Fort Wayne, IN: High Stakes Hungry, Hungry Hippos League

Time for a new thread, going to try to keep the first post somewhat up to date with what’s going on.

Everyone post your information so it doesn’t get reposted every 2-3 pages:

SRK Name
Real name (if you want)
NETPLAY (PSN, Live, Steam, GGPO, whatever)
Your location

Facebook Group

**Gatherings: **
Intermittent and locations can vary. Check either thread or Facebook Group to be current.

Player List

ATC_of_ROT
Corey
PSN: ATC of ROT (mostly Marvel)
Decatur

Chameleonice
Malcolm
XBox Live: Chameleonice
Fort Wayne

cheezface immortal
Brent Werling
XBL: immortalbmw
Decatur, IN

DunkyHarwood
Clem
XBL/PSN: DunkyHarwood
Fort Wayne

Nel
Nathan Comment
PSN/skype: VVhiteCore
Decatur

rei-scarred
Mike
LoL: DragnMasterSwain
(Games that matter): …
Fort Wayne

Riot55
Scott
XBL: Riot55555 (Mainly Marvel all the time)
PSN: Riskbreaker55 (I have P4A on PS3 but am not on my PS3 much at all)
Fort Wang

Yvive
Wil Hart
PSN/Steam: Yvive
Fort Wayne, Near IPFW

Nel
Nathan Comment
PSN/skype: VVhiteCore (wtb name change)
Decatur

cheezface immortal
Brent Werling
XBL: immortalbmw
Decatur, IN

DunkyHarwood
Clem
XBL/PSN: DunkyHarwood
Fort Wayne

Riot55
Scott
XBL - Riot55555 (Mainly Marvel all the time)
PSN - Riskbreaker55 (I have P4A on PS3 but am not on my PS3 much at all)
Fort Wang

ATC_of_ROT
Corey
PSN - ATC of ROT (mostly Marvel)
Decatur

rei-scarred
Mike
LoL: DragnMasterSwain (hey im on it 100x more often than PSN why not)
I’ll play you in BB or P4A OFFLINE
Fort Wayne

Impatience won, I got the JP version of GG.
Surprisingly, after not playing the at all for over a year, not touching training mode in about 2-3, and playing the game on stick for the first time ever, I’m 50% or better on all of my FRCs for Venom. I wasn’t able to land them that consistently before, how the hell does this work?

WHERE IS MY MURICAN RELEASE PSN?

not sure how much id actually play GG though; falling in love with persona and BB is right around the corner :frowning:

You (hell everyone) should give GG a shot, the game is straight up amazing. There’s time before you have to worry about BBCP. It only hits arcades on my birthday, console version won’t hit until sometime next year (I’m betting on a June-July release myself). Besides, people should play more games as it is, it’s not like they’re a job or anything.

EDIT: With SCEA dragging their feet so much, I wouldn’t expect GGAC before December at this rate. But, if you get impatient like I did, you’ll be happy to know that everything of importance (Menus, Story, pretty much everything except voices as far as I can tell) is in English.

well I used to play #reloaded a lot but I didn’t really know anything about fighters. I know some real basic stuff with dizzy but that’s about it

don’t really have much time in a day to play more games sadly so I just try to get decent at a select few :frowning:

GGAC is the same as the ps2 version right now right? guess I could do some training mode on my emulator if that’s the case

Yeah, it’s the exact same version as the American AC+ version that came out a few years back. It should be getting updated in a couple months to +R, I’d imagine.

this is the day after Thanksgiving. this Friday. starts at 6pm their time (7pm for us) so i’m curious if anyone is interested? i am willing to go especially if other folks can. i can drive if needed but i always rent so i don’t rack up mileage on my own vehicle (made that mistake in the past) or of course if someone else can drive it would save even extra money.

anyway i’ll probably call/text around later tonight after work to see if there is interest. lots of games being played. SF4, MvC3, KOF13, MK, TTT2, P4A, GGXX ACP, ST. plus they are saying there should be plenty of casuals.

How far is it hour wise? I just got my mustang fixed up so we could go there in style.

And where are we staying its a 2 day tournament? Or am I reading it wrong

Either way I’m game, always looking for a reason to play other people

maybe get enough practice for NEC !

