Guard Cancel

Do you have the Evo 2006 DVD, if you do watch Duc vs. Jmar game 2, Jmar does Sent’s c.spit, Duc block’s it, Jmar cancel’s to HSF, hyper combo game freeze, game returns to normal, Sent’s 1st set of drones are coming, Duc push block’s inches before the 1st set of drones hit his cable, and so on. Duc push blocked the attack before the hsf. I do it the same way Duc does.

i think its all a misconception on how people view whats being pushblocked. since you’re pushblocking RIGHT before the drones it would seem like you’re pushblockin the drones, but you can’t pushblock what hasn’t made contact yet. You’re still in hit stun from the spit/rp/projectile and can pushblock a few frames after. so if the drones havent touched you and you’re pushblockin, its the projectile you’re pushblocking.

Do you even play this game?

Yeah do U?

No. Which is funny because even I could tell you were wrong.

Now now ur funny, like Tech siad its a misconception of the wording or combo whatever. I can do this in game and in training. I can also do another timing method wich is different to Ducs(Commys) method. To me its the drones that are being PBd and not the attack prior. Its sad you want to be a sarcastic jackass about a game that you dont play.

I actually do play this game. Sorry for confusing you.

Don’t try to play with the semantics. We all know that you can only pushblock during block stun, and the drones don’t give you any.

You have to be in blockstun to pushblock so you literally are pushblocking the attack prior.

I know Im wrong, I know Im an ass. I just like to argue. Ok not really…

I think everyone needs to calm down here.

I think the main thing everyone is fighting over is when and what you guardpush. I think this is the solution, and instructions on how to find it…
1]Use firefox
2]Install downloadhelper into it.
3]Install Gabest media player classic or some other playback software that allows you to avance single frames, and save those frames.
4]Download the following video…

5]Play the video using your playback software and stop alittle before the first successful guardcancel to AHVB.
6]Begin advancing 1 frame at a time till you get the single frame you’re after for the guardpush.
-With Media player classic [I used the k-lite codec pack edition] you tap forward arrow to advance single frames.
7]Save the images to the desired folder, expand them, and look carefully at them.

Green’s response appears the closest to being right, so I’ll rewrite it in a way that I like better.

You guardpush the blockstun created by the rocketpunch [or the laser] when any of the following conditions are met…
1]the back half of the first drone is perfectly under the clock [minus the flame]
2]the middle drone is perfectly under the clock [The best example] or…
3]the bottom drone is just before the end of the super bar on the side where Sentinel fires the drones from. This makes this drone just before the clock.

To get the AHVB off, you neutral the stick, or place it in any position except a jumping or blocking one, and AHVB between the second and third waves. In the case of the person who did this one, he had his stick in a walking position before he did this. The guy in this video began the AHVB command when the back half of the top drone was perfectly under the clock [he began the crouch part of the tiger knee then I mean]

I hope this helps everyone.

Metrock1 and Green are right about the timing, Tech Master probably is too. Technically, Tech master is correct in what is being guardpushed. The actual reality is that it’s the guardstun created by the previous move that is being guardpushed, not the actual move that created the blockstun.

It’s basically the right timing, badly worded basically.

Therefore, everyone. Please. Take a breather.

Its funny cuz that is my vid that I put on my youtube. :arazz:

You don’t have to try to find a middle ground. My posts were exceedingly clear.

I would not use a Youtube clip to check frames. Besides, it looks like Sentinel was able to block when Cable shot through HSF.

I can upload another with a human target if your not satisfied,…:wasted:

No, it’s alright. God knows how many people forget to block while doing HSF. :rofl:

Well STFU then

How about you suck a dick, Mr. I-can’t-take-any-criticism?

This post reeks of “Im a whiney unsatisfied dick and with one in my mouth” type vibe so Ill let you have your laughs :rofl:

Pity, not laughter.