F.A.N.G. Combo/Tech Thread

YES this is some stuff i have found:

assuming you do cr. mpXX L. bomb

The pushback (with also the additional of fang jumping back a little) makes the combo safe to throw out in many circumstances

Even in the corner, to my surprise, is still safe from MANY normals. I have tested:
Cammy’s cr mk/hk
Ryu’s cr mk/hk
Chun’s cr. hk/mk/mp, st. hp
all vega’s cr.mp/mk/, st lp/hp
lauras st mk, cr hk/mk
all mika normals
^^ cannot punish on block in if you’re in the corner

normals that can punish on block:**
Vega’s ST.MP and CR.hk

In the corner, mpXX L.bomb is MOSTLY safe against fast horizontal special moves including
All Chun specials
Laura’s elbow
all ryu specials
mika’s butt slam
all bison specials
Necalli’s charge rush
^^ cannot punish on block if you’re in the corner

Special moves that can punish on block:
cammy’s lt. spiral arrow(ground)
horizontal supers

I know that cr. mp xx lt lunge is not a true block string
but it appears that cr. mp xx lt bomb is a true block string(cannot 3f reversal in between)
can anyone confirm this?

Fireballs (except ex) are all 13 frame startup -7 on hit. So makes sense. EX is +2 I believe.

Also Combo to L.Bomb is good when you don’t know you are going to hit, but it whiffs at pretty close ranges so not consistent.

The point of that section in the video is that after getting a Crush Counter with cr.HK, you can place a HK.Ryobenda on the ground (which the opponent will have to eat on wake-up unless they have escape options) placing the opponent in block stun and affording you time to attempt a slide-switch mix up with LK/MK/HK-Nikankyaku.

And with a Crush Counter st.HP (1:30 in the video) you can instead attempt a side-switch mix-up, without having to place a Ryobenda, with Nikankyaku.

Caveats with side-switch mix-up using LK.Nikankyaku: If you find yourself crossing-up when performing a LK.Nikankyaku, you might have stepped a little forward during the inputs for LK.Nikankyaku. Practice buffering LK.Nikankyaku inputs so that it comes out just as you recover from Crush Counter cr.HK.

Tested this myself. It goes rather low, and the follow up can be used to punish a st.MK/st.HK.

Coward crouch links into cr.mk on NORMAL hit? I’m completely unable to replicate this. 2 hits or 1?

[edit] would you believe I read that post like 5 times and somehow every time I saw cr.mk?..

st.mk

I think we should talk about the crouch. I really don’t understand when and how to use it,.

Has anyone come up with any good, hit confirmable frame traps with Fang?

I’m getting more and more accustomed to his special moves, normals, and punish combos, but can’t come up with any strong frame traps similar to Ryu and Nash’s. Trying to find more ways to get big, burst damage, but this probably isn’t the character for that kind of stuff :’(

I don’t think he has any good frametraps that lead to big damage, but mostly just block pressure that can be followed up by slide to continue pressure. You can’t really spam this too much either as slide is very punishable when anticipated. I find c.mk into another c.mk xx slide is fairly reliable. The first blocked c.mk puts you at a distance at which the 2nd one might hit twice or only once. If it only hits once it’ll be the 2nd hit and totally safe. If you buffer the slide motion and are at the distance to connect both hits, you’ll get right back in their face for pressure. I think his strength lies in being able to cancel every single move into slide, because he’s not a frametrap kind of guy.

For frame traps, I use c.MK a lot. On counter hit it you can link c.MP, and it’s +2 on block. I feel like I should be trying c.LK after they block this, because if it counter hits I can link c.MP as well.

S.HK I try to s.LP after. Can do s.MK to combo normally, or c.MP if the jab counter hits. If the s.HK counter hits for whatever reason, big damage (for FANG) on s.HP and HP Lunge.

Coward crouch is +2 on block and puts you close to the enemy, and I try to utilize it similarly to c.MK. Most people do not expect such an odd move to be + on block at all, so I get a lot of counter hits. Really recommend trying it out!

hey guys don’t be so quick to Vtrigger on counter hit.:

st. HP(counterhit)-> st.HP(vtrigger)->st.hp XX H.lunge//super

How are you guys using St.HK?

I feel its too slow to start up when close range.

And if I am medium range, I am using ST.MP or CR.MP to poke instead

Usually only on hard knockdown. Love getting a counter hit with it because people think I’m going to grab or something.

If you play with someone long enough that they start to respect your c.MK or coward crouch on block, I sneak in s.HK a bit too. Piling up that gray damage, especially while they’re poisoned, is great.

Hmm might be a bit of a buzzkill here unless I’m missing something.

Instant overhead j.mk seems punishable on hit, just been testing it in training mode with a Nash set to genocide cutter all day err’yday and yeah opponent recovers about the time you reach the top of your jump.

I guess it’s still useful for getting that last sliver of health to finish a match but yeah, not looking like something to use too regularly, especially against anyone who can juggle you.

Are you jumping back with it? Because it works on jump back.

This is true but you have to be riiiiight next to them to do it that way and if it isn’t killing them it just isn’t good risk/reward, and Fang isn’t lacking in gimmicky ways to get hits.

It is definitely good to finish them off though.

aside: Sneaking in a LK.Nikankyaku on reaction to the Counter Hit (and before the next st.HP) will give you more corner push.

Not sure if this is more or not but you can actually late cancel st.hp cc to lk command dash and do this instead

st.hp (cc) xx lp teleport, st.hp (activate) st.rh, cr.mp xx whatever finisher (good time to go for cr.mp xx ex fireball xx command dash reset.

you can even option select the lk teleport so it comes only on crush counter