EVO2011 Discussion

Man, tough loss against that Gief. Seems like he got lucky with his ultra a few times.

Joon, you should have kara thrown him on wakeup after your multiple jumpback fierces were met by him not doing anything on wakeup.

Was that winners or losers BTW?

Throwing Gief takes some serious balls even more so now in AE with his improved jab SPD. I literally don’t even want to be near Gief anymore. This is what happen to me last night.

FIGHT.
Step kick, gets blocked. SPD’d.
wut? back up back up. fireball fireball, low forward, blocked SPD’d.
um…ok super lame mode activate. fireball fireball fireball fireball UPPERCUT. Repeat that process until I win lol.

no ultra 2 to beat out your uppercut? fuck that buff…

Lol funny thing is, the one time I didn’t anti-air with uppercut he did ultra 2. I think I subconciously noticed his jumping pattern, he didn’t jump with a normal and never did before so I didn’t uppercut and bam ultra2 whiffs for free punish.

I think it’s in Ken’s favor till Gief has U2 avail. Ken’s footsies and nj,MK is tough for Gief to get in on Ken. Against good Gief’s you should not be throwing FB if he has 1 ex bar and in range for a GreenHand. Good players are looking for that and possibly setting you up for U2 shenanigans even if the Greenhand misses.

Joon any reason you liked using U2 in this matchup?

I’m guessing these two things. Get out of jail free card and punish blocked ex.green hands with reversal u2.

Unless he has meter to burn to FADC his green hand

It was nice meeting you too ImagineVC :tup:. It was fun rooting for ya. I’ll have 2 of your matches uploaded tonight.

That’d be SICK if you can make it next year G! I’d accommodate if I could but next year I think I’m rooming it with 7 other people… I was talking to GetTheFruit before EVO about meeting up this year but unfortunately we weren’t able to. Maybe we should have a meet-up with all the Ken players at EVO 2012?

Err…!!! I still taste the salt when I watch it. Like Imagine VC told me after the match, I was taking too much risk by doing 1F Links and meaties on his wake-up. When I was hit confirming with FS. LP > FS. LP @ 6:20, he was churning the butter so hard I heard/saw him shaking in the corner of my eye (he was a pad player). But I was thinking “I got this-” and got punished for trying to get fancy with a Sweep :tdown:.

Possibly.

That was Winner’s. I would’ve played Marn after and that would’ve been sooooo much fun. I did a lot of training against the Twins but I didn’t get to play even one!

I agree. He wasn’t using U2 so I was confident. I like Ken’s U2 against Zangief because if I can punish his whiffed Command Throw after Neutral Jump or Back Dash. But I’m considering using U1 again.

Why didn’t you go to SVB?

I haven’t competed in a tournament since I was 16!!! I’m 33 with a job and a daughter. It’s low on my list of priorities I’m afraid.

But watching EVO online made me consider the trip just for the experience really.

Peace,

G.

yeah that would be awesome if the Ken players could meet up at EVO next year. i learned a lot just watching and chatting with Joon. its one thing to discuss strats with a high level player but its another thing to discuss strats with a high level Ken player. Joon is like a dang encyclopedia, he knew frame data about everything.

joon i’ll upload your other fight later tonight. you’ll probably be happier to see that one haha.

Im thirsty for success.joon share some of that twin technology

Also if u could see him and heer him y u didnt just hold up lol.i thought that was the point in playing the lisining and looking gamet i think i played gtf in turny ggs i didnt like that i had to take a ken army member out kinda wak

I had the time of my life at EVO, saw all the famous people and the hype and all of the good stuff. EVO was my first real tournament so I didn’t even think I can make it out of pools because I was very nervous. Surprisingly I streaked through my pool and lost to XsK Samurai, good shit to that dude his ryu is one of the best Ryus imo. I won’t come up with excuses for losing that match, he’s just a better player than me, period.

Yes, yes I lost to a blue ken in a mirror match in quarters. Ken’s mirror is always a toss up which I try to avoid, I was gonna pick sakura at first had I known that was actually you lilsicx or any other Ken player. I got really nervous and the only thing I wasn’t ready for was a KEN. Damn those DPs got me in the face when I least expected them. I also recognized the option select DP you do, I dashed forward after the next knockdown thinking you won’t go for it again, as it’s such a bad punish for you had I done MP dp, I guess I was thinking too hard. Also dropped 1F-links left and right. I cried inside when I missed my dash-ultra with sakura, I usually hit that 100%! I still don’t remember if I even took a round, did i? Oh well, GGs bro glad I played you. Btw who beat you? And who was in your pool?

I need some hardcore practice just to improve my adaptation skills. I realized that I only play against the character most of the time rather than the player himself, which then again is something that is out of my hand due to a really limited community in my region.

@Joon I wish I paid for the internet bill to send you a PM to meet at evo. It seems like you and ImagineVC had lots of fun.

Ya that was me i know the os is a bad ou.ih if u dp but u being a ken player and all i figured u knew the setup was un dpable o i wasnt worried bout u doing.i knew u would either dash or block.but thats funny cuz sakura is my backup as well.but ggs and hope to meet more.ppl.next yeer.also i lost to skisonics elf and timothy from norcal ibuki.i lose to all mixup characters lol.but blue ken is mine so if u see a blue ken its me

Anybody~ Help this man go to EVO2012!

haha thx :tup:. Please do! I had to play Gouken my 1st match and Gen for my 2nd match. Both of them played their character as their main since Vanilla so it was hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIyQ-ofE_nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo4uzRXCcaQ

It looks like a lot of people are having trouble against Vega. He’s tough for sure. I owe G77 that match-up so I’ll post in SSF4 AE Ken Match-up Thread later this week.

You’ll have to see to believe!

I was confident that I had him so I got fancy. I don’t play the listen-looking game. When I said “I learned to deal with it”, I meant I learned how to block it out completely when I play so it doesn’t phase me during my match. That should give you an idea how much the pad gief was churning the butter.

XsK Samurai is a VERY solid Ryu i.e. plays life lead and takes little-to-no risk. He came by our room last year and challenged me, lilsicx66, and some of my friends in a money match.

I know what you mean GTF. I had the same problem for a while, but knowing the match-up helps you more in the long run in my opinion. Most of my friends doesn’t play the character (match-up knowledge) but plays A LOT against the player so they have good reads but no good punishes/set-ups.

Yeah man, you should join us next time. Are you going next year?

Man sounds like you guys had fun. It sucks living at the other side of the world lol, can’t play against any of you guys due to lag :confused: + I can’t go to any tournament since there is practically no scene here, sounds like a blast.

But good stuff guys, looks like next year will be even better.

Bryan, you still on xbl?

I’m sure we played before with no lag issues that I can remember. Fancy trying some endless?

My gamertag is:

x G77 x

Peace,

G.

thanks for uploading my matches Joon! sigghhh… even though i beat that ibuki, i played like crap, no excuses. and that vega blew me up :frowning:

heres another one of your pool matches Joon!

[media=youtube]CaXHmwIjrxs[/media]

dude you have a great Ken but there’s one glaring problem you have. You’re too focused on the bnb into sweep! You’re losing a lot of stun/damage sticking to that one combo, but hey it’s EVO and that’s the big time. Other than that and anti-airing more you definitely could of beat that Vega. He’d not nearly as tricky as German Luger!