Filia Thread: My BFF And I Are Stuck Like Glue

[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=impact]Filia Thread[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]

http://skullgirls.com/wp-content/themes/skullgirls/images/characters/filia.png

[/FONT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Taken from Skullgirls.com:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica](Conversions from Customary System to Metric System was done by me)[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT]Biography:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Filia was once just an average schoolgirl, but one day woke up without any memories and a second mouth on the back of her head. She was now playing host to a Parasite named Samson, an unruly mop of demonic hair with incredible power.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]With no memories or anyone to turn to for help, if she ever hopes to piece together her past and survive the inevitable clash with the Skullgirl, Filia will need to trust this mysterious being.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Essential Data:[/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]**Age: **16[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Birthday: March 18[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Bloodtype: AB[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Height: 5’4 (1.63 m)[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Weight: 142 lbs (64.41 kgs)[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Measurements: 34C-26-39[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Likes:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Eating, Coffee, Milkshakes, Reading and learning, Radio dramas, Comics, Romance novels, Dogs[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Dislikes:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Samson’s bluffing and gambling, Seeing innocents get hurt, Hair getting tangled, Being lied to, Getting drunk when Samson drinks[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Additional Information:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Voiced by:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT]Filia:[/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]

http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/ba40e0f2efca04f4728ad889cbf119ed1309285964_full.jpg

[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Christine Marie Cabanos[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Samson:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4/40788/1699849-060129_samson01_thumb.gif

[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]<Placeholder Until I Get A Picture>[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Del Stetson[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Character Trailer:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica][media=youtube]ayrRNSqRr1Q[/media][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Evo 2011 Panel:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Starts at 9:05, ends in the following video[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica][media=youtube]XDB_2esh2Do[/media][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Starts at the beginning, ends at 0:45[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica][media=youtube]emXlAD0oSUg[/media][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]The panel finally covers Filia. Even though the portion with her is a bit short there is not much you need to know about this thigh high wearing heroine. As Mike will show you she’s hear to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and she’s all out of bubblegum.[/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=Helvetica]http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/toptiergaming-channel_header_image-4755aacabc9f4577-640x125.png[/FONT]

This stream site (led by myself) has many streams of Skullgirls going over the whole cast of characters. We have sessions with players being pitted against each other and even have segments where the stream monsters can ask for me to try specific things out in the game and I try them as well as try to build on them. There are many archived videos of the game on there as well. Please view for your pleasure and don’t forget to follow up and favorite the stream.

[FONT=Helvetica]Character Description:[/FONT]

Fillia is a very versatile character. If you had to compare her to any other character in fighting games I would say she played like Magneto. She is very fast and seems that she will heavily rely on rush down. She has plenty of mixups and will be preforming a lot of resets. She also has an air dash that works in her advantage. She is a hard character to get off of you since even with pushblocking the pressure is pretty insane. When uses the dash feature on the ground she actually dashes for a second then turns that in to a run, one that would probably resemble KOF. So far she is the only character I have used that has a pretty spot on wave dash as well. She is definitely going to be on any MvC2 players team since she really will be “Holdin’ dat shit”.

[FONT=Helvetica]Move List:[/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Ok, so I thought of something to do after I created the Cerebella thread (‘cause I’m a fuckin’ idiot) so that you could understand the character a little better. Since I probably know more about this game then probably 99% of the people that post on these boards I believe I should share it with you guys. This will help stop any questions that should be coming up or have come up that should not be asked again. So in the Cerebella thread I posted how much knock back, stun, and range moves have but just saying things like “decent” or “ok” are kind of vague. I’ve decided to include a legend as a visual aid along with a number/ rating system to help you all better understand the moves in their entirety. So here are the legends:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Knock back Legend:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]**

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4011/sgkb.png

**[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]As you can see from this I have designated spots and ranges a character can be knocked back by a move. 1 being the shortest 5 being the farthest.[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Range Legend:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]**

