Fargo/Moorhead - Free since Alpha 3

Hey. Just thought I would reach out and try to find any players out there and let them know what is going down in town. There are a few of us who get together and throw down every Monday night around 7pm. We meet at my place and it is an open house. Bring a friend and a stick, we are trying to level ourselves up.

There is a facebook group. Fargo Moorhead 2d Fighters. Get at me. My name is Adam. My Phone number is seven oh one, eight six six, six five two six. Txt me, call me. Always down for casuals. Working on getting a round robin tournament together in 3 weeks. Anyone out there?

Hey man, I live in Fargo, but I really only play HD Remix… Did you guys only play Alpha 3?

Oh, and I play on PS3…

I just made a new thread earlier today without seeing this one; glad to touch base with some other folks in the area.

I run with a small group that meets up on Sundays (generally in the afternoons), and primarily play SSFIV, but we also enjoy some occasional 3s and ST (via HD Remix). Since you guys have a Monday night get-together going, it would be nice to try to see how big of a player pool we can gather for each day.

We're always looking for more comp, so please hit this thread up if you're from the area (or just passing through).  We're far from being pro, but we're definitely looking to get better and expand our horizons beyond the small group of core players that we have. 

As far as the tourney goes, I’m sure I’ll be down, and most likely know a few others as well, so keep the thread updated with any extra details.

manux, I would be down for an HDR tourney when I get back in Fargo in December…

It looks like the tourney that Alcahawk is looking to run will be for SSFIV, but my group will be around when you get back into town, so keep in touch through the thread and we can see about getting together to get some games in. We don’t play a TON of HDR, but we do dabble in it, and it’s always fun to play against some different comp.

Yeah that’s cool. I should probably pick up SSFIV one of these days anyways.

For sure, it’s a good game. I was pretty hesitant at first, and totally avoided playing vanilla when SF4 was first released, as I was still pretty stuck on 3s. Now that I’ve taken the plunge, I’m really enjoying it, and I’m sure you’ll do the same : )

The small group that I play with is planning to get together tomorrow afternoon to play some SSF4 and probably watch some of the Season’s Beatings stream as well. Hit me up in this thread if anyone else is interested in attending and I’ll provide some contact info/directions and whatnot.

Hey, I’m from Fergus Falls. I run on XBL however.

(1 hr eastward)

I’m always looking for some competition. Shoot me a message at imattdesigns@live.com if you guys have any tournaments/casuals going on.

Alcahawk, you guys planning to play tonight? If you are, let me know where you guys are playing, I’d love to join up and get some casuals in.

Yeah, we’re getting together tonight. You are more than welcome to stop by, bring anyone you like over if they are down for some casuals or a round robin.

hey dude, send me a friend request on XBL, we’ll get some games in online. I just booked the room for a tournament on November 21st at the Red Raven Espresso Parlor in Fargo. We’re gonna play some SSFIV and it should be starting around 2pm. So clear the date!

I am FINALLY checking into the thread here :stuck_out_tongue: Ethan let me know about your thread, so I finally checked it out. I am going to get everyone rounded up that I can for the tournament. James and Josh are going to be there for sure. I will do what I can to get Brygar there as well, but he works nearly every Sunday. I will have to talk to you about running a 3s tournament soon as well. I say we forget it this time around, but we can get something figured out solid for next time. I will run any future 3s tournament myself as well, so you can focus on SSF4. I’d also love to do a ST/HD Remix/AE tournament. We will talk about it at this tourney and get something super solidified for the next tournament you have in mind. I really want to get some more casuals of SSF4 in at this tourney, so just having one game only this time would be nice (it would also help us judge what kind of time we would have available to do other games as well). Keep me posted if you need any equipment, help, etc. for the tourney (I will have a PS3 with all colors and costumes unlocked available, a 20" Component CRT, 13" Component CRT, 1080P Camera to film matches, laptop to edit/upload, etc.). Let me know if you need someone to get insane hyped and nearly get us all kicked out of the Red Raven too :wink:

Hey mike, I would be super happy to use any setup you would be willing to bring. I’m definitely in line with you thinking on running only one game this time, so we can get in some casuals and get warmed up. I felt super drained after running two brackets and trying to play last time, and I fucked up. Still feel bad about that. I’m down to get shit recorded, and getting hype is alright with me. I’ll be in touch with ya as we get closer to the date, let you know what we need specifically. Thanks dudes.

Thanks for the excellent casuals tonight, was a blast! Very much looking forward to the next session, I enjoyed getting some matchup XP against characters I haven’t run into before. Until next time…

if you guys need to get a hold of me add my personal email

m_orcutt3690@hotmail.com

I’m generally on MSN 90% of the time.

(my other is my business email)

I just sent a request over from my personal MSN account. A group of us runs casuals pretty much every Sunday at noon, so if you’re interested in stopping over this weekend just post up and I can get you some directions/contact info and whatnot.

To all that showed up today, thanks for the games, it was good stuff! Matt, you have a pretty beefy Gief, glad you were able to make it down from Fergus, I’m definitely looking forward to more games in the future.

alcahawk, you guys still on for tomorrow night? Keep me posted!

Quality Fights. Gonna have to start working on the rufus matchup a bit more. Might be a threat later on :smiley:

Yeah. I’m not sure if I’ll be down next week, but we’ll see depending on what all happens for halloween.

Casuals today over at srt4Mike’s place; if anyone is interested, just post up here on the thread. We’ll be playing SSF4 and watching the SoCal Regionals live stream as well.

I should have a sample video up today on youtube. I will be recording the finals (and maybe more) at the tourney. Any one have a microphone at all for commentary? If things go well we could try to run an actual stream next time :slight_smile: