Elena Combo Thread

Elena is a new character in SFxT so I’m sure people are have some problems trying to figure out some combos with her. So if you have any combos or questions about Elena’s combos, comment them!

cancelable normals:

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp, s.lk, s.lp, s.mp (first hit only)

links:

cr.lk - cr.lk - cr.lk

cr.lk - s.lk

cr.lk - cr.mp

cr.mp - cr.mp

cr.mp - cr.lk

cr.mp - s.mk

cr.mk - s.lk

s.hk - s.lk

bk.hk - s.lk

lp or mp mallet smash - s.lk / cr.lk / cr.mp / s.mk

s.hp -s.hk [target combo] - s.lk / cr.lk / cr.mp

bk.hk (counter hit) - cr.mp / s.mk

s.hk (counter hit) - cr.mp / s.mk

fw.mp (counter hit) - s.lk

combo enders:

spin scythe - hk or ex version after cr.mp, ex mk or lk version after a lp or lk will connect, regular version without follow up and follow up can both be tag cancelled to continue combo with partner, but the followup knocks them in the air which limits your combo extension, better to not do the follow up if you plan to do a tag cancel
[LIST]
[*]Ex version launches opponent in the air automatically, does not have follow up. Can continue the combo with cr.mp into whatever special move, in the corner you can get 3 cr.mp
[/LIST]
rhino charge - can be used after a tag in to get more damage than just cr.mp xx hk. scratch wheel, ex: uppercut xx tag cancel into elena - cr.mp xx mk rhino charge hk scratch wheel, in the corner you can follow up with a cr.mp after hitting a grounded opponent, hk version usually whiffs in combos so avoid it

scratch wheel - ex version does the most damage but in some juggle situations it will do the same amount of damage as the hk version so usually better to save the meter, can tag cancel this to allow partner to continue combo, in the corner this move has a tendency to whiff if done too early

super - does good damage at the end of combos, not as fast as scratch wheel so can’t combo into this directly off of rhino charge

midscreen combos:

cr.lk cr.lk cr.lk xx lk.spin scythe - follow up

cr.lk cr.lk cr.lk xx cr.mp xx ex spin scythe cr.mp xx hk.scratch wheel

cr.mp cr.mp xx hk.spin scythe - follow up

cr.mp cr.lp xx cr.mp xx ex.spin scythe cr.mp xx hk.scratch wheel

lp.mallet smash cr.lp xx lk.spin scythe

mp.mallet smash cr.mp xx hk.spin scythe

ex.mallet smash cr.mp xx hk.scratch wheel

s.hk s.lk xx lk.spin scythe - follow up

bk.hk slk xx ex.spin scythe cr.mp xx hk.scratch wheel

corner combos:

mp.mallet smash cr.mp cr.mp xx mk rhino charge cr.mp cr.mp cr.mp xx super

lp.mallet smash cr.lp xx lk rhino charge cr.mp cr.mp cr.mp xx hk scratch wheel

ex.mallet smash cr.mp mk. rhino charge hk.scratch wheel

cr.mp cr.mp xx ex.spin scythe cr.mp cr.mp cr.mp xx super

s.mk - cr.hp [target combo] cr.mp cr.mp xx hk.scratch wheel

post tag-in:

cr.mp xx hk. scratch wheel

cr.mp xx mk.rhino charge - hk. scratch wheel (the scratch wheel has tendency to whiff or only hit once if timed incorrectly)

cr.mp xx mk. rhino charge - dwn fwd hk(slide)

s.mk - cr.hp [target combo] - hk. scratch wheel

cr.mp xx super

cr.mp cr.mp cr.mp xx hk.scratch wheel (corner only)

counter hit anti air:

s.mp/s.lp xx lk. scratch wheel

s.mp/s.lp s.mk - cr.hp [target combo]

j.mp - j.hp [target combo] cr.mp xx hk.scratch wheel (the target combo must be done at a specific height to be able to get the cr.mp afterwards, seems elena must be above her opponent in height, also works with j.lp - j.mk target combo)

s.lp cr.mp xx hk.scratch wheel (or mk.rhino charge if you want to take them to the corner)

