EVO 2010 Combo Project

Good catch, Iduno. My edit text is so small… easy to make that mistake!

Following a tip from a youtube comment I’ve found that it’s possible to get 3 resets in one combo with Saki, first you charge her unblockable bullet, then you launch and aircombo into VAR with your partner before doing a little air combo with Saki, resetting with the unblockable bullet, landing, relaunching, air comboing into a VAR and then finishing up with something.

(Maybe a level 3 if its just looking for flash since that’d be possible even without unlimited bar as long as you build up to 5 bars again after charging Saki’s charged shot before starting the combo)

I’ll borrow a camera again and get some examples up hopefully some time this week.

Also after testing using Chun Li’s super to relaunch with the C charged bullet as I mentioned before I’m faily confident that that doesn’t work.

Are you up for a few suggestions from those of us who know enough to see what could work if our execution was better? I don’t have the capability to record, but am all for trying to find out some flashy things – especially with the newer characters who don’t have everything figured out yet.

For Tekkaman Blade (credit goes to Nitro263 and Isu):

[media=youtube]rNgR0bwDTbw[/media]

w/ Ryu
5A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3C, j.A, j.B, j.B, dj.A, j.A,A~Baselard, j.2C, A~Baselard + hit P quickly after the 236A input, 5B, 3C, j.A, j.A, j.B, j.B, dj.2C, C~Katzbalger, 5B, 3C, j.B, j.B, dj.2C . . . (one of the two followups below)
without Baroque: C~Shamshir, Crash Intrude, j.2C
with Baroque: A~Baselard Baroque, 3C, j.B, j.B, dj.2C, C~Shamshir, Crash Intrude, j.2C

Full combo
5A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3C, j.A, j.B, j.B, dj.A, j.A, A~Baselard, j.2C, A~Baselard Baroque, 5B, 3C, j.A, j.A, j.B, j.B, dj.2C, C~Katzbalger, 5B, 3C, j.B, j.B, dj.2C, C~Shamshir, Crash Intrude, j.2C

semi-infinite w/Ryu
[[media=youtube]vXmGy4yidMY"[/media]] *Credit to Isu: Using Ryu as Partner assist: 5A, 5B, 2B, 5C, launch, S.j, j.B, j.236A, j.B, land, 5B, 5C, launch, S.j, j.A, j.236A, j.B, land, 5B, 5C, launch, j.A, j.B, j.B, j.236A, j.B, dj.2C, C ~ Katzbalger, 5B, launch, j.B, j.B, dj.2C, C ~ Shamshir, call assist to Omnidirectional Super Voltekka (or Crash Intrude either with or without assist)

If you need more Trag, just hit up my T. Blade thread and pick out what you like, there’re tons of vids and notations for each combo. Hope you like these

Bardic, sure… we can always test some stuff out!

Good stuff Xaolin! I’ll add it up top!

I might be able to help with some more Roll stuff. Her combos are nothing like what you’ve done with Batsu, but she has some things going for her.

Anything interesting. Could be a 2 hit if it’s funny or cool! Glitches, strange tricks, whatever ya got!

Loops? Is that like the same term as a semi infinite?

Caliber: Yea! Just a sequence of events that can be repeated, but not indefinitely.

I may be able to contribute to this. If/when I come up with anything special I’ll post it up in here. Cool idea for sure though.

what about Joe the condor Cactus bunker (Counter) followups? like not using baroque, etc

Good shit, Trag, on making it to the front page of SRK. Too bad new SSFIV characters got announced the same day…

What the… I didn’t even realize I was there until I read your post! I had even seen the front page earlier with the SSF4 news HAH!

dang cant wait to see this im excited lol

I would love to help, add some Ippatsuman loops on that list.

This is a fantastic idea to draw people to this fantastic beast of a game. I’d love to see it happen.

2 things I’d like to see explored, both involve my team’s characters, Viewtiful Joe and Yatterman-2.

Joe: His Red Hot Kick. This thing is an absolute monster. The potential here is huge, for a few major reasons. Firstly, the glitch on the move that made it impossible to combo with it after a baroque is gone, so just like that he has a lot more options for getting creative with his combos. Secondly is a setup involving his Desperado super. After the Red Hot Kick, opponents are left in a juggle state until they hit the ground. Using the Desperado super, you can use this to DHC into virtually any teammate’s supers. I’ve found some mean setups with Tekkaman and Yatterman-2 personally, and I’m sure there’s a lot more. This character feels really unexplored right now, and while we’re working on some stuff in his forum, he doesn’t seem to come up much in the TvC general forum. Some of the stuff we’ve found is definitely relevant, he’s going to be a real contender, largely because of the Red Hot Kick, I think it’s honestly one of the best moves in the game.

Yatterman-2: Her combo potential is just insane, here’s a basic example of a combo that uses basically every system in the game to do obscene damage, and I’ve found ways to make it do even more.
[media=youtube]DT4SKR4JVAM[/media]
Adding a baroque cancel after Joe’s Red Hot Kick to extend the combo for an extra air chain does enough damage to 100% Ryu. The biggest shock here, though, is her level 3 super. Because of the ridiculous amount of hits it can be mashed to, the scaling seems to hardly effect its damage at all, leading it to do obscene damage at the end of really long combos.

Just a couple of ideas to play with.

I’ve been working on the tree rock loop for doronjo for a bit now and I don’t know if it can be done as well as it was in CGoH. On the plus side, I do have a combo that does 36 billion (maybe more) with her that I’d be happy to add to the list. I say maybe more because I’m still messing around with it and seeing if I can get more damage. I’ll see if I can record it soon somehow and will post it once I either get a video, or I will post the button input for someone else to record if I can’t.

MetaMeeks, very nice. If you want to PM it to me to test it out or make a vid, that would be great. You can also get me on aim (trag13). I also have googlechat and MSN and yahoo.

Got a few touch of death combos using resets, I’ll only transcribe the Polimar/Saki one now since the rest are 5 bars (with bar generated during the combo being used at the end)

Saki/Polimar Polimar on point Saki with unblockable shot 3 bars (including the shot)

5a,5b,2b,5c,3c,j.b,j.b,dj,j.b,j.b,236p,j.a,j.a,j.b,j.b,dj,j.b,xx,j.c,dash,3c,j.b,j.b,dj,j.b,236p,j.a,j.b,j.b,623b,xx,632147896B+C

Again the combo builds a bar to be used at the end, it kills Ryu and has 4 scaling resets if you add the VHC’s unblockable and super throw up.

[media=youtube]_ZYDSzcGLcQ"[/media]

Those 5 bar combos are actually 6 bars, considering you’re tagging in a Saki that already has an unblockable loaded. By the time it’s so late in the match that you have an unblock shot already + five more meters and a solid combo opportunity (if that somehow does happen), something much less costly will probably kill them.