Evo SOUTH

Wait, you serious? I thought getting AC was hard to come by because it was too popular in the jap market. Or did you guys somehow get a copy by now?
Shit, I was gonna hit by E’s anyways after EVO :wgrin:

Also, I don’t like the fact that its singles, but whatever its free so why complain :wink:

Whos comin for marvel?

I’m going for marvel, looking for as much casuals as I can get.

What a stupid statement. I will program a huge macro combo in which everytime I hit you with Mag, I will fill bars by doing 40 hits of ROM, then do some DHC to kill you with Sent, then do perfect unblockable combos to kill the incoming characters with no escape. I just need to hit d. lk, d. HP, MACRO and yoiuir entire team is gone. Or maybe I can just macro the stuffg that Mitsu does, with no practice at all. I am sure losiing every single time someone hits your first character is not a problem for you, right? Even when those people can’t do an air combo

Did that make sense to anyone else? I’m lost.

EDIT: I’m guessing from his two red bars that he is unable to read correctly. Thats probably it.

is it possible to register at the tourney site?

Sadly thanks to my health and it’s crap timing even after booking a room and Car i was unable to make it that’s why i never get to play in offline tournaments. I think this probably the most p*ssed off i’ve ever been since i was looking foward to finally playing in a big tournament. Hopefully things will straighten up by Augest and i will get to attened Evo World in Vegas.

This was one of the more fun tournaments I’ve been to. Kinda crazy running around in circles but single-elim definitely helped. Let’s see tomorrow turns out, but thus far props to the tourney staff and volunteers.

Heh… I was supposed to go for marvel but my work said otherwise… at least my boy Nismor is there to rep marvel… go nikka go.

So did the traditional fighter players and SSBM players manage to get along ok? :wink:

Some of them wanted to play Tekken asking some players like me to borrow our sticks and controllers since they only brought their gamecube controller. A few of them made a comment about them getting intimidated by what they were seeing on MVC2 with Iron Man’s infinite.

Kudos to the EVO Staff for starting the tournament on time, but was disappointed on the lack of getting casuals since the TVs were taken up for the tournament on Saturday. For my first Evo tournament, I felt it was kinda rushed as well.

biged, I doubt this was what most evo tournaments are like… this one was added late, and had big time restrictions put on it by SXSW

I enjoyed it though

From the sound of everything, it does seem a little rushed BUT they were really limited by SXSW as they had stated in their tourney info. My past experience EVO is normally run real smooth. BigEd if you make it to EVO World you’ll see a huge difference.

Good shit to Joey and Seth working their asses off to make shit go smoothly! I loved every second of EVO South.

Carnevil is a BEAST.

I only played in one game, so the whole “it was rushed thing” was actually a plus for me. The tourney was like 2 or 3 hours, which is incredibly cool. No waiting around for an hour waiting to hear your name called or staying at tourney until 2am. Props to the dude running 3s, that shit looked REAL stressful. Despite some complaints from some people, props to Evo. staff for even pulling off a tourney with such limited time to prepare, and thanks for coming to TX…even if you guys were forced.

From what I could tell there was very little interaction since all the tournaments were being run simultaneously. I couldn’t travel very far from the Smash TV’s because I did not want to miss any of my matches; no loudspeaker or PA, no real structure, and no time to watch any ST. The most I could do was go to the bathroom and play Guitar Hero.

The next ones will be a lot better, I have absolute confidence. And it’ll give me a chance to meet some other competitive players.

Congrats on winning smash