"Get out your Popcorn!" Rufus Video Thread

Quick notes:

I don’t know how to translate Japanese names, so I will keep them as is, I only know how to recognize a few, I will use the english ones for what I know, if you know the translation, post it and I will edit it!

Rufus is: ??? in Kanji (?)

Thanks to changuillo for the first 3 videos!

1 - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1j2S6956MWk

Video from: 0:00 - 2:04

Rufus vs Ryu
??? v 777

Notes (courtesy of changuillo):

changuillo says:

on 1:39, rufus punishes a tatsumaki with cr.HP. good counter for far tatsumaki attempts.

I think you can even do it when they throw a tatsu on your face (in the vids also shows that rufus can duck and evade Ryus tatsumaki completely)

2 - [media=youtube]Ob_HZkdAlh8[/media]

Video from: 0:00 - 2:40

Rufus vs Rufus
?? vs ???

Notes (courtesy of kesh! and changuillo):

kesh! says:

First combo off the bat is very important to get down. Dive kick, st. lk, st.mp, hp tornado. I found it hard to do, but after some practice (and being shown it) I got it nailed down, timing is quite strict.

When you see a rufus v rufus mirror match, like most sf4, its a race to get to the ultra, rufus has the lucky advantage of being able to link his ultra from the air and ground with minimal effort…abuse this!

Right now, we are kind of forced as Rufus players to have a bit of psychic initiative to land our best combo (imo) j. hk air to air, ex snake strike which does an absurd amount of damage for very little meter. This doesn’t mean to throw it out every 5 seconds, but be cautious and also KNOW when your ex will hit fully…you can get a feel of it, if you air to air him and hes too low, do the lp snake strike, save that meter for your best move, ex messiah kick.

changuillo says:

at 1.28 rufus throws a messiah kick, the other rufus tries to counter with ultra but the first one does the HK follow-up and evades the ulta completely.

Video from: 2:40 - 3:43

Zangief vs Rufus
???vs ???

Notes (courtesy of kesh! and changuillo):

kesh! says:

Rufus should have relatively low fear of zangief as compared to the rest of the cast. Our short jump dive kick is a very fast weapon that can be beaten out by Giefs lariat, but that gief would have to guess that you were about to dive kick in the first place. We can do our block strings, gief will probably SPD, do a quick dive kick and do whatever combo we want off that. Also, cr. hp is your friend in this round! Don’t be afraid to turtle to time out, you’ve got the advantage in this match up (imo) use it!

changuillo says:

The other match there (Zangief vs Rufus) is very educative since it shows us how to keep zangief away (to a decree) so its a must see for all of us Pop corn lovers.

3 - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RFQtv1yg1GI

sick, I wanted a thread like this:

[media=youtube]1j2S6956MWk[/media]

on 1:39, rufus punishes a tatsumaki with cr.HP. good counter for far tatsumaki attempts.

I think you can even do it when they throw a tatsu on your face (in the vids also shows that rufus can duck and evade Ryus tatsumaki completely)

[media=youtube]Ob_HZkdAlh8&feature=related[/media]

at 1.28 rufus throws a messiah kick, the other rufus tries to counter with ultra but the first one does the HK follow-up and evades the ulta completely. The other match there (Zangief vs Rufus) is very educative since it shows us how to keep zangief away (to a decree) so its a must see for all of us Pop corn lovers.

[media=youtube]RFQtv1yg1GI&feature=related[/media]

good matches, shows that Rufus has serious problems against a turtle blanka =(. We need some strats (GG might open a thread, he has good info)

edited it a bit, thanks changuillo, gonna do some more work on it later.

Just a comment, Rufus means Red Haired in Latin (Hes blond but well…)

Theres some more videos

[media=youtube]hQHZ_yd8wKs[/media]

This is something I havent seen before, check at 1:30, Ken does cr.mk (i think) into EX hadoken, and Rufus does EX messiah kick and goes throught the fireball and hits ken. I assume lp Tornado could work, but if its a EX fireball maybe it would hit fus on the start up, that need more testing.

on the same vid at 1:39, Rufus does EX messiah kick in the corner and crosses up Ken (and ken was able to punish). I dont know if this is some kind of “ken only” but its important to point out.

[media=youtube]Hi7Sks1mkH8[/media]

0:38 rufus punishes Chuns cross up kick (DF HK if im not mistaken) with Snake strike (lp version I think) before it actually crosses up.

