Elena Combo Thread

Yeah that was the post tag combo I’ve been using as well, interestingly you can switch cancel during rhino horn and it leaves your tagged in character close enough to carry on the combo for extra damage.

I’m liking the sound of the auto correct on roll, need to explore how thus can be use tactically :slight_smile:

Looking at the tools at her desposal (e.g. multiple great hard knockdown moves) I think this is the way Capcom intended her to be played, I noticed this when I first spent time with her in training mode. I feel that once players spend more time with her; her wake up shenanigans will be really hard to deal with (there’s a lot of potential for nasty high low mixups on wake up from Elena), I can wait to refine the ones I’m working on :slight_smile:

Just got a pretty good BnB for her, as long as you can get a st/cr.mp in, it will work, that and of course they must be standing, so sliding a lp/mp.mallet smash wont hurt.

cr.mp - mk. Rhino horn - st.lk - mk. Rhino horn - slide. 314+ meterless damage and works anywhere

Saw something similar on ssf4evo’s 100th vid, think this will definitely end up being one of her most used BnB’s especially since it gives a hard knockdown, really like this one. Good job bro :slight_smile:

Do any over her moves force stand?

I think some of her kicks do, but I know light & medium mallet smash do.

So theoretically, could this work?

MP Mallet Smash - cr.MP- mk. Rhino horn - st.lk - mk. Rhino horn - slide

Yeah it should, can’t test it myself but it sounds legit, should do decent damage too, also you can switch cancel the last rhino horn for even more damage :slight_smile:

yea it works, landing a mallet smash will force stand, as well as cr.Hp.
cr.Hp also leaves enough time for a tag cancel into a combo, idk if thats useful at all though.
but the combo will work as long as you go from cr.MP to Mk.Rhino horn, given that they are standing cause Rhino horn (save for the ex version)will whiff crouching ppl.

its just a real bummer trying to hit a mallet smash. everyone sees those coming from yards away it seems

is cr.HP special cancellable? If so, you could just replace Mallet Smash with a chain combo into cr.HP and combo into ex. Rhino Horn.

Alas, I don’t have Elena so I can’t really test it.

:d::hp: is not cancelable

I’m trying to dig deep here so I’ll put my research in the forum when ever I get a chance, I’m really lazy and busy with life and what not so forgive me if I don’t post often or my notations aren’t detailed, I’ll edit as much as a can.

I really feel like our main BnB should be the following:

cr.MK xx MK Rino Horn, Scratch Wheel (any version)

I use MK Rino Horn because of it recovers faster that HK Rino Horn so Scratch Wheel hit’s and the MK version of Rino Horn travels deeper in to the opponent once it hits as compared to *LK Rino Horn *(all bullshit aside I use MK Rino Horn in this combo because I couldn’t get HK Rino Horn to work right)

quick and painless, I love this combo because essentially it’s all you need for a decent punish and it’s easily modified, also it’s her post-tag combo and you can switch cancel from Scratch Wheel on hit or on block, all you need to worry about is Rino Horn whiffing crouching opponents (really though if that’s you’ve got other stuff you need to work on if you’re throwing out a move like that on a crouching character but luckly this is where the mods come in

Crouching Opponent

st.LK/cr.MK xx Mallet Smash, st.LK xx MK Rino Horn, Scratch Wheel

Big Damage/Punish

link st.HP xx st.HK in to st.lk…etc.

now on another note her st.LK is super duper awesome for keeping pressure, in the same manner that most characters st.LP and it’s really easy to hit confirm from:

To Break Ankles

st.LK xx Lynx Tail

To Crack Skulls

st.Lk xx Mallet Smash

To Switch Cancel Mix-up

st.LK xx Spin Scythe xx SC

To Simply Dip Out Safely

st.LK xx *Scratch Wheel/**Spin Scythe *xx SC
(I perfer Scratch Wheel for it’s quick start-up and invincible frames)

…I really like her st.LK

soooooo now I’m going to find out if you can link her Super from Rino Horn

for those of you who know me from my “Dr. White is now leaving the lab: AE Cammy Combos” thread for SFIVAE2012(mouthful!) I appologize for not maintaining that better

EVERYTHING MENTIONED IN THIS POST WORKS MIDSCREEN

some pretty cool stuff, if you’re looking for more detailed info surrounding Elena’s meta game have a look in the main Elena thread were looking into some interesting things.

Best damage I could get in the corner for no meter and no jump-in:
Cr. MP, Cr. MP xx MK Rhino Horn, St. MK xx Cr. HP (Target Combo), Cr. MP, HK Scratch Wheel. I think it was 377 damage… Either way it did slightly more damage than
Cr. MP, Cr. MP xx MK Rhino Horn, Cr. MP, St. MK xx Cr. HP (Target Combo), HK Scratch Wheel.

