Fast Fly/Unfly combos

Im sorry i forgot something after the launch, you lp,lk fastfly, lk,lk rp, throw…then do the rest, man good catch, I bet i looked like a serious scrub with that post:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Well I usually don’t call someone a scrub from their posts, but I looked at the combo and was like “how the hell did you connect 2 lk’s after rp without flyscreen occuring”. I honestly thought it was possible for a moment…maybe it is…hmmm…I’ll be back.

Oh and HawaiianRyan66 - Thanks for telling me when to add the assist to the combo. I was putting it the my unfly motion instead of with the last lk. I get it 90 percent in the corner. I’ve gotten the combo to work in the open up to the c. fp (on cable in traning mode). For some reason the rp won’t connect, probably because of the distance.

My goal with Sent is to find a way to do air combos into HSF with mag assist. I’m still trying.:smiley:

Re: Wow I did’nt know My Man could be so flashy

Yeah, I am from St. Louis :cool:

Man I would really like to finaly attend one of these tournaments
and see skillz, as well as show some, but a I don’t know where it is going to be held at, let alone how’ed I get there:lol:

Any of you people ever played at the St. Louis Mall Northwest plaza recently or at all??? This is the closest I have ever came to a tournament, back in the day (well a year or so back) they use to get krump on them Marvel vs. Capcom machines…man, them were the dayz’ :lol:

<HOLLA>

I know you’ve all heard this question before but i’m really frustrated so here it is: How the hell do you master sentinels fast fly combo? I ca’nt seem to get it down. Is it easier to do lp,lp fly or lk fly or lk,lk fly? Does anybody have a video with the timing? Ireally want to get this combo down.

practice. it seems hard at first, but after while it becomes second nature and you will get it every time.

to do rowtron combo you have to unfly+mag. at the very least you have to call mag before you press short, or mag won’t be out in time to hit them after you fp them down.

Re: Re: Wow I did’nt know My Man could be so flashy

yo, i’m from STL. sorta. you should start postin here:
http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20762

if you play at NWP, you should know or heard of the name of “Big Rex”. if you can, come to Mid Rivers on friday. also, about the tourney, i’ll tell you all about it when we meet in person.

let the truth be heard

truth.com

Every match vid with sentinel in it has the timing. Just watch carfuly.

If you want a visual cue, watch when the flames from the flying activate and do it.

What’s the strongest fast fly combo that Sentinel has that can be done anywhere… that’s also reliable? I am trying to improve my Sentinel’s game for a tourney this Saturday. Thanks much apperciated.

B&B shit
lk fly lk fryin pan into assist RP…u kno tha deal…

Can someone help me out on this?
I can do the fast fly combo… launch, lk, fly, tap, lk, lp rocketpunch. that part is easy… but after the rocket punch when I try to go to lk, lk rocket punch again they always block. I tried to figure it out… spacing, delaying/speeding up the lks. Still nothing will link… can someone give me a clue on this?

Re: Re: Re: Wow I did’nt know My Man could be so flashy

So how serious are my fellow Missouri pepes. I’ll probaly miss the tournament but I’ll catch you all at some other time. I’m always up fo meetin some new folks who are as serious as I am bout fighten games and kickin a** with no mercy (actually I do show some mercy, my weakness:bluu: ). I’m getin kinda bored with Aladdin’s Castle at the St. Louis Center and Northwest Plaza’s F**cked up arcade machines.:mad:

P.S.

Who is this Big Rex character, I must find out. Soundz like he might be hella tight…

and also how far is Mid Rivers mall from Northwest Plaza. I am from St. Louis, but I relocated to Cali when I was about 7 years old and just moved back a few year’s ago… so 'scuse me if I sound a little ingnorant.

Lata:)

Hey Carnevil…

Who are them to chicks you have in that picture under your name. They seem mad cool, and how do you insert them pictures there because I want to look tight too when I post.:smiley: :evil:

Which direction you tap during flying WILL affect the combo

It’s true. And if you’ve played Sentinel and use this trick, you’ve probably missed a few combos because of it. For example, you do the regular launch, sj.LK, fly, sj.LK+Commando, sj.FP, Rocket Punch. Normally, in any midscreen fly combo, i will tap the top half of the joystick (B,UB,U,UF,F) and not have a problem connecting. Now, if you apply this concept to the corner, it’s not the same. If you tap the F or UF direction (UF’s a maybe sometimes) you’ll see that Commando will not hit, because the Corridor’s off screen. Some of the unusual properties of fly combos (assist placement will vary depending on where you tap the direction).

Another example would be just doing a regular launch, sj.LK, fly, sj.LK, sj.LK, Rocket punch. Direction choice will affect the combo. If you choose to do either B or UB, the Rocket Punch will connect no problem. Now, if you tap either U, UF, or F, the sj.LK, sj.LK, Rocket Punch WILL not hit (the Rocket Punch will miss), so in this case, you can still tap U, UF, or F, simply change the sj.LK, sj.LK to sj.LK, sj.LP, Rocket Punch. It’ll hit no problem.

And cut the matchmaking shit, there’s a forum for that.

Which direction you tap during flying WILL affect the combo

“And cut the matchmaking shit…”

Was that ment for me?:lol: Chill man. Aint 'tentionly tryin to take this forum anywhere beyond Sent. No need for the misplaced anger GB.:mad: :lol:

BTW When you do these fast fly combos with Sent and an assist, do you use a console game pad or do you actualy pull these combos off at the arcade. Because I have a serious problem with pressing the lk. or lp. buttons at the same time pressing an assist button during a combo at the arcade, the buttons are just too far apart for me to do this effectively. :bluu: Maybe my hands are too small or somthin. Any pointers on how to overcome this promblem. Any input would be apreciated.

Holla^:cool:

Re: Which direction you tap during flying WILL affect the combo

try using your thumb on lk and your ring finger on the assist, i find this to be most comfortable and you don’t have to move your hands much at all… it should work for anyone regardless of hand size

Re: Re: Which direction you tap during flying WILL affect the combo

Thanx Wildcat, I’ll see if I can get this method to work for me as soon as I can get to the 'cade.

hey maybe you guys can help me out. I just pic up sent, and i know of the Row tron combo, with mags assist then rocket punch HSF. Well i wanted to know how many people just air dash then FK launcher instead of HSF. I did it messing around and was not sure. Both combos kill, but the air dash FK is pure flash.

Re: Which direction you tap during flying WILL affect the combo

Juliahoe - I personaly think the HSF is flashier. But if their about to die i’d save the levels and go for the re-launch.

dunno this is prolly old but was just messing around and kinda strung this one together

crouching lk, lp, mp, fly, lk, fk, mag-A, lp rocket punch, (mag hits), hp rocket punch

pretty damaging good if you start nailing the combo and got no meter or only one bar you don’t wanna waste