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7748/sgrl.png

**[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]This should give you an understanding of the range of the moves that are executed by the character. 1 being the shortest range 5 being the longest range.[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Stun Legend:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]This will actually not have a picture since I can’t show you how much stun a character has unfotunately. I will just have to explain it and base a legend off of it. 1 would be the shortest amount of stun from a move, this would not be noticeable at all and would need to be comboed in to quickly after the move, 3 would be something with average stun where you could step forward a bit or dash in to gain ground to continue the combo, and 5 would be something that had so much stun you would be able to reposition yourself and execute a following move that had long start up.[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Predetermined Assist Moves:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST=1]
[]DP+LP: Updo
[
]QCF+MP: Ringlet Spike
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Normals:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]s.LP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - Turns her head around and Samson shoots out a bit in a form of the lower blade of scissors. If you press the button again Samson takes the top blade and swings it downward closing the scissors.
[
]Knock back - 1
[]Range - 2
[
]Stun - 1
[]Additional Information - Can be comboed in to itself once for 2 hits.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]cr.LP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - Puts one hand on the floor and Samson extends himself out in the form of a comb.
[]Knock back - 1
[
]Range - 2
[]Stun - 1
[
]Additional Information - Can be comboed in to itself once for 2 hits.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]j.LP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - Samson swings downward in the form of a straight razor.
[
]Knock back - 1
[]Range - 2
[
]Stun - 1
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]s.MP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - She extends her arm out and Samson goes along the underside of her arm coming out in the palm area in the form of a dragons mouth in an open mouth position and finally closing down showing its massive teeth.
[
]Knock back - 2
[]Range - 3
[
]Stun - 2
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]cr.MP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - Bends down forward and whips her hair upward and back while her eyes are closed looking glamorous (reference to Millia from GG).
[
]Knock back - 2
[]Range - 2
[
]Stun - 4
[]Additional Information - Used as a launcher.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]j.MP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - She puts her arm out to the side and Samson turns into a chain saw blade form pointing at a down forward position.
[]Knock back - 0
[
]Range - 2
[]Stun - 1
[
]Additional Information - Hits for a maximum of 6 hits.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]s.HP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - Puts her arms down by her sides with palms facing the ground, puts her legs together in kind of a clumsy stance with a innocent look on her face, and grows two pig tails. Samson turns in to a giant pair of pincers and snaps them shut upwards.
[
]Knock back - 3
[]Range - 2
[
]Stun - 4
[]Additional Information - Lot of aerial range. Used as a launcher.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]cr.HP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - Puts both hands on the floor in a pouncing style motion. Samson turns in to a giant scorpion tail and strikes.
[]Knock back - 2
[
]Range - 5
[]Stun - 2
[
]Additional Information - Probably her furthest reaching ground normal.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]j.HP:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - She leans forward and Samson turns in to a plethora of miscellaneous sharp objects.
[
]Knock back - 2
[]Range - 3
[
]Stun - 2
[]Additional Information: The objects include:
[LIST]
[
]A Fork
[]Hand Holding a Sword
[
]A Cleaver
[]A Corkscrew
[
]A Single Sided Jagged Spear
[]A Staff that Twists with Horns on the End of it
[
]Scissors
[]A Comb
[
]Double Sided Spear
[]A Spoon
[
]A Banana
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]s.LK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - Balances on her back leg and puts her far arm back and upward. She then kicks the opp in the face.
[
]Knock back - 1
[]Range -2
[
]Stun -1
[]Additional Information - She advances forward with every input.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]cr.LK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - Puts one arm on the ground and extends her leg across the ground sliding it forward.
[]Knock back - 1
[
]Range - 2
[]Stun - 1
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]j.LK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - Brings one arm up to her head and extends the other outward then brings one leg in and extends the other outward at an upward angle.
[]Knock back - 1
[
]Range - 1
[]Stun - 1
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]s.MK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - Samson faces backwards, puts his arm out, puts a foot down to balance Filia as he kicks backwards raising one of Filia’s legs at a circular angle upward. Filia puts one arm back in sync with Samson’s arm and bends her far leg upwards.
[]Knock back - 2
[
]Range - 3
[]Stun - 2
