F.A.N.G. Combo/Tech Thread

Does the actual “crossup” message so up?

It shows up if that is what you are saying. I’ve tested and seems it can only be done in the corner, or at least consistently…
Imo I think its better if you hit J.lk front as it can create some ambiquity in his jump. if planning to crossup in the corner, perhaps it’s best to just use J.HK. you can combo j lk with st. lp

Jump Mk can fuzzy guard, and can hit crouched opponent on immediate neutral jump. Nj.Mk on land to immediate NJ.Mk combos for 4 hits but is kind of a hail Mary since it leaves you completely punishable.

Just tried you can still hit immediate Mk of back jump so that’s safer a little

[quote=“wrrza, post:13, topic:177874”]

This was on the front page but may as well have it here as record:

[/quote]

I don’t get what they are saying at 1:30 about how using mk/hk Slide forces you to use a fireball to combo intp super…He does it from the front and from the back and as far as I can tell it’s the same combo…am I missing something here?

F.A.N.G can combo after his super in certain situations.

It seems you can do it if you cancel c.mp into up ball or v-tigger-hp-poison bomb. Not sure never got it myself but from the videos I’ve seem that seems to work

I was testing coward crouch against some chars reversels. It avoids Karin’s, Mika’s, Laura’s, and Chun-Li’s.

I played some rounds last night and so-happened to crossup the opponent. It was an attempt to chip him out which worked. He blocked the first hit of the super before the animation started. was not meaty- almost at max range perhaps. the poison bomb crossed him up, but can’t remember if it said “crossup”. I believe this to be true because the KO animation moved him in the opposite direction that my ult was moving in.

can you be more specific on which reversals?

That’s a cool mixup trick that makes his CA even more useful than it already is. I suspect that you can even instant overhead before or after the command dash

Not sure what they’re called, but Karin’s EX overhead which isn’t actually an overhead when she EXs it. Mika’s EX clothesline, Laura’s EX elbow (and regular but I don’t think it hits grounded opponents, anyway), and Chun’s EX SBK.

I’ve learned that it will wiff on necallis mp and hp charge rush(lt and ex will still hit and zangiefs charge punch.

Also interesting to note:
any combo ending with lt. P.cloud will separate you and your opponent the farthest. This does not change the damage if you were to use Lt. Lunge.
maximum bnb combo would be st.hk-cr.mp xx lt.cloud (D:173, S:400) and will put you farther away than lunge(if desired)

r.MK, cr.LP, xx LP fireball
cr.MK, cr.LP, xx EX fireball
cr.HP xx HP fireball
st.HK, cr.MP, xx LK Poison ivyBomb
st.HK, cr.MP, xx LP Poison Lunge
j.HP, st.HK, cr.MP xx LK Poison Bomb
j.HP, st.HP xx HP Poison Lunge
j.HK, st.HK, cr.MP xx LK Poison Bomb
j.HP, st.HP xx MK Poison Bomb
j.HP, st.HP xx EX Poison Bomb, EX Poison Lunge
j.HP, cr.HP, xx EX Poison Bomb, EX Poison Bomb
j.MK, cr.LP xx LP Fireball (cross-up)
CC st.HP xx LK evade, st.HP xx V Trigger, st.HP xx EX Poison Bomb, EX Poison Lunge
CC st.HP xx LK evade, st.HP xx HP Poison Lunge xx Critical Art

CC s.HP xx LK evade, st.HP xx V Trigger, st.HK, cr.MP xx LP Poison Lunge xx Critical Art

j.HP, st.HK, cr.MP xx LP Poison Lunge xx Critical Art

Credit to Tyrant

Any cr.LK combos that break 100? 75? He seems to have really bad combo potential from jabs.

unless there’s something I’m missing Fang seems to be punishable ON HIT comboing lights into non-ex fireball :bawling:

What do you guys think about comboing into lk trap/bomb instead of lp lunge? It leaves you further away which sets up zoning better. Matchup dependent maybe? I’ve yet to try it, just a thought I had.

Early Frame data for F.A.N.G. has been posted

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/stats/v1_1/EA1

j.mk, st.mp, st.hk, j.hk may have incorrect values

I use trap more then lunge it’s safe on block and it pushes them back.

2 + 3punches - kick > mk > mp sotoja
about cr lk , after lp sotoja dash and meaty cr lk > 2 mp > lp sotoja you have to start charging just after the dash

https://youtu.be/RvwcDdrc2O8 Fang Poison Drop Juggle Examples (On Necalli’s Reversal)

I’ve been getting so many people with just j.hk whiff and then throw. :bee: Such a weird normal.