It looks like it’s about a 3 to 3.5 hour drive from Fort Wayne to the venue (probably want to call it at least 4 if you take into account the beast that is the Chicago area). It looks like it’s just a single day event going till whenever everything gets done in the morning. Regardless, I should be down for going, just for shits and giggles if nothing else.

yeah it’s gonna be a solid 3.5, possibly 4 hour drive each way. it’s really only a one day event but like Wil said it’s starting Friday evening at 6pm (7 for us) and finishing super early Saturday morning (by 2am i believe it says, which is 3am our time cuz they are an hour behind us).

hey no complaints if you think you want to drive it. i usually tend to have to be the one to drive to all the tourneys so i welcome this idea. haha. plus it would save us money not renting a vehicle. i failed on the call tonight. i suck. haha. but i’m calling for certain Tuesday night.

Long as there isn’t going to be a foot of snow I’m game to drive

On A side note anyone getting that playstation battle game? Not sure if I should pick it up
Next thing you know we’re going to be having friendlies and ditto matches

Was wondering why I wasn’t getting notifications any longer… Heh, here I was worried you guys just weren’t meeting lately :stuck_out_tongue: I really need to keep up-to-date here!

Chameleonice
Malcolm
XBox Live: Chameleonice
Fort Wayne

Good luck to you guys if you go to that tournament! Three hours is a bit of a far trip for me with working the next morning.

crono_marle
Tim
Xbox LIVE and Miiverse - Crono37
Brook, Indiana

Everyone: Our family purchased the Wii U the other day. I didn’t know if anyone else had one yet so I thought I would tell you what I think about the system.

So far, I very impressed with the online service Nintendo has setup called Miiverse. Think of Miiverse as a Facebook-type community. The communities are separated into the actual games or apps you can purchase/use for the system. You can interact with anyone quite easily and the videochat is very similar to Skype. I really hope the next Xbox has something similar for their online service.

The game I got with the system was Nintendo Land and, like Wii Sports, it’s composed of numerous mini-games. Several of the games are a lot of fun but others just show what you can do with the controller. I wish the game was playable online because the single player mini-games are rather dull. So, you can probably infer that the multiplayer games are what makes the experience fun.

The controller is pretty neat. It’s sturdy and comfortable to hold. The screen is similar to an I-pad. Some people have complained about the button layout but I haven’t had an issue yet. The controller will work with your TV and cable box (I was shocked that Mediacom was recognized). The battery life is way too short at about four hours but you can charge it while playing. You can step out of the room with the controller, and you’ll still be able to play your game but you won’t be able to go much farther. I’d give it about 40 to 50 feet (NOTE: My house is so funky with stuff like this so that could easily be different for other people).

Right now, I’m looking at the system as an investment. I think the technology is exactly where the future of gaming is headed and I’m hoping that future developers will utilize the features of the system properly.

Oh, if you do happen to buy the system, make sure to turn off the auto-shutdown feature before going online. If not, the system will turn off and you’ll have a shiny, new paper weight instead. LOL - How did they not catch that before launching this!?!?!

Hey everyone, I’m sure most of you are aware of this going on already, but there’s a Smash/LoL event going on this weekend in Fort Wayne (FB event and location is here) . I know not everyone here plays Smash, but I think Brent and Nate mentioned that they were going to bring a laptop for at least some ST action and maybe some of the other people might be able to be coerced to play other stuff as well. So needless to say, I doubt anything else is going on this weekend.

Also I’m going to host at my place on December 15th (the weekend after finals for you IPFW types), if for no other reason than to make Brent and/or Nate burn gas for a change :-P. I have 2 monitors that we can use for games, but I just have a PS3. So it’d be nice if someone brought another console so we could have at least 2 set ups.

Yeah, that’s one of the main reasons why I’m holding off on picking up a WiiU. I really want to wait until they fix all of the issues that I’ve been hearing about. Plus their launch titles weren’t really doing anything for me. They pretty much just consisted of a new Mario title and games I can get or already have on current gen systems. Maybe once the game list becomes more robust, I might pick one up.
Though it is pretty cool to hear about the online service, hopefully Sony and Microsoft are paying attention to that, it’d be nice if a Skype-like chat interface becomes an industry standard.