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]cr.MK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - She faces backwards with her arms behind her holding her hair and looks at the screen with an innocent look. Samson gets a hind leg and a tail on one end and turns in to a sort of spinning drill.
[]Knock back - 1
[
]Range - 4
[]Stun - 2
[
]Additional Information - Hits for a total of 5 hits.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]j.MK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - Samson turns in to a sort of praying mantis with his head sticking out above Filia’s head and his arms bent towards the sides. Filia kicks then Samson chops down with his dragon mouth. Both at a downward angle.
[
]Knock back - 1, 1
[]Range - 2, 3
[
]Stun - 1, 1
[]Additional Information - The dragon mouth from Samson is a follow up to Filia’s kick except you don’t need to press the button again to do it. The move will seem like it is giving a knock back of almost 3 but in actuality it is only a 1. Reason is because if you make contact with either part of the move it pushes Filia backwards. If no contact is made she stays in place. The dragon mouth part of the attack is probably her furthest reaching aerial normal.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]s.HK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - Samson grows kind of a horse’s/ dog’s head, horse ears, and horse legs. He uses those as Filia’s hind legs and pushes her forward. Filia puts her arms out to the side and her legs straight out.
[]Knock back - 5
[
]Range - 5
[]Stun - 5
[
]Additional Information - When she performs this move and she is on the hind legs of the horse she slides forward about 20% of the screen. The move knocks down the opponent.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]cr.HK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - Samson turns in to a sort of automobile with a elongated tire in the back that spins and a spiked front with a rest right behind the spike portion that looks like a gas pedal. Fillia bends her far leg in and stretches the other leg straight out resting it on the gas pedal.
[
]Knock back - 3
[]Range - 5
[
]Stun - 5
[]Additional Information - When she activates this move she slides across the stage about 20%.
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]j.HK:[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[
]Description - Samson turns in to a huge pair of scissors. Filia points her legs outward and puts her arms behind her to grab the handles of the scissors and bring them upward above her head closing them downward.
[]Knock back - 1
[
]Range - 1
[]Stun - 2
[
]Additional Information - When the move is executed it keeps her in the air for a split second longer. Move is used to knock down aerial opps.
[/LIST]
[FONT=Helvetica]Grab:[/FONT]
[LIST]
[]Description - Samson turns in to a huge octopus and uses his tentacles to bring the opp in and squeeze them against Filia. Filia in return makes a uncomfortable face.
[
]Knock back - 4
[]Range - 1
[
]Stun - 4
[/LIST]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]Specials:[/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica]QCF+P: Ringlet Spike[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Description - She lies down on the ground with a bored look on her face resting her head on her hands. Samson turns into a type of drill and comes out of the ground (Eddie drill reference from GG).
[
]Knock back - 3
[]Range - 1 (from where it appears)
[
]Stun - 4
[]Additional Information - Depending on which punch input you strike a different Ringlet Spike will appear.
[LIST]
[
]LP - Right in front of Filia
[]MP - 25% screen’s length ahead of Filia
[
]HP - 50% screen’s length ahead of Filia
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
DP+P: Updo
[LIST]
[]Description - Samson whips a tail backward and opens his mouth wide. The whip of the tail sends Filia flying in the air. She then does a back flip in the air and falls with Samson’s closed mouth hitting the floor first.
[
]Knock back - 2, 2, 3
[]Range - 2, 2, 2
[
]Stun - 3, 4, 4
[]Additional Information - Depending on which punch you strike a different Updo will be activated, each one advances her 5% across the screen, and each one has a different height it travels. The numbers listed above in the knock back, range, and stun categories are from LP, MP, and HP in that order.
[LIST]
[
]LP - Lowest height
[]MP - Medium height
[
]HP - Highest height
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
QCB+K: Hairball
[LIST]
[]Description - Filia does a somersault forward and Samson encapsulates her in a sharp spinning ball (Sonic the Hedgehog Spin reference).
[
]Knock back - 3, 3, 4
[]Range - 3, 4, 5
[
]Stun - 3, 3, 4
[]Additional Information - Depending on which kick you strike a different Hairball will be activated, each one sends her a different distance across the screen and does a different number of hits. The numbers listed above in the knock back, range, and stun categories are from LP, MP, and HP in that order.
[LIST]
[
]LK - 3 hits, Advances 10% of the screen
[]MK - 4 hits, Advances 25% of the screen
[
]HK - 6 hits, Advances 50% of the screen
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
j.QCB+K:
[LIST]
[]Description - Filia does a somersault forward and Samson encapsulates her in a sharp spinning ball (Sonic the Hedgehog Spin reference).
[
]Knock back - 4 (from starting position)
[]Range - 5
[
]Stun - 3
[]Additional Information - Depending on which kick you strike a different Hairball will be activated, unlike the ground versions the aerial versions all advance 25% of the screen and all do 4 hits. They all have different trajectories though.
[LIST]
[
]LK - Travels diagonal upward
[]MK - Travels straight
[
]HK - Travels diagonal downward
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
Supers:

