GameUnderGround MAASSSAAACHUUSEETTSSS Framingham Tues/Fri

We’re back!

SO for those who don’t know, GameUniverse is back! The official name is now Game Underground, but its still your favorite fighting game venue :smiley:

A little about us:
We started holding our gatherings last November (?) the week TGA (RIP) closed for a vacation. After the terrible incident occurred there, we’ve had fight night gatherings in Framingham for over a year. Gameunicon happened (ask for the sad details) and we were force to shut down. But now we’re back! Jamie is now the 100% owner and I have been given permission to run fight nights every Tuesday and Friday like old times!

Login | Facebook
heres a blog post of a lil about us, from a local player Victormaru

Before I rant on again I have to say this. TO ALL WHO HAVE GONE, BEEN, ATTENDED, SPENT MONEY, PLAYED FIGHTERS, WATCHED, DROVE/WALKED/SWAM/FLEW to GU THANK YOU. Everyone in this community is beyond awesome and I wouldn’t host any of these fight nights if it weren’t for the players support. Over the last year I have met so many new people and made some unbelievable friendships. Im blessed because people come from so far just to play, and I try my best to accommodate. And obviously if theres ever a problem, tell me ASAP. :smiley:

What we do at fight night:
$5 venue fee
Store hours: 5pm-1am (or later)
I have keys to the store, and have the abillity to leave whenever I want. That usually means if people wanna play till the sun shines, so be it.

What we play:

FIGHTERS! Obviously the game is SSF4 right now. But to be honest I’m open to anything. I would reccomend bringing another player if you wanna play the more obscure titles, or at the very least post before hand, but all fighters are welcomed. If you msg me before hand I’ll also set it up in the afternoon.

We play on Viewsonics xbox 360 VGA mainly for super. We have a few ps3’s on crt’s too! I have one TE for each so if you dont have a stick theres no problem (but bring yours if you have one)

Thats pretty much the gist of fight nights in Framingham

1251 Worcester Road
Framingham
MA 01701

And once again thank you to everyone whos been here or have said great things, thats the reason I still hold this!

Get blazblue plz. Ok you’re not an arcade, but damn the metro area is pretty bereft of arcades and TGA is closed up for 3 weeks and so I’ll ask anyway. :wgrin:

And in other news, I’m interested in hearing more about your establishment. And any other games up for playing?

Yea where you from?
Basically we’re obviously console, and I just started to form a small scene there. But I mean we play everything and anything people are willing to bring. I just love competitive fighting games, so If I dont know it im sure id love to learn it!

Tuesday night is our new official fighting game night, so If you want to check us out that be the night to come.

Names Dan

hm… Do you guys ever do Dream cast stuff? Like MvC2?

or CvS2 on PS2?

Dreamcast, only if somene brought the games, like I said though Im open to anything. (Ill NEVER say no to some old school rival schools/ last blade shyt)

Ps2 yea, we try to play mvc2, cvs2 and sf3s when we can (usually its one of the three alot of the night). Im a scrub at mvc2 and cvs2 thats one reason why we’re doing this, so I can learn but I love playing them.

Also trying to buy a new ps2 stick, still working on that as well.

Tuesday nights~ :stuck_out_tongue:

also i’d love to see some guilty gear action.

mainly because the next closest group (those who post at dustloop) are in springfield and that’s a bit far for a south of boston person like me

you got AC for the PS2?

yea we do, its a video game store first, gaming store second so our equipment is solid

You Bring it and Ill play it, just go easy on me haha
Also I have Battle Phantasia which I love, and is made by the creators. Dont know if youve seen it. but its like the physics of GG with the capcom style…idk its just fun :smiley:

Man…Dreamcast…you should get one on Ebay, so worth the money. Dreamcast is the only system that is true to MvC2, arcade perfect.

Lolz no arcade sticks…but im looking at 29 of em…0.0
but yea fighting game system of the century

And in all seriousness Id love to rekindle some sort of fighting game…thing for people in Boston or Framingham or whatever…

and since I have pull at a decently encouraging videogame store this could be really sucessful…any spreading of the word would be very grateful!

Hey Dan,

Tom from Wilmington!

I live an hour away from you I believe, I’m thinking about taking a visit on down there sometime in the future!

Good luck in your endeavors, I appreciate your activity!

Hey Great!
Trying to meet as many new people as possible! Ill add ya on xbox, im luckystarz87

If you can come this Tues for cap vs tats im so excited its unbelievable

what kind of games do you play and spread the word

Thanks!

We got it in today yey!
its awesome!

just a reminder 1st Tuesday with Tatsunoko hope people can make it!
Thanks

So you don’t have sticks? I may stop by at some point to check out the game, but I’m pretty awful without a stick. Even worse than I am with one.

hey just to say thanks like 8 people showed up, start small but keep spreading the word!

Maybe next time.

If i go i can bring 2 of these converters. They work perfect and i recommend to anybody that’s interested.

GC = PS2

y = triangle
x = circle
a = X
b = square
l = L2
r = R2
z = L1 + R1

Check out this tourney on the 27th of Dec. for HD remix. First prize SF 4 for free on any console. If there is more than 40 people at this tourney then 1st,2nd,and 3rd get a free copy of SF4 so bring your friends son!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=5864986#post5864986

So ill stop by tuesday with 2 buddies for TVC. Who’s else is going?

Sounds Great! You can check out how easy Vjoe is :stuck_out_tongue:

IDk theres like 5 regs and straglers, cant wait to meet ya!

It’s all about Gold lightman AKA Waffer Man! Yeah son!