Game bugs/glitches/anomalies/exploits

[media=youtube]xmluswptd9s&feature=related[/media]

Seth.

good thread putting the glitches together. while some are indeed impractical, some can be abused in a real match.

Cammy can ground cross-up quick standing Honda with :r: :r:

Not really a glitch, but apparently doing Honda’s ultra and Zangief’s lariat at the same time would make something retarded happen. Basically the two hits cancel each other out without either one actually hitting the other. Does anyone have a video of it?

Also, is kara-throwing/kara-anything a glitch, or is it something intentional? I know it was in 3rd strike, but still, it doesn’t look “intentional” for someone like Ken to “teleport” during his throw animation.

IIRC kara-ing was an intentional carry-over from 3s

It’s intentional and it’s not “from 3rd strike”.

Weird Cammy EX Cannon Strike Possible Glitch. Not really sure what’s happening in that video.

Note: found this video, it’s not mine.

[media=youtube]xoJ6ifoekHA&NR=1[/media]

Cool thread. I didn’t know anything outside of EX Kara. c.hk whiff happens to me all the time with Rog…

This isn’t a glitch. You’re not letting go of the first button early enough and you can’t press it if it’s already being pressed so the 3P/3K only registers the other two buttons.

Might’ve been Akuma dashing, but I can’t tell.

sagats last set of hits in ultra animation plays if either the second to last, or last hit of his uppercut portion of the attack connect (i forget which), this is what causes most of his weird uppercut glitches (nothing happening vs rose/dhalsim in corner, them getting hit behind him and the uppercut whiffing)

sagats roundhouse moves his collision box (for lack of a better word) forward, really, really far, this was originally found to be useful vs dictator ex headstomp (liston showed this to me ages ago), which caused the homing property of it to outright whiff.

haha i believe i was the first person to document this in english. you can do it with ex low into ex straight, ex low into ex smash, or ex straight into ex upper, i believe. each method of input is slightly different.

this is simply a case of the attack/hitboxes being smaller than the actual model. this is nothing new and just looks a little funnier because sf4 uses model and 2d collision. the c.MK not hitting with the foot part actually threw me off the first time played the game when cf first got it. : (

most of the ground crossups are occuoring because the middle of the characters collision box moves so far back, that when you dash into them, you’re actually further than the place their original collision box was, so when they start reeling back, the game decided that you were so deep into them, that you were actually on the other side. this is what happens when you assign fancy hit/collision boxes to really dramatic hit reels like that. you also get the annoying combo glitches like rog not being able to do proper followups off ex overhead on sagat.

hope this clarifies things, its hard to properly elaborate a lot of this stuff without using technical jargon. in a sense, im just trying to say why these weird things happen, from the programmer/designers/testers perspective.

btw not really glitches any different than that bison one earlier, but generally if you do an ultra with a canned cinematic animation from far away, and tag dhalsim/seth limb with it, it causes the enemy to teleport next to you, looks really funny. not really a glitch though.

Actually, Sagat’s c.MK hitboxes are accurate, he hits with his heel.