H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

And you know what they say about dudes with a big eye . . .

Big monocle

my favorite thing about shuma is short short psyblading him, his animation when getting attacked is great

He is probably the most visually original character to ever grace a fighting game, and a huge display of boldness on Capcom’s part.

You mean Marvel.

…Sorta. Since y’know, they allowed him etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like launching, activating super, jumping, then CHAOS DIMENSION. Also super jump, turn into stone move really gets people alot. I hope they allow him to still combo off of the end of chaos dimension (maybe for a relaunch) and I wonder if he’ll keep his unblockable DHC.

He not’s another dude or chick in his 20s?

how much fun styling on him is

Lovecraft on SRK… never thought I’d see the day. I thought the thread on Shuma would reference Urotsukidoji or La Blue Girl or something.

Wow, glad to see someone got the reference!

Oh, yeah, the character technically belongs to Marvel, but I think Marvel would never had had the creativity, or the balls, to put Shuma-Gorath under the spotlight if Capcom hadn’t been involved.

I mean, Marvel are known for overmilking popular characters, while Capcom are known for including odd and controversial character designs in their fighting games. I GUARANTEE that bringing him back was Capcom’s idea. xD

You’d be wrong.

They are he ones pcking their side and Shuma-Gorath as been showing up in comics again recently. So yes, the do have the “balls” to put him in.

Capcom actually proposed lists to marvel, so there’s fair chance shuma was on it.

And seroiusly, can someone help me remember which game Chaos Dimension > Chaos Dimension was from? I remember it clearly but I can’t find any footage now, and it was kickass.

Wow, Shuma-Gorath has shown up in comics again? o.0 Nice move on Marvel’s part.

Yeah, not dissing Marvel as totally uncreative. Heck, they are the ones responsible for the creation of MODOK. But overall, I just think Capcom have a more developed sense of creativity.

Plus, it wasn’t solely Marvel who made the character picks for their side. It was actually a negotiation. Marvel came up with a list of their picks, and Capcom also came up with a list. Then they had a meeting and negotiated things out. That was explained in that one Seth Killian interview.

What comic has Shuma-Gorath shown up in recently? As far as I know, he hasn’t been shown in anything too major.

Lovecraft is really well known. Who doesn’t know Cthulu? It’s referenced everywhere from Metallica to Freakazoid. What the hell are those other things? Can’t even say the first one.

Interesting, why do people think Lovecraft is super esoteric and largely unknown?

With that being said, ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.

I’ve heard of La Blue Girl, I’m pretty sure it’s a tentacle rape hentai.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Now that that is out of the way,Im glad he is in,and dlc makes sence.Too powerful for story, but recognized from the previous games,and potential for new moves(such as new combos and hopefully a new hyper as well) Question, their is no doubt that chaos dimension is awesome, but it might look plain with the upped graphics, if you could add a visual element to it what would be. I think it would be nice to see the chaos dimension actually appear in the portal(like stars in space or creatures trying to escape)
Also ideas for another hyper.

I think that Mystic Stare is going to be changed to a quarter circle motion, Mystic Smash is going to stay a charge, and his command grab will stay the same.

Not sure about supers, while Hyper Mystic Smash is gonna stay and Chaos Dimension as a level 3 will look glorious in HD, Zero’s tweaked version of Sougenmu resembles Chaos Split a bit too much

I hope he doesn’t become charged based again. There really wasn’t a charge character that did well when they hopped to the VS series. I hope the whole “using his shape shifting powers” allude to new moves in this expansion. He wasn’t really “shape shifter-y” enough aside from turning into a ball w/ spikes and then a rock.

Can’t wait to hear his remix song!

[media=youtube]2Nl1BzuWFlI&feature=related[/media]

[media=youtube]HImBxKnpyFo&feature=related[/media]

I think he was trying to say that he thinks no one reads books here.