Favorite KOF boss?

Mine’s Rugal, my favorite form is from CVS2. God Rugal… holy shit. Just an unstoppable madman, but so awesome to fight him. His 98 incarnation runs a close second.

rugal 2k2 or rugal 2k2um :lovin:

the one i hate the most is magaki… :arazz:

[level8]

I would say

Krizalid gave me a hard time, and his fight music is awesome :rock:

Technically I can say Kain. That tourney was technically a KOF so I’m good.

Kain, and God Rugal.

Nightmares for weeks.

well, i cant even beat him at single play…man to me he’s like a wall to me (same as goenitz but he’s more easy to beat)…but magaki…man…i can beat him only at level1 of difficulty :sweat:

No one mentioned Igniz yet? Seriously?

I had an easy time with him using Clark. Just play with some restraint. Roll dodge effectively thru his orbs and flames and get in between where he stops using orbs, but can’t use his fireworks attack. He’ll start using normals, so hit him hard then.

People have a favorite boss?!

All those cheap mofos and someone actually likes some of them?

Mukai from 2003 is about the only one I can fully respect and wasn’t stupidly cheap and his jacking of other characters’ specials was less blatant. I would love to see him again, but I can’t help but think it will be a long time before I see him as a playable character in a KOF game.

Goenitz and Zero from 2000 do deserve a shout out though.

Krizalid for me, and I was extremely disappointed at how his 02 UM ver. turned out ;_;

For overall design. Krizalid. He just had a lot of character and wished he would’ve became a normal character (Especially when his clone debuted in 2k1)

I have to give the biggest props for Goenitz. First boss to say FUCK THIS GAME to. His music is good, his background stage is great, really cemented the threat this guy gave.

Zero is memorable to me, so is Rugal for being hard. i think krizalid is like zero right? or is it igniz that’s like zero, i’m not sure.

Igniz with that cape.

Omega Rugal from '98 IMHO is the best, with Goenitz and Clone Zero close runners up. SNK usually does a pretty good job with it’s bosses/mid-bosses (I’m talking design/aesthetics here, not game balance), except for Mukai who was just shitty all round.

Ah hell no. No way Mukai was all around shitty. Sure he was more or less like Ash and several post 2k2 characters a mix mash of previous sprites (shout out to Goodman) and more simpler then every KOF boss that came before him, but that is what made him great.

Simple look, simple power but all fucking business. He didn’t even have to be super cheap. Mukai would make for a great sub-boss in a future installment of series and you wouldn’t even have to tone him down that much to make him playable.

Give me Krizalid. Haven’t played 2002UM so I can’t speak on that. However, I too, wish that they would balance him out an make him a normal character.

For a sub-boss, I like Shion. Also wish they would balance him out and make him a normal. Too bad she is a he…

I do like a couple KOF bosses. First, I like Rugal. I mean come on, how could you not like Rugal. I love his CvS2 God Rugal, 98/UM Omega, and 2002/UM selfs the most.

Goenitz is just one bad mofo. The beard just makes me lol all the time. Plus using wind is just cool.

Krizalid is really cool, he is just the complete package. “Can’t touch this!”, lol!

Igniz is a boss that knows how to f you up, especially his SDM doing 75%-more damage.

Mukai is just awesome. Sure he is simple, but he is great.

Goenitz and Geese if he counts…

Krizalid, Igniz, Rugal, Adelheid, Goenitz, Zero (Original). I dont like the weird looking bosses like Orochi, Mukai, or Magaki. Clone Zero can eat suck a dick, I hate that Ned Flanders looking ass mother fucker.