Gamora is best waifu - Combos, Videos, Discussion

Still searching for a good 2nd with Gamora that can tag in and do some damage or setups after she’s hitting them with her hyper and can keep her safe as she stands there for a second. Still using Hawkeye and tagging em with some arrows. I suck with flight characters and everyone still feels weird to play. Tinkering with Arthur a little bit, but feel like I need some lockdown mixup. Also need good ways to tag into Gamora from any distance and let her combo. Anybody exploring zoning-type characters with her? I think Ultron would probably be decent with her as Ray Ray plays her, but for whatever reason I just can’t make myself cancel into flight in the air, having to do the qcb kicks so fast mid combo just doesn’t jive with my brain. Dante’s combos are weird too. I mean I guess if I just sat in training mode with a specific bnb it’d work, but I dunno. I’m starting to have luck with Hawkeye and Gimlet can be nice, but if the opponent gets in to even midscreen on me I have no good answer with him, he’s just so weak up close.

Anybody experimenting with X? Or Strange? Does Strange rely on extended fly combos? I dont think so, right?

Trust, just learn and get used to the flight cancels. I had a lot of trouble in MvC3 and now even in infinite when learn how to flight cancel. Eventually it just clicks. A lot of character options become available because the flight cancels works nearly exactly the same across most of the cast. Learning one characters flight combos and you’ve pretty much learned them all. Not learning them is just limiting your character pool.

I’ve been using Jedah and Nova to compliment Gamora. While not an incredibly effective zoner I’m pretty sure Jedah would be your go to if your looking for a hit and run type style, especially with reality/time stone. The fact that you cant push block his eviscerates makes for some good zoning and great lockdown.

Tested this again. Anything that starts from a light, no matter how long or short will scale the combo hard (about 1k damage).

If you want more damage, you’re going to have to substitute dd+HP for a rejump into j.HP, j.d+HP, 2x gun loops, into ground string to super.

Ah thanks.

@Riot55 Strange doesn’t have anything like that from what I’ve seen. He’s probably a pretty good character for gamora. I’m thinking about using either X Dante or Captain Marvel alongside gamora. Haven’t decided tet whp I want to try.

What are some basic combos for her dd super? The double animation one? Or what do you guys usually combo from to trigger the super and follow with a combo

Strange timing but I was about to post about this. L godslayer will confirm into her shadow combination.

If you’re running soul stone you can do HPxSoul Stone and just repeat that may have to dash a couple of times or walk slightly forward. You can also combo light god slayer after the soul stone and get another heavy.

So loops involving soul stone can be HPxSoul Stone or HPxSoul Stone lp god slayer. HPxSoulStone x3 lp God alayer then repeat.

If you don’t have soul stoe you can do HPx lp god slayer. It can be tricky to get the hp after the lp qodslayer so you can substitute that with lk. LK HP x lp god slayer is a lot easier to confirm.

Your best bet for an ender will prob be ddHP. I don’t think using a 2nd bar will be worth it. The cpu was usually able to block around 30 hits when I tried these loops. So keep that in mind.

I haven’t tried it but HKx lp god slayer should potentially work as well. Possible ender also that I haven’t tried is ddhp cr jab ddhp or lp god slayer.

https://youtu.be/2X4I9TUZiuE
I think this is a good start for a reset concept. They can escape if they tech up and tag. You might be able to counter that if you tag with the j.hk arc shots. That gives better mix-up options anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzGjC7DhF7M

Cute power stone reset concept. If they air tech (in any direction I’m pretty sure) you get gunshot pressure

I’m up at 2am in the lab. I found this cute little loop/reset. I hope it gives somebody some ideas.
https://youtu.be/LuDhcS1kqas

How are you guys controlling her in the neutral? I’ve noticed constant leaping gun pressure from randoms online. I feel like we should be more clever than that.

By also throwing in ground guns and kunais. Or activating Genei Jin, then shooting.

You must tell me of this possible Gamora and Nova galactic marriage. Nova and Dante are two of my fave characters especially coming from MvC3. Also loving Gamora so far she just feels really responsive, quick, rewarding and kinda reminds me of Deadpool slightly(plus her theme is GODLIKE). If I can pair her with Nova I’d be pretty fukkin happy. What are you doing with them?

Also I haven’t hit the lab with these gun loops everybody’s using but is that as required as it seems for her combos? First thing I should be getting down moving forward?

I’ve gotta say I’ve been VERY impressed and surprised by how good Gamora feels and looks like she has a lot of potential to still be figured out thanks to that Shadow Super that folks aren’t using all that much yet. If I can nail these gun loops which seem to lead to her optimal damage than she’ll have to be a main of mine. Anyways tho who is the character folks have been finding works best with her so far?

Hey guys what are the properties of gamoras anti air? Is it invincible on start up?

My friend does a block string into the move and then tags Jedah who dashes in with a low or aerial HP. Was wondering if this could be interrupted or I have to just take it and guess lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m66_FUwvhSs&feature=youtu.be
https://youtu.be/3DUwCWNi8Fs
Combo idea. Trying to optimize it.

I’ve been using Hawkeye and Gamora still lately. What do you think the optimal combo would be if I hit the opponent with a Gimlet? I’ve just been trying to tag in and dash over, crLK cr HP > air gun loop but it’s too high to really do any loops without them falling out.

Try the low-to-ground loop jLK HP 2HP xx QCB+LK. Usually loops up to 3x in a standard BnB but should still work at least twice off a raw super into tag confirm. Oh yeah, you can use 22LP to OTG and do 2HP while falling into air QCB+LP to start it off a knockdown. Works after LP Godslayer knockdown as well.

Afterwards I think you can link launcher but if not, a buffered 22HP works if you didn’t do too many reps. Or you can end it with the reset posted above by DocCeaser as your last loop since you should end up in the corner.

Really like the idea of Hawkeye/Gamora. Messed around and think i have the basis for something sort of simple/effective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOlPgn7W3Qo&feature=youtu.be

Just started playing a couple of days ago. The game still feels really weird to me (even dashing feels off) but so far, Gamora has been pretty fun. Really dug her in the character reveals and her guns are too good!

I use her and Thanos right now. Ideally, I would’ve wanted to play Capt. Marvel but flight cancels just feel weird to me. I don’t know if it’s the best synergy but I feel like both characters set up each other well? Or at least, they set up their partners fairly well.

Will try the BNB’s people posted on here when I get home later.

Just played more last night and holy crap, I can’t get the 3 gun reps in the air consistently even on the first loop! I tried the lk lk version and the hp version and can’t get them both down with any type of consistency. Any tips?

As an aside, here’s a bnb that I found that’s pretty reliable and easy and does about 6.4k from mid screen.

Qcf HK (2 hits), LK (guns), LK, HP, HK, crHP, j.LK, j.HP, j.HK, cr.HK, qcf.HP (get all those hits), qcf.PP (sword super)

Sometimes, I have to dash in after the LK guns but the timing isn’t so tight.