Fantasy Strike - easy to execute fighting game

well, it is a fighting game B)

At least Smash has crouching.

This is hardly a fighting game.
This is on the level of ironic joke games like Divekick and Senor Footsies.

Exactly. And just like those games, itā€™s not something Iā€™d pay money for.

In fact maybe that should be the name of this new subgenre

Canā€™t wait for GigaMaidens, it will break the mold of what fighting games are.
#postlikeAffinity

No it wonā€™t itā€™ll be gross shit for weebs

agree with you about 100% except I wonā€™t say Trajes Fatais was the only game to get it 100%. Iā€™m still saying phantom breaker Extra was fist game to it down to a T. However Trajes Fatais accomplishes alot. I think the game only need minor tweeks inr egards to the system. I already mention How I feel throws in Trajes Fatais are really underwhelming (outside of Lucyb/Chris B).

Regarding Fantasy strike, I think they need to not advertise their game being simple when its wholly inaccurate. Command input may be simple but how the game function isnā€™t

Except that it is. At their purest level, fighting games are simply a real-time hybrid of chess (space control) and rock, paper, scissors (block beats attack beats throw beats block). Fantasy Strike focuses exactly on that.

Last I checked, thereā€™s no high-low blocking in Smash either. Itā€™s not like you can crouch with Mario and then sweep a Luigi whoā€™s blocking high.

Block pressure makes shields smaller in Smash. That opens up high/low mixups and crossups.

Still not the same thing since blocking still isnā€™t tied to directions or height.

Once your shield shrinks it is. You can hit people around the shield and you need to maneuver the shield to defend yourself. Typically though shielding is seen as disadvantageous in Smash for a number of reasons so you very rarely see shield being used. Itā€™s more common in Smash 4 but still pretty uncommon.

Hmmā€¦ actually didnā€™t know that. But then again, I donā€™t follow competitive Smash.

I like this enough that I would like to play it when itā€™s further along in development.

I like the Yomi characters, so seeing them in an actual fighting game makes me happy.

Like I said there are some titles that have done the button reductionist method well with some real good ideas but none have gotten the game 100% right including PB I think Trajais will be the first to get everything right. PB is still a good game tho my favourite of this kind of method is Budokai easily despite what is wrong the game is just too quality and unique in the way its gameplay is.

The problem with fantasy strike is they have based made a straight up 2D fighter but removed factors from the game rather then actually applying button reductionist method well. The attacks and options are very limited but the biggest mistake I can see here is making the style of fighter and no crouch involved. I think I might of already mentioned this in the previous post but taking out huge elements in such a generic style is a big no no I am not feeling the idea of how the throw reverse works either but maybe I would have to try it before deciding it basing something on non inputting sounds bad for various reasons and boring. Like I said this will defo have as huge appeal to casual I dont think its success will be hindred in terms of who actual people who will play it but I am pretty sure it is not guna get the thumbs up from the FG players. Plenty of time to do things differently or who knows may turn out better then it sounds right now. Also the visuals are not bad in this game at all unless there is something I am not seeing either you enjoy the art style or you dont it pretty much looks like league of legends/overwatch/paladins etc as a fighter

Yeah, if you are going to simplify something it has to be because the system benefits from that, or to shift focus to other aspects you will make more complex. You have to compensate in some way with extra options or a different approach.

For example MvC2 ditched two attack buttons, which reduces your attack options, but it makes sense since you get two dedicated assist buttons and the huge array of options that system adds in compensation.

Or the Real Bout series that has a very generous input buffer and kara cancel window that make inputs very easy, but you also get interesting kara techniques and feints due to those changes.

From what Iā€™ve seen so far this just looks like Street Fighter II except that it not only tries to erradicate execution as much as possible, which by itself is a mistake since itā€™s an integral part of the genre and adds depth and variety to it, it also removes a lot of necessary options without a compensation.

That Punch Planet game looks like shit.

I never thought that I would see a fighting game that makes teabagging impossible.

Can I ask that you explained PB desighn flaws? I can only think of them in regards to PB Vanilla and Another codes. Hence why I said PB extra because that game polished its issue.

Crouching in Smash is mainly used to cancel dashes and allow things like sliding Smash attacks. Other than that itā€™s not used for much. It can be used to avoid some projectiles but some characters are simply too large to avoid them.

At least it has a cohesive art style that doesnā€™t look like some CGI studentā€™s first-week homework.