For the Glory of Helghan - Radec Thread

Meter Levels
-----Lv1: 125
-----Lv2: 200 (325)
-----Lv3: 425 (750)

AP Lost when grabbed
15%

Mobility Options
His surprise grenade attack (d1) makes him backdash. Decent option if want to move while staying defensive.

Attack 1 Moveset
Gun Boot: 1, 1
AP Gain: 10 | 10

Gun Blast: s1
AP Gain: 10 | 30
Causes knockback on second hit.

FSK-7 Fury Combat Knife: u1
AP Gain: 20
Anti-Air, launches opponent on hit

Surprise Grenade: d1
AP Gain: 10
Backdashes when used. Primary usage to setup traps

Double Kick: j.1, 1
AP Gain: 5 | 20
Launches opponent on second hit

VC8 Shotgun Pistol: j.s1
AP Gain: 30
Causes knockback on hit

Air FSK-7 Fury Combat Knife: j.u1
Same properties as grounded version

Air Suprise Grenade: j.d1
AP Gain: 10
Backdash covers half the distance of the grounded version

Attack 2 Moveset
StAA3 Light Machine Gun - 2 (holdable)
AP Gain - 5 | 5 | 5

VC32 Sniper Rifle - s2
AP Gain - 30
Full screen projectile. Causes knockback on hit

LS13 Shotgun - u2
AP Gain - 30
Causes knockback on hit

M327 Grenade Launcher - d2
AP Gain - 20
Launches opponent on hit. Trajectory dependent on Radec position and stage layout

Air StAA3 Light Machine Gun - j.2

Air VC32 Sniper Rifle - j.s2

Air LS13 Shotgun - j.u2

Air M327 Grenade Launcher - j.d2

Attack 3 Moveset
VC21 Bolt Gun - 3
AP Gain - 10 | 20
Sticks explosive on opponents and walls. Explosion causes knockback

TR-X Teslite Grenade - s3
AP Gain - 5
Stuns opponent. Great to use to discourage aerial approach

VC5 Arc Rifle - u3
AP Gain - 5 on each hit
Shoots beam on a 45 degree angle upwards. Locksdown opponent for a short time while giving you freedom of movement.

VC1 Flamethrower - d3
AP Gain - 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5

Air VC21 Bolt Gun - j.3

Air TR-X Teslite Grenade - j.s3

Air VC5 Arc Rifle - j.u3

Air VC1 Flamethrower - j.d3

Throws
Helghan stomp - d throw
Executioner - s throw. Causes knockback
Vicious Assault - u throw - Can be followed up with u2, j, u1 or j.1, 1

Supers
Level 1 - STA-X3 W.A.S.P Launcher - A yellow crosshair appears on screen that you can control. The crosshair will turn red when lock on a target. The missiles fired will track the opponent you lock-on. If not lock-on then the missiles will go in the general direction of the crosshairs placement. Missiles will not phrase through platforms

Level 2 - StA5X Arc Cannon - Shoots a straight wide laser at the opponent(s). Phrases through platforms and pits

Level 3 - StA-X6 Jetpack - Radec gets on his trusty jetpack and jumps into the foreground going into first person shooter mode. Crosshair appears on screen and take out as many opponents as possible.

reserved

reserved

Is it safe to assume that his best supers are his lvl1 and lvl3? Are there any ways to hitconfirm his lvl1?

His lvl1 is great. I haven’t found any good hitconfirms to into it. I usually land it from tech chase or air recovery. I toyed with the idea of s1 being a good hitconform if there’s no wall to bounces off of.

I think you can connect lvl 1 off his stun grenade that he shoots straight in the air though…I am not 100% sure since I don’t play that character

I don’t play Radec too much but f.1 + 1 (the combo that ends w/ gunshot that sends opponents flying) can link into his Level 2 if there is enough space on the stage. (think Hades) Though I’m sure you guys already knew that. Just thought i’d throw it out there.

That I didn’t know…How do ya feel about Radec’s keepaway options compared to other keepaway characters this early in the game’s life like good Cole, Ratchet, Sackboy and Jak?

Sackboy definitely has better keepaway options then Radec. I would love it if Radec had a counter that knocksback, a fan to push people away, and trap that holds opponents in place. Sackboy got better mobility with teleports and jetpack moves. Air control with u.3 and s.3 is what Radec has over those other characters though.

I don’t like Jak’s stuff. You need to be in mid-range for most of it to be effective and Drake is a better character for that. Ratchet got most better options upclose

The only thing I like about Radec is the cloak move he has that he drops grenades because it moves Radec back. I wished that he can control his sniper like Ratchet can but Radec does have a good sniper shot.

Best up throw combo with radec is: Up throw > j.1,j.1>before landing jump again j.1, j.1> Up 1> land jump up2 happens at 1:03
[media=youtube]AA4_ZjssKH8[/media]!

The low ceiling in Stowaways helps keep the opponent low enough for Radec’s j.U+Square to reach but without the stage just do up 2 instead of up 1 and it combos for 80 ap

So I like Radec because of his relatively unique style and easy to acclimate gameplan. I assume that ideally my gameplan is to find a place to camp and build as much AP as I can through Sniper Shots, and really just save his other moves for when they try to attack me up close? It seems a little “cheap” at first but the way I see it what makes a Radec good is how they deal with pressure and get out of it quickly and effectively, and again that attracts me to trying him. Also if I can live with getting 70% of my AP with Jak’s Blaster I should sleep easily with Radec.

What do you do when you get a stage with a dearth of level ground to snipe? How does Radec best build AP there?

My time with him is very limited, but I find that constantly keeping a sticky grenade in the wall behind me is an effective tactic I do not see every Radec doing. It functions a lot like a Claymore/mine in an FPS.

With levels with dearth ground I relay more on the assault rifle, bolt gun, shotgun pistol and grenades (surprise and launcher).

Heads up for those out there who still play radec even thou he is low tier; on stages with no walls u can get better combos then stages with walls because instead of bouncing on the wall ppl just spin in the air so u can get j.f1 x2> j up2 or just combo into lvl 1 super. I really dig this character but he is really lacking…

Low tier in what? Radec is fine in FFA and 2v2

I think when most people say lacking in this game they mean “does not have as many ridiculous options as say, Kratos.”

I believe Radec is very lacking and could serious use a ap buffs to make him…not so lacking imo. We are not going to get the grenades to actually going off when ppl get near them( which would make Radec WAY BETTER) but he could use a little ap buff to the following :
d.1 -10 ap,
d.2 -20 ap,
d3- 30 ap @ point blank (Radec’s worst move by far),
2-15 ap
u.1-20 ap…we all know how hard it is to hit this outside of combos and for it to give only 20…is just meh…
or just let him combo into his lvl 1 outside of no wall combos.

LIttle info to make the post worth something, sniper shots need for supers( ofc u shouldn’t only be using f2 but it’s good to have a idea of what u would need)
Level-1 (150) f2 x5
level-2 (300) f2 x6
level-3 (400) f2 13

I wish the grenade had more hitstun. It barely slows the opponent down when it hits. Flamethrower needs more range and greater pushback

i’d give that title to d2

d2 sucks dick and i suck dick for even thinking of using it

why am i doing geometry and physics in a video game

I would have to disagree with it being his worst move because d2 is all about creativity; its your if i make this grenade bounce off this then it should land here, if my partner is in trouble below me etc. Don’t get me wrong i’m doing very good with him just would see him being a better character (compared to the cast) if he could combo into his lvl 1 or if the moves i listed above built more ap