H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Oh really?
http://www.global-trance.com/mvc3shuma/mvc3shuma_alt_color_03.jpg
Come on tell me you don’t find that sexy?

“Shuma-Gorath is a fictional character created by Robert E. Howard, best known for his later interpretations as a demonic enemy of Doctor Strange in Marvel Comics publications.”
-Wikipedia

Might want to update the OP, fellow Lovecraft fan.

And also if you were wondering, the real question is not who created Shuma, but rather why Conan the Barbarian isn’t in MvC3.

so now that I’m finally not banned anymore, did I miss anything cool?

Nope, Jill got gameplay, but not Shuma.

Wait, what?!

Index of /mvc3shuma

At least they have pics?

After looking at these, I’m going to have to see how he looks in motion. In all honestly, I preferred his ‘smooth’ sprited look. The texture they chose for him this time just doesn’t seem to capture the liquid rubber sort of feel of his sprites. That, and they seem to have made his tentacles shorter, his ‘core’ more rounded and larger which IMO makes him seem less balanced aesthetically.

Moon shuma is pretty awesome though.

Oh yeah, I know about Howard, and I was considering mentioning his creators in the OP.

Why were you banned!?

I’ll take the rough skinned look instead of the soft smooth skinned one. Imo The MVC3 Shuma looks far more menacing, then his past Vs Game incarnation.

and Yeah Moon shuma is epic.

It is a bit weird how Shuma’s model is the only one that doesn’t accurately resemble his character art; the texture, the lack of spikes on is head/eyelid, and even the tentacles are a bit different. I say smooth, spikey shuma from the art for dlc costume.

Chaos Dimension aesthetically dissapointed me from the screenshots too. Hopefully it looks better in action. Still, I wished they avoided the old twister effect of CD all together. Something like dormammu’s would have been great; giant eye close up to giant shuma crushing you with his tentancle.

The Spikes are there, The character’s art spikes are a bit miss leading, there not really on his head, only 2 spikes are on his head/Eye lid/whatever, the other Spikes are around his tentacles. Four spikes each are around/on each tentacle, and the character model does the same 2 spikes on its head, and the rest are around/on its tentacles.

I wish they add some slime to his model.

Oh yeah, your right, my bad. I actually checked his sprites from the previous games when the first screenshots were revealed and noticed that he had thos two spikes as well. Must have slipped my mind. Still, I like to percieve them as I originally did because he looked weird when I tried it the other way.

Btw, what does he look like when he airdashes? Is it in the guide at all? And is that dark aura under him still there? The first set of screens had them but the hacked ones don’t. Maybe it’s when Chaos Dimension is active.

There no picture of his air dash, there is a picture of his command throw (Devitalization) and it doesn’t look as good as it did in the past games, Chaos Dimensions the start up snap looks great, Yeah he still has the dark aura.

Since the Jill gameplay video got taken down, we have no chance of Shuma gameplay. D:

Capcom has angered me for the last time.

Doom face

>:C

But even before that I had a feeling the Hacker guys wren t going to post Shuma preview video.

I had a dream… where shuma’s voice actor was atrocious.
Hopefully I have woken up from that dream…

^it is close to impossible for Capcom’s sound team to hand Shuma Gorath a bad voice. I mean the voice actor is a good one, using a bit of EQ, effects etc shouldn’t be so hard.

The same guy who did Doom’s voice is doing Shuma’s. Considering how they edited Doom’s voice to be all metallic, no doubt they won’t edit it to fit Shuma.

Whats gon be yalls shuma day 1 teams?