EDIT:

new videos and info. I uploaded with my account because I didnt feel like looking for them on YT (they werent on hardedge channel anyways)

first one, Rufus vs Sagat: [media=youtube]790ElMtld8o[/media]

minute 1:18, Rufus does a blocked EX messiah kic, and follows-up with the overhead. Sagat attempts to shoryuken him…but what happens?? Rufus avoids it completely, very interesting.

Sec: Rufus vs C.Viper: [media=youtube]WLicY_grFtA[/media]

The player here (which I assume is the same that the one in the first vid) discovers how to shut down Vipers blaze kick when she uses when jumping at you, just use cr.mp and youll be fine…EX messiah kick also works

Sorry for the double post, but this is important and needs its own post:

On my Youtube account, im uploading tons of Rufus matches I had in my PC and ill be uploading every vid I might encounter on gamechariot, a-cho or the sakurablog (is that the name right?). So that you can watch them and learn a lot (and also to leave comments here about the matches, because im not doing all the job you know! )

anyways, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LatinDiveman

not sure if u guys got something against american rufus players but u can check me out from the most recent socal tourney

http://gootecks.com/videos/street-fighter-4-arcade-infinity-ranking-battle-12-100408/

DLing now bobino, I think Henry is going to film/upload all the matches from CF sf4 tourney, I should be there!

http://www.youtube.com/ikarugadc This is random me videoz =… I suck ksry bye.

oh you play Jam! same as me man :rofl:haha, well, on topic:

dont block fireballs too often, FA them, jump + safe divekick them or throw an HP tornado when close enough…it eats fireballs, you dont recieve chip damage and you hit the opp. dont try to jump at Ryu when he throws them because you will be doing exactly what he wants you to do. So teaching him that FBs wont work.

try more mix-up, dont do only block strings. G.gunman has posted good block strings, so go and check them, and most important, have fun.

Just watched Rufus’ ending. Wow, he has a bombshell girlfriend.

I have a copy, anyone want?

where?

pm it please.

or if its at YT or any vido site, post it on the Rufus story thread. :tup:

Rufus B&B combos:
[media=youtube]_qaj97fST1s[/media]

There’s also plenty of Rufus matches on my account (just do a serach with “(RU)”):

[media=youtube]WsftAOQY-0U[/media]
A Old Matche
but i figured someone might want to watch Rufus take out player after player
This Video Includes Bobino’s Rufus

[media=youtube]8hqHMyM3dfk"[/media]

[media=youtube]S3CQLzIsUaU"[/media]

[media=youtube]6fDTYVR_i-4"[/media]

Here are the vids from Kindevu’s matches with Iyo at the top 8 nationals.

[media=youtube]fpFfIyl_wYE[/media]
[media=youtube]V66wT-YFKLw[/media]
[media=youtube]w2F_O5nWUF4[/media]

some casual friendly matches featuring a rufus player named alex

noticed discussion was dying down here so i decided to give you guys something to watch and discuss if you want to(although it’s not much)

thread dying :frowning:
come on people
they’re must be rufus matches that have yet to be seen by most folks here

iyo vs kindevu: Dhalsim its an horrible matchup for rufus, he has to rely on SA a lot in this fight (high risk) in order to past through dhalsims lame long range pokes. One important thing to remember, if you manage to hit dhalsim, hit him with everything youve got because you dont know when or IF youre gonna get him again.

I wouldn’t say it’s a ‘horrible’ matchup, because once Rufus gets up in Dhalsim’s face, there are a little amount of options Dhalsim can do, and a whole world of options for Rufus.

Running off of my experiences playing against Dhalsim players with Rufus, I’d say the match is pretty even: Dhalsim wins if he keeps away successfully, but if Rufus closes the gap, then he wins.

Yep. Agreed.

I do think its 5:5 at the moment… BUT and this is a big but, the match is generally decided by how well the Sim player plays. IMO, the Sim player has to screw up in some way or another for the Rufus to be able to win, mainly because all of Sim’s keep away options are safe/semi-safe, while all of Rufus’s ways of getting in are horribly risky. Look at how Kindevu has to resort to random round house Messiah Kicks to close distance… normal Messiah Kicks are pretty shitty (unsafe AND stuffable through most of the animation) and should be used sparingly, but Iyo’s keepaway leaves Kindevu little choice but to hope for a knockdown/ultra combo off those random Messiahs.

Yes, even a small screw up will cost Sim the game due to the damage differential, but that doesn’t change the fact that its Sim who needs to screw up before Rufus gets in in the first place.

So yeah, it appears to be 5:5 now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it shifts to 6:4 Sim as Sim players get better at using all his keepaway options.