MP Mallet Smash, st. MK > cr. HP, st. MK > cr. HP, HK Scratch Wheel does 388, I think, and you can’t crouch it like you can with Rhino Horn…

I’m giving Elena another chance. :slight_smile:

Used Elena x Dudley in several ranked matches today with mostly wins… I think people don’t know how to react to the Lynx Tail/Mallet Smash game. I also caught a lot of people by surprise using LK Rhino Horn to cross-up after Lynx Tail. The times I lost were when I got rushed down too hard. Eventually I started using Alpha Counter more, and doing so proved to be helpful.
PS - Dudley is OP. :smiley:

I’m finally coming back to SFxT and finally have my hands on Elena. I’m having fun with her. I haven’t really went in the lab with her just yet but I did notice how strong the link from c:mk: to s:lk: could be if you practice the timing. I tested a few things both mid and corner and was doing c:mk: at the furthest most range for c:mk: to connect while still allowing s:lk: to combo and still be in range for it’s follow ups.

c:mk: s:lk: xx

EX spin scythe c:mp: xx :hk: scratch wheel -312 (midscreen)
EX spin scythe c:mp: xx :mk: rhino horn :hk: scratch wheel -348 (corner)
Super -360 (both)
Cross Arts -435 (both)

Like I said I haven’t fully dived into Elena yet so I’m pretty sure some more stuff will work off this. The idea was to take her longest reaching low poke and convert it into damage for the footsies game. I’m more concerned with meterless damage really but I am still kinda working off 3S memory.

Now that we’ve had the pleasure of spending a bit of quality time with our Kenyan princess (and more people are showing up in these threads), I thought it would be a good idea to post our optomised combos as a starting point for the goodness to come in v.2013. I was thinking we could post combos covering the following areas:

Post Tag:

1-Meter Solo:

2-Meter Solo:

Pandora:

Setups/Resets:

Team Specific:

Note: please post combos in the following format for uniformity - e.g. hcb.MP xx cr.MP xx hcf.MK xx dp+HK (…dmg , …bar/s , un/techable knockdown)

I’ll post some of my combo’s 2moro, until then hit the lab & get ready to share the wealth! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try my best to contribute. I don’t have the exactly number (also I assume by bars, you mean how much is built or ultimately spent?)
Legend:
, = link
xx = special cancel
> = Target combo/chain combo

Post Tag:
HP+HK, st.mk > cr.hp, dp.HK ( 330, 0 bar, techable knockdown)
HP+HK, cr.mp xx hcf.MK, df.HK (310, 0 bar, untechable knockdown)

Meterless Solo:
(On standing opponent only, midscreen) cr.MP, cr.MPxx hcf.MP, st.LK xx hcf.MP, df.HK (331 damage, 0 bar, untechable knockdown)
(On standing opponent only, corner) cr.MP, cr.MPxx hcf.MP, cr.MP xx hcf.MP, dp.HK (362, 0 bar, techable Knockdown)
(On standing opponent only, corner) cr.MP, cr.MP xx hcf.MP, st.MK > cr.HP, cr.MP xx dp.HK (374, 0 bar, techable knockdown)

1-Meter Solo:
cr.LK, cr.MP, qcb.KK, cr.MP xx HCF.MK, df.HK ( 338 damage (Can be 368 if started with cr.MP instead of cr.LK), 1 bar, untechable knockdown)

2-Meter Solo:

Pandora:

Setups/Resets:
cr.LK, cr.LK, cr.LK, st.LK xx hcb.MP - (105 damage, 0 bar, no knockdown) - Basic reset into MP Mallet Smash, which can lead to big damage (Works on Ryu, but frequently goes over crouching opponents online. Needs work. Possibly add another cr.LK against blocking opponents, or use hcb.LP instead)
cr.LK, cr.LK, cr.LK, st.LK xx rdp.LK/MK/HK - (141/165/177, 0 bar, untechable knockdown) - Simple knockdown hit confirm. LK version can be used as a block string due to it’s safe vs 3f attacks. HK version does the most damage and can be used to tag in partner safely for 1 bar.
cr.MP xx qcb.HK, MP+MK (110 damage, 1 bar, no knockdown) - Cross up/mix up set up for partner

Team Specific:
With Hugo
(Elena) cr.MP xx qcb.HK, MP+MK, (Hugo) cr.MP xx qcb.LP, cr.MP xx qcf.LK, cr.LP xx qcb.LP, dp.MK (412 damage, 1 bar, untechable knockdown)