H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

You gain no advantage from disabling 1 hit worth of projectile. it would actually be better to just jump the projectile.

What’s pretty dumb is how little points of projectile it absorbs. It will get cancelled out by like 80% of the projectiles in the game =/

Yeah… Went in the lab today to test this shit properly, and anything that isn’t a single hitting fireball or beam just destroys it.

It seems like they just kind of abandoned another use for this move halfway through development, but decided not to actually take it out since it’s so obscure and limited :confused:

I’m gettin’ sick of this shit with shuma

what about doom finger lasers? Cant jump over them and they only hit once?

true but finger lasers is one of the few projectiles you can reliable react to and beat out with mystic stare.

yeah but if you have to jump over an assist right before it would be a good option

Wait, does devitalization work in the air?

Shuma-Gorath shows up in the newly unveiled piece of artwork! Awesome!

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/408/408050/img.html

If I had a poster of this, I would hang it on my wall.

no

Chris Baker has confirmed that Shuma-Gorath will be getting an alt costume!

http://twitter.com/#!/cbake76/statuses/111156284266528769

Cant wait for shuma with a monocle in a tuxedo

Haha! That would be awesome, but it is not likely to happen. The twitter post seems to imply that it will be an appearance that he has actually sported in the comics.

If I had to guess, I would say his alt is gonna be this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tW3g8zCM6c0/S5PlnDtdd9I/AAAAAAAAApI/zYU-1rsWmpU/s320/marvel premiere 14 shuma gorath.jpg

It would look very cool, too.

I really wish capcom would bite the bullet and just make him larger overall. He still feels way too small for what he’s supposed to do :confused:

I think making him bigger would sort of make up for his lack of mobility. It’d certainly give him greater attack range.
Honestly, I hope they get rid of his pink alt. Or at least make it purple. It’s supposed to be based on his original comic book appearance. Well, he was purple, not fucking pink.

Making his model (and therefore hitboxes) would be a fantastic buff IMO. He would be a bigger target, but the new range on his moves, and the now larger mystic smash would be worth it.

Does anyone else feel like mystic smash is just too fucking tiny?

Hi I’m struggling in the trish vs shuma matchup… seems really retardedly hard to get in vs her as shuma. Any teeps?

I would actually rather Shuma have a smaller hit box, Make his dash crawl his default form and make him much faster (like X-23 speed) or give him a teleport. It would really increase his rush down game. Also I like the idea where Mystic Ray can either be an OTG or a standard beam hyper.

Make it default form like, even when just sitting there, he’s in spider-shuma mode? If so, sorry, gotta disagree with ya there. I like my shuma how I like my women: covered in tentacles

A speed boost would be nice. Honestly, he moves waaaaaay to slow for his walk animation, it’s like he’s on ice and trying to run, but can only go so fast. I wouldn’t mind just making his forward dash identical to his back one. As long as it’s a bit faster, and doesn’t have that no-block bullshit, we’d have ourselves a bonafide (though unorthodox) teleport game to work with. Like hsien ko, but good. (speaking of which, buff her dashes too.)

Honestly, Hyper mystic Ray just needs a damage boost IMO. Either make it do the same damage from any distance, or buff the shit out of it, so it does OK damage at full screen. Like, over 300K up close, and somewhere between 200 and 250K from full screen. And maybe make it combo easier from full flying screen OTG, without mystic stare.

Speaking of mystic stare, I’d love to see all versions go full screen. They’re not fast or anything, but that’s why o like them, if the light version can go full screen, then it’ll be out there for a LONG time since it moves so slow.

Trish is a bitch for Shuma-Gorath. Honestly, there isn’t much you can do against her. I think she is one of Shuma’s 10-0 match-ups. A correctly-played Trish can counter ANYTHING Shuma-Gorath throws at her. You’re better off tagging out when against a Trish.

The one and only thing that you MAY consider doing against a Trish is to maybe try to nail her with a surprise Mystic Ray. It can get her once she is floating in the air setting her traps. Still, if you do it very often and you get predictable, she will start punishing you… which she can do easily.

Another thing that you can potentially do is to bait one of Trish’s dive kicks and then perform Hyper Mystic Smash when she about to hit you. If you time it right, she will eat the super. The first frames (once you start firing the super) have some invincibility, and many of the spiked balls come out at an upwards angle. Still, the timing for that could be tricky, and if you get hit before the super comes out… it will hurt.

Also, and this is only theory on my part, you may be able to hold your own against a Trish if your Shuma-Gorath is backed up by the right assist. Maybe, say, Hidden Missiles could help you make Trish go into a defensive mode, giving you a window to approach her and go for mix-ups.

shuma doesn’t have a true forum, he turns into what people fear, a tentacle monster with eyeball. I haven’t seen anyone use him in tournaments so I have no idea what tier he is