Have you found any good ground bounces that don’t use meter? I can’t find a good that works that well.

as far as I can tell the only move that she has that causes ground bounce is ex mallet smash, none of her normals or specials seem to give special properties on counter hit but I need to do more testing on that

I put some damage numbesr at the end of the combos, also added damage for no follow up/follow up so you can see damage for when you wanna switch and when you don’t.

oh thanks, was just about to do that myself, also your right that about that ex mallet corner combo, will correct

Yea thats what i found too none of her normal moves have anything special about them with sucks but hey what are you gonna do?

You can link cr.LK after target combo 3 (HP>HK), i think that’s the way to do damage with her.

417 dmg , 1 meter.

j.HP, HP, HK, cr.LK, qcb + KK, cr.MP, dp + HK

If you finish with super it’s 535 dmg, but it’s just a waste of meter IMO.

I’m trying to find some good combos off of tags.

^ You can link cr.mp after the target combo as well.

Really?! I tried for about 10 minutes, couldn’t get it once and thought it didn’t link. I’ll try again.

Edit: It really works! The timing isn’t even that tight, don’t know what the hell was wrong with me.

I think you can do the st. MK cr. HP target combo and follow with HK Scratch Wheel, and I think it does more damage than these.

Thnx guys, i was looking for some combos for Elena. She’s really abusive on this game and a part of my main team, no doubt about it.

I found another post launcher combo for Elena: cr. mp xx mk Rhino horn, slide.

It nets 310 dmg and gives you a hard KD and keeps you at close range which may be useful. It works midscreen and near the corner. Doesn’t work in the corner though and should work on all characters. Tested on cats, Ryu and Hugo, works just fine.

Note: You have to time the slide just as you would if you hit an ex spin scythe. Hope this helps some of you. :tup:

Can anyone hit

cr lk lk mp, scratch wheel consistently without getting lynx tail?:mad:

i just tested this, the cr.mk mk rhino horn into hk scratch wheel will actually do more dmg that the target combo with scratch wheel(368 vs 362 from a raw launcher) if you can get all hits of scratch wheel to connect, however the timing to get them all to connect after the rhino horn combo is very sensitive and sometimes it just outright whiffs so its probably better to do target combo with scratch wheel for the consistency

Although I suppose your Rhino Horn variation also builds more meter and gives them less recoverable life. If it’s a more optimised combo, I guess you really should just knuckle down and get the timing right…

Excellent info on display in this thread hope more players contribute to it as time progresses. Is there any way to finish any of the BnB’s post launch with Lynx Tail (apologies if you’re all sick of me singing this moves praises by now, I just think it has a lot of potential) as the reduced recovery could allow you to follow up with a nice mixup/reset. Also curious about Elena’s raw launch combo options (by this I mean using HP+HK to safely tag out during a combo usually done after a ground bounce) and finally does Elena have any moves that cause a re-stand or capture state post juggle?

After a little time in training, I found in the post tag combo: cr.mp xx mk rhino horn - hk scratch wheel. Using st. lk makes the timing a lot more easier for the hk scratch wheel to hit.

just joined up
But the only thing I have found interesting with lynx tail so far.
after a lk. Lynx tail, you can wiff a st.mk, then to a lp.Mallet smash.
timing is a little wierd but it should hit and it will auto correct if they choose to roll.
i dont think it works at point blank though

I don’t have any real combos to post mainly because I’m still playing a 3rd strike Elena, but I found out that if you get both hits of her j.HK then you can juggle without the counter hit. Felt it was worth noting.

As far as bnb’s go, in the corner I’ve been doing c.MP xx lk Rhino Horn > c.MP xx lk Rhino Horn > hk Scratch Wheel. Decent meter-less damage. Other than that I’ve been going for chains into sweep and going for high low mixups.