Lv1:

QCB+2K: Roach Coach
[LIST]
[]Description - Samson turns in to a cockroach hastily speeding across the floor hitting the opp for 5 hits.
[
]Knock back - 0
[]Range - 5
[
]Stun - 5
[]Additional Information - Pretty good super since it is really fast. Advances the whole screen. Reason I put “0” for the knock back is because the 5th hit sends them flying behind Filia and wall bounces them to come back to the exact same spot they were just at. Can also be done in the air.
[/LIST]
DP+2P: Open Wide
[LIST]
[
]Description - Samson whips a tail backward and opens his mouth wide. The whip of the tail sends Filia flying in the air hitting the opp for 8 hits. Samson then opens the mouth wider as Filia sits on top holding on like shes riding on top of it. Samson closes the mouth for one hit and it turns into a wolf’s head that careens towards the ground at a downward angle taking the opp with them and hits the ground for the last hit.
[]Knock back - 5 (from starting position)
[
]Range - 2
[]Stun - 4
[
]Additional Information - She seems to advance quite a bit during the part where she’s riding Samson’s wolf head downward. Probably about 50% screen length.
[/LIST]
Lv3:

QCB+2P: Omega Samson
[LIST]
[]Description - Filia bends down and puts a hand on the ground and extends the other arm back. Samson grows to his true form and opens his mouth wide releasing a somewhat hair ball that is made up of skulls, teeth, and horns that travels at an upward angle.
[
]Knock back - 5
[]Range - 5
[
]Stun - 5
[*]Additional Information - Only hits aerial opps.
[/LIST]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]-Tha Hindu[/FONT][/FONT]

Others:

Tag In:
[LIST]
[]Description - Comes in with a kick at downward angle like in MvC2. Samson looks to be in a form of some type of insect. His two tentacle like spiked arms are held at either side.
[
]Knock back - 5
[]Range - 5
[
]Stun - 5
[/LIST]
Snap Back:
[LIST]
[]Description - Spins her head around and Samson grows some jagged long teeth like of a blade of a saw.
[
]Knock back - 5
[]Range - 3
[
]Stun - 5
[/LIST]
-Tha Hindu

Filia thread is best thread imo.

You gonna copy the list of normals and specials from DL or…

More like hopefully Monday… haha, jk, looking forward to this thread.

Started work on it. I’m in class right now. Once I get home I can hopefully put in like 6 hours and get this one done and situated.

-Tha Hindu

Good stuff, can’t wait ;o

Finally done, enjoy.

-Tha Hindu

I was wondering if you could change the name of Roach Coach to Transform! or Metamorphosis(Samson says that). I mean all it is is Samson making her look like a butterfly and charging across the screen.

DP super is called Fenfir, btw. Amazing on all other accounts.

Roach Coach can also be done in the air

I just put random names in here. None of the names are finalized yet for any characters. Once I get a finalized list all the names will be changed to their respected official ones.

Doh. Thanks for catching that, I’ll add it in now.

-Tha Hindu

I like this character. She’s a short stubby girl who somehow has the speed and mix-up game of Zero. Very un-cliche!

I hate how no one posts in here. :frowning:
Anyway I got a rare picture of Filia in a hat. :smiley:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/

%20%20%20In%20a%20blog%20I%20skimmed%20way%20back%20in%20december%20of%20last%20year,%20I%20remember%20reading%20that%20in%20the%20original%20gameplan%20from%20Capcom%20was%20to%20give%20the%20Collector%27s%20Edition%20Purchasers%20Shuma%20and%20Jill%20%20two%20%20weeks%20early.%20But%20Since%20Marvel%20didnt%20want%20Shuma%20around%20in%20the%20first%20place%20and%20in%20conjunction%20with%20the%20fact%20that%20Mystic%20Smash%20L%20and%20H%20caused%20a%20random%20glitch%20where%20Shuma%20would%20be%20stuck%20in%20a%20spinning%20animation%20on%20the%20opponent%20indefinitely,%20%20Capcom.decided%20to%20hold%20off%20on%20releasing%20the%20two%20early.%20%20Anyway%20since%20the%20source%20was%20not%20official,%20I%20can%27t%20take%20it%20as%20100%%20fact.%20But%20it%20seems%20logical%20though.%20Give%20the%20players%20who%20pre-ordered%20early%20access%20to%20a%20few%20characters%20for%20awhile.

Eh, its just because we don’t have anything to talk about. Filia’s pretty straight-forward. >_>

What’s the purpose of her lvl 3?

when they game comes out im sure this thread will come back to life

she will be amazing btw ;p

Yeah, she’s amazing…

Spoiler

Amazingly chubby!

You got that right XD

You guys saying she is chubby are weird…they’re just exaggerated hips and thighs.

Besides combos, it really just looks like a giant DP that you can combo from. But it will find some use in this game since you can dhc from level 3’s.

You can cancel into lvl 3 (official name = Trichobezoar) off of Updo for huge damage and maybe a combo after, but you can’t really combo into the DP and make it work like that very easily. The Updo is always only one hit and gets off the ground pretty fast so you’ll probably want to try it in reversal situations where the opponent is right on top of you. The lvl 3 is one high damage hit too, so maybe that means something for damage scaling.

Updo, air Gergor Samson always works for DP into super into combo fanciness if you don’t have 3 meters.

Cerebella’s Ultimate Showstopper dhc to Filia lvl 3 works but it might only be possible if you skip the last hit, most damaging hit of the Ultimate Showstopper. Worth testing!