Fantasy Strike - easy to execute fighting game

It doesn’t mean that at all. It means I misspelled a word. Thats all it means. Way to jump off the deep end you crazy fuck. No one is upset at crybabys like yourself that are too fucking dumb to know what you are talking about.

Uh?

…Wtf are you talking about?

Also, about the whole, stupid, plagiarism “debate” happening back there, this has all already been addressed in a court of law like 26 years ago.

Righting the ship on this one. The depth FS is trying to achieve is the same as what Rising Thunder was trying to achieve, which is making the game more about the tactics and fundamentals of typical fighters and less about the execution. Now whether that interests anyone is another matter. And NO, divekick does NOT fit that description. THAT is an oversimplification of the genre that feels more about the parody than it does about the fighting.

They had tournament at Sirlin’s own con, FSX. Probably the highest level play of the game you can find on video yet. It’s over at their twitch channel.

https://twitch.tv/videos/149499791

this game is actual, real world dog shit.
and so was/is rising thunder.

these are basically mobile games. it’s not interesting or fun for more than a round or two.

the entire concept is so misguided it’s almost farcical.
imagine a shmup which doesn’t require any dexterity.
just watch a fucking anime, it’ll be way more entertaining.

Except the core gameplay of shmups is dexterity + memorization. Fighting games have a whole different level to them, and the point of easy input fighters is to enable all players to reach that enjoyable level.

I don’t particularly like Rising Thunder (the gameplay choices were bland, the cast was boring, and I hated the CD system) and Fantasy Strike looks terrible, but let’s not be sounding like the kid who went on a rant in Rising Thunder now shall we? KI even has what is basically an easy input mode for tournament play now and it’s doing fine and still has plenty of depth.

I understand what it is they`re trying to achieve. I disagree that this is the way to achieve that. Generally speaking, I disagree with Sirlin on what he understands the role of inputs in game design to be.
And I have no comment on divekick either way.

I’m intrigued. I’ll definitely have to check this out.

A Fig pledge & investment campaign is planned for Fantasy Strike now. It will be opening mid-July. So for those who want to get their hands on this but don’t like the patreon monthly subscription thing, there soon will be a way. Plus netcode :slight_smile:

Am I the only one who really wishes they kept the chibi look from Puzzle Strike? Probably. To me, these visuals definitely lack identity.

I got to play the latest build and it’s shaping up well.

I can see why this game might not be your cup of tea but what was wrong with rising thunder? The cooldown system wasnt the best but it was a step in the right direction. It still retained the combos system and control scheme of a regular fighter, didnt it? A lot of peope here are saying it’s bad.

Rising Thunder was essentially SF4 with mechs and easier inputs.

um samurai deeper kyo hasd alot of things going for it but it being imported unfriendly makes it difficult to appreciate it.

for starter they compensate bare bone system with assist. their three way to have them functions. auto, manual, def.
the game sport different control layout and ver but it has simple mode as default.

SDK main issue is that its rule makes some gameplay style busted. for starter time out are always a sudden death mode with unlimited time and only super kills. The run away character become busted as they don’t worry about health values and in sudden death only need unblockable assisst into super. the other problem is super are stupid powerful so character who can build meter fast can exploit this.

i admit samurai deeper kyo did better job combining simple and traditional but sudden death and few characters were just handled properly. i dare say it does better job than fantasy strike because outside its simple controls and sudden death everything else handle like standard fighter. throws were up close and the hard button, blocking was still traditional and ect.

actually, i’m with you. when i heard about the first builds, i imagined them in SD graphics.

sadly, not easy enough. i would rather had easier (or simply shorter) comboes and strings than easier special moves. that effort was half-assed in my opionion. last FS build i played was months ago, but that had real accessibility, i have a total noob friend that grasped a lot of fighting game concepts in a single evening and started challenging me real quick. no other fighting game could have done that.

I didn’t say it was bad, I said it was uneventful. It didn’t rock anyone’s socks off, is all I meant, and no developer followed its lead. I’ll give Fantasy Strike a shot when I have the chance, but I’m not expecting to be blown away or anything.

Sirlin?

I don’t recall seeing an exact same animation of Ryu’s Shin Shoryuken in 500000 other games

game looks dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpakPZJplEk