Gen Mk Hands 101 (Please read b4 anymore mk hands threads are started)

Ok fellas this is the solultion to any mk hands problems yous may have, if youve reached a point where youve seen all the methods but pianoing just doesnt seem to work, ill start by explaining why its not working and then ill give methods fix that problem. And ill upload a vid of me doing these exercises.

The reason some of you cant piano, is due to the fact that the muscles in everyones fingers work differently, different nerves react to different actions and its different in EVERY person. Some people can break these nerve habbits and make them work out however they want them to, others have a harder time.

These finger exercises are designed to break all nerve habbits and let your fingers move and be controled freely

You can do these anywhere, I usually do them when im bored at work or stuck at a traffic light, they are easy and fast and the more you do them the more freely your hands will move.

It works like this
Number your fingers from left to right
So start with your thumb bein 1 and end with your pinky as 5

**Begginers exercises **(designed to work ALL 5 fingers)

start slow and speed up with each repetition
3,4,5,3,2,3,4,2,1,2,3,1,5,4,5,4,repeat 4x

5,3,4,5,4,2,3,4,3,1,2,3,2,1,2,1,repeat 4x

3,4,2,1,3,1,2,3,4,5,4,5,4,5,4,3,2,repeat 4x

**Mk~Hands Specific hand work **(Fingers 1,2,3,4 and 1,2,4 extension)

1,2,4,5,4,3,4,2, repeat until it comes natural to move in this sequence 5,4,3,4,2 rapidly

And this one should will you get rid of that ex tendancy towards the end by separating the movements of fingers 3 and 4

1,2,4,3,4,3,5,4, repeat until motions seem natural

This one will help with the movement of your thumb to mk

1,2,1,3,2,4,3,5, repeat till it feels Natural

There ya go fellas vids comin soon be patient and KEEP practicing!

Thats cool, but what are these? Guitar exercises? Or just something you came up with?

I think this are guitar exercises, yeah. At least were some of the ones my teacher used to make me do. Anyways, the one I do is 1,2,3,4,2,4(mk, lp, mp, hp, lp, hp)

Actually Piano exercises ha, my best friend is an exper pianist and he came over and started playin street fighter, the man did the most amazin shit wit gen honda and chun, all cuz his piano tech was fuckin insane, but yea i started doin them, and im a damn monster at it now

Man I need 2 man up and get joystick in order to get a real feel for GEn, ha. Sigh… I suck on the joystick. Thanks for the exercise techniques man. Much appreciated…

I use a glove and do a slide method. I’ve become very effective at it that way. Honestly if all else fails when it comes to piano-ing I’d suggest trying a slide method, but you’ll wanna use some kind of material to cover your fingers otherwise the friction will eventually start ripping your skin off. A friend of mine uses medical tape for honda’s hands to hands.

Though I think it took me a lot longer to get the fadc’s added into mk hands doing the slide method but now I’m pretty solid at that as well.

There are various ways to slide but you can do it by using your thumb on mk and your index or middle finger to slide from HP to LP back to HP. Or how I do it with just my index from MK to HP to LP to HP. You just have to be careful not to hit mp or roundhouse sliding from mk to hp.

I never use my pinky for the game, can I skip the 5’s in these exercises or does it help anyway. This sounds like an awesome idea something to do with my fingers when I’m not playing. I’m sure you’ve posted before but can you reiterate what your current method for mk-hands, mp, mk-hands, and the follow up mk-hands are? I just want to compare them to mine.

It may sound nasty but with the slide method, i Spit a little of saliva on my middle and ring finger to slide my fingers better, i don’t use any glove.
Yeah my stick will end nasty, but it’s my own stick you know,.so, i don’t care lol

i use 1+2, 3, 4, 2, 4
good tips on training your nerves though, ill try some of the exercises you suggested.

thats how I currently do it too, but I get ex, or sometimes MP hands because I invariably press 1+2, 3, 4, 2, 3 instead. Going to do these exercises and see if I can just do 1+2,3,4,3,4 straight up.

rather than slide your fingertip on the buttons, slide it above the buttons, so that your finger just grazes them. This is a lot easier on your finger in my experience, since you can slide with very light pressure and it will still work. I play a ton of gen and do plenty of mk xx hands, and my finger never gets raw/sore.

I just “upgraded” to a fightpad from the regular pas, and well, it’s still not happening.

Without the larger buttons and layout of a stick, there’s just no way I’ll be getting mk hands down. I’m just gonna have to save up for the SE or TE.

The fightpad is still better than what i was using, but mk hands is not doable consistently for me without a stick.

I slide to 98% consistency or so on a hrap ex with sanwa buttons, but I never did pick up a glove. My finger might look like an armadillo now, but my finger never hurts anymore.

I was able to slide on a fightpad but yeah the buttons are quite small, and also it’s awkward to play a pad with one hand gripping the side yet the other hovering over the buttons. Use turbo till you get a stick imo so at least you get experience with when/where/why/how to use mk xx hands.

LOL

that’s fucking nasty dude

Yeah, admittedly I tried saliva once or twice when I was starting out, but saliva dries out too quick. I tried an oil-based lotion but that reduced friction way too much to the point where it bothered me. I tried extremely small amounts of petroleum jelly (such as vasoline) and while it did offer exactly the desired effect, I had to reapply it too often and it became annoying.

In the end I decided to man up and do it raw (lol) alongside modifying which part of the finger I was using and I’m pleased to not need any substances, gloves, or other various friction modifiers.

Honestly just simple medical tape works as well. And you don’t have a ridiculous glove on like me. I actually got nick named around here “Thomas - The Glove” because of it. Everyone makes fun of me for it. But in the end I’m the one laughing at them as I MK to hand their face. I actually only just recently tried the medical tape and honestly I might just switch to that because its not so… I dunno, nerdy? I guess. I dunno, doesn’t really bother me that they laugh, just gets a little redundant and I really hate that nick name.

I first just tried it strait raw finger, but sometimes when games start getting intense or if your in a crowded room your hands get a little sweaty/sticky and they don’t like to slide at all. Thats actually the main reason I started using other materials.

How should i do that on PS3 controller?

Start by going out and getting an arcade stick.

If its even possible to do on a pad, the only way I imagine it possible is being able to essentially piano it, but you’d have to reconfigure the pad making both triggers punch and piano somehow using you’re thumb with one punch and the triggers. I really don’t even know what I’m talking about honestly. Just holding a regular controller is freaking me out.

At least try out a fight pad controller. I can see MK to Hands being a little more reasonably possible with one of those because you could still piano.

Ah, these are very useful exercises. I just can’t grasp the idea of using a glove. It works for some people, but doesn’t it feel weird for the other moves?

Mk xx hands with piano worked 90~100% of the time for me until I started thinking about how I really did it, and it never came out the same way. It feels so weird to do dexterity exercises with the right hand now. Then again, it’s useful for things beside SF.

Mostly women. :wink: