"Game of Death" Iron Fist Combo Thread

Here are some combos From BradyGames Umvc3 Strategy Guide.

Basic BNBs
743,200 damage

1. St. :m:, :h:,:f:+:h: cancel, :qcf:+:l:, cancel, :qcf:+:m:, cancel,:dp:+:l:, Forward super jump, Air :m:,:m:,:h:,:s:, Land, Forward Dash,:qcb:+:m:, OTG, cancel :qcf:+:l: cancel :qcb:+:h:, cancel :dp:+:atk::atk:(mash :atk:)

765,000-908,000 damage
2. St, :m:, :h:, :f:+:h: cancel :qcf:+:l:, cancel :qcf:+:m:, cancel :dp:, ST. :h:, CR. :h:, :f:+:h:, cancel, foward jump, late air :h:, Delayed :s:, Land, ST. :m:,:h:, :b:+:h:, cancel :qcb:+:l:, cancel :qcf:+:l: cancel :qcf:+:h:, Forward Dash, :qcb:+:m: OTG, cancel :qcf:+:h: cancel, :qcf:+:atk::atk:,:b:+:h: cancel, :dp:+:atk::atk:

745,700 damage
3. Front or Back Throw or Front or Back air Throw, :qcb:+:m: cancel :qcf:+:l:, :qcf:+:h:, :qcf:+:atk::atk: Forward Dash CR.:h:,:f:+:h: cancel :qcf:+:l:, cancel :qcb:+:h:,cancel :dp:+:l: cancel :dp:+:atk::atk:

…*adding the rest of the combos after i get out of class. *

more combos

1. :qcb:+:m:, cancel :qcf:+:l:, cancel :qcb:+:s:, Wavedash Forward Twice, CR. :m:, ST. :h:, CR. :h:, :f:+:h: cancel :qcf:+:l: cancel :qcb:+:h:, cancel :dp:+:l:, cancel :dp:+:atk::atk:

2. :qcf:+:atk::atk: , Wavedash forward twice, St.:m:, :h:, :b:+:h: cancel :qcb:+:l: cancel :qcf:+:l: cancel :qcf:+:h:, Forward dash, :qcb:+:m: OTG cancel :qcf:+:h: cancel :qcf:+:s: cancel :dp:+:atk::atk:

Pychosis5354 combo:

1. s.MH, f.H, QCB.L, QCF.L, QCF.M, Red Chi, S launch, j.MMHS, QCB.M, QCB.L, QCF.L

Simple reset with spencer
[media=youtube]A8Nd6SpOF0U[/media]

Dr. Strange assist
[media=youtube]IhSpe8kmtxY[/media]

Finally made it to him to do about 30 minutes worth of messing around with. Simple combo.

[media=youtube]WGtg2ek2ggI[/media]

EDIT: I LOVE YOU

Also, a tip to people making long combos, later in the combo you want to reduce your knockdown rekka chains to 2 hits so you can cancel the knockdown into chi so you have the power up chi all the way through and can land 2 powered up hypers, the damage boost will more than compensate for the 1 less rekka.

Basic bnb, 883,400

Oh that’s a good tip. I’m going to play around with that later.

His mini air loop (jHS land HcHfH etc) is probably going to the standard for getting maximum damage/meter gain in most situations for now. He gets it off of crumple, a2a jH, AA sM and probably more. Excellent use of corner to corner as well.

You can link a standing jab after his QCF super if you mash the super, I found out that you can take any of his basic BnB combos that end with :dp: + :atk: :atk: and end them with his :qcf:+:atk: :atk: instead if your opponent is cornered, and link a standing :l: afterwards and do a dash under/airthrow reset instead. resetting and OTGing with :qcb:+:m: after the air throw or whatever after the dash under. Midscreen you can link his :dp: + :atk: :atk: off of :qcf: + :atk: :atk: if you dash up right after the first super is over

I was thinking about the same thing. If you won’t kill them linking Spirit of the Dragon after Fists of Fury, maybe it would be better to just reset and keep the pressure so you can save your meter.

But after Spirit of the Dragon the opponent recovers very fast so you can also get a free mixup afterwards, just not as good as an actual reset.

i’m pretty sure you can hit the s.l after without mashing, i play on pad and just can’t bring myself to mash effectively so i don’t mash the hyper and i still get it but good find nonetheless

Some things i’ve learned while playing with iron fist against a couple of my friends is that Air :h: is your best chance of crossing your opponent up it also has good range on that particular kick. Just always have some sort of beam assist behind him (I use Doom). Wave dashing will be your friend when trying to close the distance between you and the opponent.

BnB dmg 959,900

ST :h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:, :dp::l:, :d::h:,:f::h: jump cancel, j.:h:, j.:s:, ST :m:, ST :h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::h:, :dp::l:, otg :qcb::m:
:qcf::l:, :qcf::h:, :qcf: Super, :b::h:, :dp: Super

Edit:

After first super you can do :b::h:, :qcb::l:, :qcf::l: into dp Super. does 977, 900

anyone know the combos justin wong iron fist was doing during spooky’s stream?

Here’s another combo I made with dr strange assist. 844,000 damage

Anyone got any reliable ground to air starting combos? Most reliable I’ve found which works full-screen as well would be like; :m::b:+:h: :d::db::b:+:h:, :d::db::b:+:m:, :d::db::b:+:s: then depending where you are on the screen and fist of fury hyper, or corner hyper stuff.

You could add a jump loop in it, like M, H, f. H, j. H, j. S and then your combo, it would already increase the damage a little bit.

Joe is right. s.M into fH should give you the best reward in terms of damage.

While true, I’m looking for stuff that works universally regardless of how clean the hit was. Too many times I’ll see the f+H dash under (normally not a problem as you can correct with c.H or something) and drop the airborne opponent.

i play pad, I use a standard button layout with a few changes. face buttons are all the same. it’s really easy to mash if you just move your thumb from the analog/dpad to X/Square and put your thumb over Y/Triangle and B/Circle. can mash all 3 buttons fast as hell that way.

I can full mash haggar’s super on pad that way, if you ignore the hideous darth vader sounds in this vid you can see how quickly you can mash with the method I described

You honestly don’t need many button presses to get max damage in hypers for MvC3. Like probably around 15-20 inputs I bet is close to max damage (without actually testing).

nice tip.

but what can you follow this loop up with?