Fantasy Strike - easy to execute fighting game

It looks boring as fuck, combat is as slow as molasses, and they’re still keeping all the stolen shit. Fuck this game.

Sirlin launched the Fig campaign for the game.

[quote=“LiangHuBBB, post:220, topic:176218”]

game looks dope

[/quote]

What’s with the ridiculous amount of hitstop on moves?

Yeah, game seems really slow, and the characters are looking apathetic. Not to mention the copied moves. I must watch some gameplay footage before making any more statements, but I’m not liking what I’m seeing right now.

Why doesn’t this idiot make a card game or some shit?
No inputs, no rush to make your next move, barely any entry barrier aside from learning the rules.
Simplifying fighting games has led to nothing but shit games, on top of that this game’s looks are even worse than KOF14 and MvC:I and that is a feat in itself.

At least they used cell shading to make it look a little less trash, but it still looks like a Playstation 2 title, literally.

Come on, the guy may be a nice person, an amazing Street Fighter player and a cool dude overall, but his idea of game design is clearly misled.

I mean I hope that he gets his stuff financed and there’s people who actually like this, but to me this looks like a burning dumpster fire in both gameplay and visual appeal.

Also honestly what the fuck? Does every big body grappler in every fucking fighting game need a 360 SPD?
Must’ve been 20+ years since I watched pro wrestling the last time, but I remember there being a ton of cool moves like tombstone pile drivers, suplexes and power bombs in like 10 variants, body slams and whatever the fuck you can think of, but damn it’s a fighting game and the dude needs a Gief move!

The reason you think he should make a card game is because this game IS based off a card game he made years ago. So basically he already granted your wish and you should ask him to make something else.

The card game was the start of his dream to introduce people to fighting games that have shitty hands. Now this is his actual video representation of that card game.

He already made a card game. This game is based on some ideas he’s had for a while. Dude is doing a new series altogether, not trying to fuck up SF. We have woshige for that.

Interesting.

Does anyone think he’s going to be able to make this goal? 500k in 45 days at only 6 percent complete so far.

Yomi is actually pretty damn fun.

Yomi was great until Battlecon buttblasted the shit out of his game and concept. Its like Guilty Gear/BlazBlue but as a card game. Also, the thing about “copied movies” is intentional because Yomi/Fantasy Strike was originally supposed to be a card game version of Street Fighter (NOT UFS RELATED!!) and capcom didnt support it so he just took the concepts and characters and basically made his own thing that apes the fundamentals and design of the street fighter concepts. If you dont like it? Oh well. If you want to talk about MORALITY, there was a thread about how sirlin used a fan gamer’s art design (like outright stole) for the PNP version of Puzzle Strike. There was ALOT of stink about that in boardgame geek. I didnt pay much attention to it, I just know there was a bit of a stink about on their forums. And fair being fair, his version of Magic (Codex) is still alot better and more fully realized than most CCGs that use the concept.

As for the Fantasy Strike game itself, Friday Night Fisticuffs made a believer out of me for the concept it was going for. When i first saw it, I thought it looked kinda dumb. It still does, but its supposed to be for fun and the slow speed is because of how the life bar is. This aint supposed to be Marvel or Guilty Gear. This is supposed to be about tactics and fundamentals. Im still excited for it, if for no other reason than because Geiger is the shit, especially in Yomi. Looking forward to it.

You can have strategy without freezing the game for half a second of each hit. SFV is, arguably, one of the most read heavy,tactics, and fundamentals based fighting games out there and yet it doesnt move at a snail’s pace. Slowing down the game to increase tactical play is artificial designing akin to raising the frame delay on SFV. Its purpose could have been accomplished in other ways and overall just leads to an overall less enjoyable experience.

Wait, the hell is Battlecon

This description is arguably the farthest away from what SFV actually is.

Level 99 game’s version of the “fighting game board game” concept that was first introduced with Yomi. This one added a board arena for your fighters (showed as standees) so you can move around in a 2D style space. Spacing matters ALOT in this game and you form attacks by using a character’s “Style” cards mixed with the game’s regular “Base” cards to form your attack. Theres always 2 card combos you cant use and it uses a sort of “conveyor belt” style rotation as use attacks and have to wait for those cards to come back before being used again so you cant spam it and yomi is still very much a thing here since theres a reference card for both players as to each player;s style actually does.

The game is like Guilty Gear/BlazBlue because everyone has the weird and crazy abilities and NOBODY plays exactly alike AT ALL. Games can be rather quick at either 5-30 minutes each depending on how well you know and understand the game. Heres Dice Tower’s review of Devastation of Indines, their best and most popular version, complete with 30 characters for regular fighting, a boss battle mode, a beat’em up style quest mode, arenas with special properties, ex and almighty characters (think Omega style SF4 characters), and a tag mode. Enjoy!

That is, arguably, a good point seeing as I dont play the game.

I can’t believe they still haven’t hired a competent animator to fix the awful animations. I expect better from an established game studio. Hell, I expect better from any video game that costs money.

How many people think the game is terrible after actually playing it?

Is there a demo?

What may prevent me from getting this may be that jump button. If it cant be mapped to UP, Im out.