Evo West!

could we get a rough starting time?
i need to figure out my transportation arrangements. the difference between like noon and 2pm could save me a decent amount of money. :wasted:

I’ve talked to many Slash players and as long as EVO staff doesn’t mind… I’ve decided to throw a Guilty Gear Slash Tournament in the BYOC room. The rules, as typical as always, are as follows:

$10 entry fee

70% - 1st place
20% - 2nd place
10% - 3rd place

No gold, shadow/black, ex characters allowed. No Kliff or Justice.

A.B.A. Glitch is allowed (but very dishonorable)

Other random non-game breaking glitches are allowed.

Chipp throw glitch must be reset by having the following match started and having both characters get knocked down and not OTG’ed.

Starting time: I am aiming for Saturday 1:00 PM to start so I would like it if everyone came to me and registered around 12:00 PM. I will be in the BYOC room playing casuals probably. I won’t bother with any sort of pre-reg as that tends to make things sloppy at times.

Format: Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 for all non final matches. Semi-finals and finals are 3 out of 5.

The way I figure it, there are many players who want to come and participate in Evo west but either don’t have a team for Slash or have a team that don’t have all of there participating players available for Evo West do to either time or location restraints. By throwing singles, it will make some more incentive for those who are currently teamless to come out which in turn will get some teams together for pre-qualifiers. Either way, I’m sure most Slash players would really like to see a singles tourney and if all goes well and again if Evo staff permits it, maybee we can get singles going in the BYOC room at Evo itself.

As far as TV’s are concerned Imma try to talk to Mr. Wizard at some point but I think two or three should be just fine. I ran FR9 with 4 but only really needed 3 and that was 50 peeps. Hopefully the turnout will be similar.

I will have a more solid structure closer to the tourney but if there are any suggestions or anything I missed just send me a PM or AIM me (Same name: Heidern98) or catch me in IRC (Same name).

Show some support guys and let me know what you think. Lets do this shit with some honor :slight_smile:

refund

I pregistered for the Evo West tournament but I am not able to go so who do I contact to get a refund…the e-mail that was provided support@shoryuken.com doesnt even work so I dont know who to contact…

On the registration page, there’s an email where you can contact the administrator with any questions:
http://www.evo2k.com/west/register/

ok ty for the info

when does this qualifier start like timewise, 11-12, in the morning etc.? Or is it not determined yet?

is there anyone willing to let me room with them or room with me at evo west?

Is it confirmed that evo west will be open for casual all day friday? Me and some friends are trying to find out if we should reserve a room there for friday to monday morning or saturday to monday.

Okay its been about 5 days now I have not received anything from tony.cannon@gmail.com … this is getting a little aggravating. I did not think it would be so hard to get a refund but go figure.

the facility will not be open on friday for anything other than staff setup.

bobino send mrwizard@shoryuken.com the email and ill make sure it gets taken care of.

Hey, I have a stupid question. What are fast-food restaurants near Marriott? I often eat at IN-N-OUT Saturdays. Is it very near Mariott like 5 or 10 mins?:rolleyes:

Never mind… I found a IN-N-OUT place near Marriott

If you like to eat at IN-N-OUT, click it:
http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=5855+W+Century+Blvd&taddr=3411+W+Century+Blvd&csz=Los+Angeles%2C+CA&country=us&tcsz=Inglewood%2C+CA&tcountry=us

I don’t wish to be there for 2 days so is it possible to post a schedule up for Evo West. I just wanna know if Marvel will be finished in one day and what day it is.

Saturday will be qualifying pools and semis for all games

Sunday will be finals for all games.

Thats how evo rolls. If you plan to win/make top 8, you need to be there 2 days.

Though an official schedule would be nice

Hopefully tonight.

World Finals Qualifying
The top 8 finishers in each tournament at Evo West win automatic placement into the semi-final bracket at the world finals, completely bypassing pool play.

Mario Kart DS
Total Confirmed Registrations: 8
EVO West

First Prize = $5000

conclusion:

I should’ve learned to play MK-DS and had a better chance to make $5000

damnit.

Serious question for mods or tournament runners…

I registered and it said…

then it said “Please print this form and bring it with you on Friday, June 30th between 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM to the registration table at the tournament.”

But I will not be there friday, I am coming saturday morning. Can I bring my registraion papers saturday morning and pay the $30 or should I just not bother coming at all if I can’t register after friday for $30?

~Booyakasha

According to the EVO West schedule, you have Saturday morning between 8 AM to 11 AM to finish your registration.

On another note, will there be free parking available or do I have to pay to park?

Ok Thanks. It is at a hotel so you either park it for free where ever or pay $2 for vallet.

~Booyakasha

According the the rep at the hotel. It cost 13 dollars per day. You also have the option of vallet parking which is 17…

ok heres the question that all world asks
why MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 never goes online?
all the sistems where the game is avaliabe have function online
WHY WHY WHY?