (Oil 100+70) Stun 100
MP 110+50 (Oil 110+70) Stun 100
HP 130+50 (Oil 130+70) Stun 100
EX 160+50 (Oil 160+70) Stun 60+100
LK 50+50+50 (Oil 50+50+80) Stun 100
MK 60+60+60 (Oil 60+60+80) Stun 150
HK 70+70+70 (Oil 70+70+80) Stun 200
EX 80+80+80 (Oil 80+80+90) Stun 150
Throw (n) 30+30+30+40 Stun 100
Throw (b) 60+80 Stun 100

later i will edit the propertys!!

EX-OIL Interupted = 8s!

thx for the numbers Reaper. His back throw does 200 stun?!!? Is that correct or a typo?

Can you please test to see if he can cancel his coward crouch (D+PPP) into 360+P/K. Also can he cancel his Oil Shower into 360+P/K (worth a shot lol)?

hey reaper can i put those numbers in the Attributes and Moveset thread?

yes sorry it was a typo the stun is 100; his coward crouch dont work this way you press Down+PPP and if you release down+ppp he will imidetly move in neutral position again if you hold it he will stay a litle bit longer till a maximum of 1 second ; no cancel possible but fast release and then 360p

Yes you can make with the data what ever you want ^^

here are additional info’s

Oilup situations:

Slide+Followup–> Save for LK-OIL the timing is HARD and if you time it to late your unsave! (testet with zangief and 360 mashing!! hakan could jump out of it)
Normal Throws --> MK-Oil seems save
360+P --> depends on the enemy LK-HK Oil

the best way is the Slide+LK-Oil it leads to pretty awsome shenigans specialy with ultra1!
F-HK; F+MK;F+HP are all unsave on block (Zangief can spd after even if you press up!!)
F-MP is more then SAVE on block!! if has Frameadvantage and its cancable into slide and on top of it it hase a pretty awsome forward crouching movement!!

F-MP can be used to move under jumpins and then punish with 360+P one of his best options against jumpatacks!

Reaper,
Good stuff on the notes. Your posts have been very informative!

I got to sit down today for an hour or so and just messed around with Hakan. Here’s some random stuff that I found:
(some of this overlaps with Ultra David’s questions in the first post)

• Full Ultra 2 lasts about 10 seconds … your “oil counter” will also count down during this period
  • when oiled up, you can FADC (slide) off of normals / specials
  • jump LK, MK and HK all cross up vs opponent when they have their back to the corner
  • after a FA2/3, you can land Ultra 2 without having to dash in (just wait for them to crumple and mash out the ultra)
  • MP and HP slides are good to catch people with trip guard as they jump back
  • one setup to make MP slide hit on the last active frames is: FA2, wait for crumple, cr MK x MP slide. The cr MK will reset them and (assuming they block as the “natural” tendency is to hold db after a reset) since the MP slide hits so late, you can 360 P tick throw them after

Possible Safe Jump setups (only vs those with 4+frame startup specials):

After an air throw:

• cr MK (whiff for timing)
  • jump in MK

After a Slide + Belly Splash:

• press down to duck quickly for a brief moment

• jump in MK

• Also can st MP be followed up with anything other than Ultra 2?

I dunno, that’s it for now. I hate to say it but tbh, I’m not really feeling Hakan anymore. Adon and Cody are too much fun :o

I should be getting the game tomorrow or weds. Will see. I’ll test some more stuff out then.

I was bored so I tested some things with Hakan’s U2. I don’t know If this will help any.

Beats
Vega’s d/f+ roundhouse,d/f+short,sky-high claw,Ex wall dive at start and U1 at start (only works if Vega passes by you)
Chun li’s Sbk, d/f+ light kick, d/f+roundhouse and Hazanshu
Sagat’s Tiger knee, super and U1
Guile’s U1 and can be used in between hits
Honda’s head butts,butt slams, super and U1
El fuertes Tostada press,fajita buster,propeller tortilla and U1
Cammy’s U1,super, cannon drill,cannon strike,
Blanka’s U1, all blanka balls, and hop.
Bison’s scissor kicks,Head stomps,Devils reverse, Psycho crusher and U2

Loses to
Bison’s U1
El fuertes f.mk

Also Ex oil last all of Guile’s U2

Hakans normals Save (no frame disadvantage at all) on block testet with Zangief reversals

F+LP
F+LK
MK
MP
LK
LP
c.MP
c.lk
c.lp

thats it all other moves got framedisadvantages on block even oiled!

FOUND A ANTIAIR!!

F+MP it moves under the jumper and punish jumpins!(certain range certain charakters but good jumpins like zangiefs mk are totaly stuffed Maybe c.HP works the same way since its a similar move!