Gamora is best waifu - Combos, Videos, Discussion

Combos:

Riot55–
Lk, HP, HK, qcfHk (2 hits), LK, ddLP, d.HP in air, qcb LK, HP, cr.HP, air HP, air dHP, air HP, air HK, HK, qcfLP, qcfLP+HP.

d3v–
any ground string into launch, j.HP, j.d+HP, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, land, dd+HP, d.LP, qcf+LP,qcf+PP (Corner Carry)

Gilthwixt–
(any ground series into launcher) > j. Lk , j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+lk (x3), land, j. Lk, j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+Lk (x2), land, j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+Lk, LK, HP, HK, d.d. HP, HK, qcf+Lp xx Godslayer Hyper.

Yellow eyes! So help me God, yellow eyes!

What an… informative topic. Anyways, might as well talk shop. I’ve been learning (read:struggling) to adapt to Infinite controls coming from mvc3 and picked up Gamora so far. I’ve been able to kind get a bnb so far that gets around 6.3k damage solo one bar. What I’ve been using:

Lk, HP, HK, qcfHk (2 hits), LK, ddLP, d.HP in air, qcb LK, HP, cr.HP, air HP, air dHP, air HP, air HK, HK, qcfLP, qcfLP+HP.

Then maybe tag into partner while she’s doing the sword super.

Seems relatively easy to confirm into, can do qcbLK guns from air or across screen and if it hits can confirm into this. Are there other easier and more damaging combos? I’m finding that the down down motion uppercut is annoying to do at times and still inconsistent.

Also, what are some good synergies with other characters? Any cheap tag setups or mixups people have been finding?

Me, I’m mostly just doing any ground string into launch, j.HP, j.d+HP, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, land, dd+HP, d.LP, qcf+LP,qcf+PP guaranteed 6k+ damage and is an amazing corner carry, though the timing to get the dd+HP to hit is a bit tight. That said, that point may be a great time to set up resets.

I’m struggling somewhat with the j.d+hp into j.qcb+lkx3 I can often get 2 of the j.qcb+lk but the third always gets me. Any help?

I’ve been running with a modified version of this combo:

https://youtu.be/jSVtM7jF2nQ

(any ground series into launcher) > j. Lk , j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+lk (x3), land, j. Lk, j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+Lk (x2), land, j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+Lk, LK, HP, HK, d.d. HP, HK, qcf+Lp xx Godslayer Hyper.

I find the j. LK x2 to be way easier to time, but that might just be because it reminds me of Jill jump loops. The damage is about the same.

Like the original uploader notes, this can be done anywhere including corner to corner, and will have different damage depending on who you do it on. Starting with a jump in I’ve hit Thanos for 7k+.

Just realized I’ve been missing out on 3 additional gun loops. Only been doing 3 back-to-back.

Wow that one in the video is a lot easier than the one I been doing here:
https://twitter.com/dooplespls/status/910439974050316289

I always fuck up at the end with s.lk, f+hk, qcb.lk, c.lk, c.hp.

Nice combo. I just grinded it for like 2 hours lol. I can technically do the whole thing, but I’m finding it a bit hard sometimes to include the last little single jump/gun in the air after the 3 guns then 2 guns. You can just end combo without the tighter timing of the last jump loop and still do nearly the same damage (was about 200 or so less?. Maybe just more consistent for hectic online matches.

Any other characters that can really capitalize off tagging in off her super at the end of this? Or other nice synergies people have discovered? I haven’t even touched stones yet pretty much, though I imagine with soul stone and install super she can lock people down pretty well. Revived partner uses same inputs right? Could probably qcf H with partnered Thanos for his armored overhead no? Any other good characters with qcb LK moves to aid in her gun spam? lol

edit: I’m not very confident in Hawkeye overall, but I’m messing with him a little now and he seems like a pretty good tag in as Gamora is doing her super. You can do his backflip arrows and hit them with a poison arrow, another arrow, and then a final ground shot to extend the total damage without using a 2nd bar. By that time you’ve already done ~7000 damage or so with poison ticking, so opponents will only have a little bit of HP left so Hawkeye can run and try to chip out maybe.

I keep changing my BnB because of the videos I see of people hitting 7-8k. After learning them I realize it’s more like 5-6k no matter what combo I do… What’s causing the huge damage discrepancies? I assume it has to be Gamora’s Godslayer super not hitting perfectly?

Personally, I’ve been using Thanos as my second. I use gamora to cheese/annoy/zone a little bit, then bring in big daddy Thanos for the damage.
Using Thanos’ beam super into tag is a huge help to get Gamora in safely and have a chance to mix up.

I’ll be practicing tonight to get some better combos/mixups down.

Anyone else using a different partner?

Another interesting entry from ElChakotay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4AuRIdc6bs

We have loops!

Yeah, there are several videos out there that show this better, but basically scaling in this game is weird af. For one, the character you do the combo on changes the damage output. Also, with this combo in particular starting your ground series with a light attack actually makes it lose** ~500 damage for whatever reason, but doing the light attack after a jump-in undoes this. And you get serious diminishing returns the longer the combo is - entire strings end up being a pitiful 200 to 300 damage difference. On the one hand it makes it a bit easier for newer players since even very unoptimal stuff can net you 5.5k+, and ToD combos are pretty much nonexistant without Power Storm + Level 3 so setups and oki will be more important. On the other hand, it almost feels like it isn’t worth the effort to learn difficult, flashy stuff especially if you exclusively play online. And we’ll never have hype moments like Marlin Pie’s TAC swag.

My money is on Dormammu being top tier across the board, especially with someone like Gamora on point. Just look at what FChamp is doing with him. While Godslayer hyper is active, you have enough time to stock 3 Dark Spells and still get Stalking Flare out to combo. It’s disgusting to the point that I almost don’t want to do it lol. Doctor Strange would probably work the same way, but probably not as strong - I want to give that a shot and see how fun it is.

Starting a combo with a light scaling a combo hard was in MvC3 as well.

Yeah I feel like the main thing you want in combos right now is corner carry and meter building since damage is fairly homogenized

Thanks for the clarification, Sucks that we lose out on the crazy combo potential that makes marvel what it is but I guess theres not much we can do about it. I’ll be sticking to the simple stuff I suppose.

Yeah but not to the extent of 10 ~ 15% damage loss. There are people in other threads noting up to 1k damage loss. That’s nuts.

Edit: I’m going to acknowledge the irony in that your comment was actually the one I saw mentioning up to 1k damage loss. But point still stands - 1 jab never dropped a 1mil combo to 900k in mvc3.

Is this really netting you 6k? I’m not even coming close to that. Hell I added another loop in there andonly hit 5.3k. What ground series are you doing beforehand?

As for that 3rd gun loop I can’t seem to hit. Is this something that only works on big bodies?

Also do anyone have some of gamora full screen confirms?

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m having a lot of trouble with gun loops in the corner. Are they even possible?
I am having a lot of luck online with Reality Gem/j.f+LK to break defense. If they’re using time stone, just keep your reality orb out and free combo every time they use their gem.

Didn’t Gamora have an air hyper?