Frank West Level Up Strategies

Actually, I’m thinking it SHOULD be possible using Strider’s Vajira.

Probably something with a Combo–>Call Strider–>s.S–> Bottom’s Up—> Pic.

That… Might be possible but I’d have to test it out to give you any confirmation.

I’m on it. I know there’s a strong possibility that you can do something like this from the infinite.

Combo–>TAC–> infinite–> after the j.H land, call Strider,S, Bottoms up–> Pic should BE insta 5.

In theory it should work like Jill’s assisted BNBs with Strider.

It Works! It’s Quite Tight, but it’s possible!

This is awesome stuff guys! At some point I want to try to make little mini videos of characters leveling up Frank and do it something like hard tags, DHCs, THCs, and the assists. Then I can update the videos as needed as we keep going.

Anyone up for helping out with this?

Sure, but my recording device has not come in yet, some odd delay, so I have no idea when I’m able to record stuff. Also, does anyone have something for Cap aside from BLS DHCs? Cap’s combos carry to the corner so easily that BLS is kinda not very practical to followup. Right now, Vergil is the dude, levels Frank up from anything/any DHC, but Cap is just there to look pretty, do some damage and ram zoners in the face.

I’m pretty sure Cap can level Frank up via a Stars and Stripes DHC into BLS. I don’t play cap but you can try extending his combos (Charging Star to get them a bit higher) and Rapid Slash to increase their height then Hyper into Either Stars and Stripes or Hyper Charging star, DHC into BLS and combo afterward due to hitting the sweet spot.

Isn’t the sweet spot only possible if you DHC midscreen? I gotta find some self-crossup combos, then, because everything I have with Cap can be corner-to-corner if necessary.

I’m pretty sure it can be done in the corner as well, just tighter. When I get home, I’ll be sure to test it for you.

Some tricks with Ryu:

OTG Shinku Hadoken -> BLS
Example: From Corner to corner: Throw, TK otg Shinku Hadoken, delay from proper height, BLS, picture.
Also possible to followup from BLS to dash in S -> Combo.

From Corner: Shin Tatsumaki to BLS, requires that you haven’t used wallbounce.

My team with frank is RR frank dante.

I either tac into frank which is the easiest. Especially in the corner. Tac down/up light qcf l x3 then special. snap shot call dante assist A snap shot into qcb special. Then if I have meter I call in mad hopper L-H when the opponet is highest. Raw tag in frank. Snap shot into qcb special again. Instant level 4/5

psn {popnlocker} tweet me {@13thpower}

? Why are you TACing into Frank if you can just DHC from RR’s bnb into ST? Then call log, snap pick, Dive Knee, Snap another pic.

because if I do the rocket raccoons full combo mind scrren it takes up my wall bounce. Plus the down tac gives me meter. Or the up gives more damage. Plus I tac then land call dante otg with snapshop then date hits then snapshop again. And that’s if I tac. But I don’t appreciate u belittlin my tac. Hell if I’m feeling flashing ill bear trap into mad hopper. But yea. I go for very fast early level 4 or 5. Its a must. so that’s like 4 snaps to your 3? And at every snap I have more hits than ur ending. Which means higher level so yea

Even more “?” If it takes up your wall bounce, just DHC into ST–> Call Dante–>Snap Pic–> Snap pic again

TACS are by far the worst way to level up Frank.

How are tacs worst or better in anyway in leveling him up? U know besides the fact that your opponent can counter it.
No tacs
I would start with rocket raccoon lmhs air m s bear trap log trap rocket skates s air m s bear trap xx rocknroll, ST before last hit call in dante snap pic [dante hits] snap picture ST.

I like using the tac cause if I get the down tac ,my dhc from ST into mad hopper is basically a free one and since canceling the ST into l+h mad hopper when the oppenet is highest. Allows for a raw tag into frankwest, then the oppenet bounces off the hopper andu take another picture.

Hell ifu have enough meter u can just keep looping ST into mad hopper into raw tagged frank west (repeat) over and over untill u run outta meter.

Use Oil Bomb for more hits and damage (along with two Boulder traps when the oil bomb’s incendiary is active) After Log Trap you can extend your combo with a Super Jump S–> Rocket skate down–>j.S–>s.S–> whatever.

Yeah, TAC Frank levelling is a bit bleh, unless there’s no other way to get him to level 4, and if that’s the case, one must reconsider their team.

I personally like teams that have the second character as the main Frank leveller, be it by mode, or by solo DHC combos in case the pointman dies. Vergil works very well for this, as does Skrull (especially if the point character has dem rawtag combos).

Which assists add 7+ hits to a combo by themselves? I know Break the Witness does, I’m fairly sure Eye of Agamotto can, not sure about any others.

Dark Hole, Jam Session, Shopping Cart (TROLLOLOLOLOL), Tenderizer?, there’s probly more, but I can’t think of anything.

I’m pretty sure there’s a way for every cast member to level him up to 4. It’s just a matter of how practical they are! :wink:

The problem with having Frank last is that worst comes to worse, your stuck with level 1 frank on anchor who is possibly one of the worst anchors in the game.