Elena Combo Thread - Shall We Dance?

No we knew about cr.lp cr.mp link since day one, its actually part of her Bnb combo, some people like the 1f link for extra dmge and stun with cr.lk -> cr.lp -> cr.mp.

I don’t know about mallet smash causing standing but i will test it later right now it might not matter because all we get off a successful mallet smash is just cr.lp so we ususally do HP mallet smash into cr.lp -> cr. mp -> mk SS, some people just go straight into cr.mp into special of their choosing that actually combos. From EX MS we get a tight link into cr.lp then the bnb after that. other bnb stuff is cr.lp cr.lp into cr.mp and finish the bnb but some people find that LT and some versions of SS just fall out from some charc like Juri.

Mallet does force stand. Off HP mallet you generally wanna go into c.mp straight as you get a nice increase in dmg/stun. For Lt, its not a good idea to hit confirm it or mix it up after a lengthy attack string as it will probably whiff. Instead you want to go for 1 maybe two normals max before canceling into Lt to ensure it will always hit

Found this messing around. It only works on Elena, Hawk, Poison, and Hakan. youtube.com/watch?v=QnPJrEeq0lw

Blanka MU: Just Found this mid match but Elena gets a free slide when blocking Blanka balls i’ll check and lab it later to see if we can get better punishes but so far looking good in this MU

Tip for EX RH: I use it to get through Fireballs (duh lol) and Decapre U1 for a free punish or get closer tool, also it punishes backdash when u just need that little damage more. Also i see it scare my opp from doing Fireball after around 2 successful hits.

I tested this out a little bit more only on Elena, but so far it only works if all hits of RH connect which is hard and the light version seemed impossible to connect and the medium version felt a little easier than the EX version. I did find that if you combo this from st.HP so it would be something like St.HPxxMK RH -> U1. this deals a little of 500 i forget but good damage only problem is that st.HP combos from nothing in either jump ins and FADC it from HK LT would defeat the purpose of a meterless U1… Maybe as a punish but idk what else to use this for but it is nice to know.

EDIT: Also can someone start a Match Up thread because i don’t want to start it cause idk how to work this website at all XD so i wouldn’t be any good at organizing it but if no one else does i will if i have to.

The light RH fully connects even after a cr.lp > cr.mp link. It’s really only useful after a focus crumple or mallet smash combo. Cr.lk> cr.lp> cr.mp> light RH works on T Hawk, and Abel, but you can’t ultra him.

So elena can combo into U1 from anywhere on screen from 1 meter against certain characters. I did this on Poison and Elena herself. Good to know to squeeze out a bit better damage against these characters instead of burning another meter on EX Scratch Wheel.

c.lk/c.lp, c.lp ,c.mp xx EX MS ~ c.lp, c.mp xx LK RH, U1 (350 Dmg, 390 Stun)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EESN70xtrOo

EDIT, so this works on Hakan and Hawk too. Didn’t see your post Haitian Sensation! Good stuff

She could already do this with EX LT, for more dmg and less execution(less stun though)

Should be noted that off of a close standing roundhouse you can link crouching light punch. S HK, C lp, C mp xx Spin Scythe works.

I didn’t see this listed, but:
I always have trouble with going into a BnB combo after fwd+MP, it always seems to push them out too far for the cr.MP to connect, so instead I’ve been subbing the cr.MP with MK Scratch Wheel.
fwd+MP, cr.LP xx dp+MK = 212 dmg / 310 stun.

You could, if you prefer, use EX Scratch Wheel instead… but the difference would be 220 dmg / 294 stun. Might as well save the meter for utility. HK Scratch Wheel actually does less damage and the same stun (196 dmg / 310 stun) so no reason to use that.

Another combo I use:
M Mallet Smash, cr.LP xx L Rhino Horn, EX Scratch Wheel = 351 dmg / 426 stun. 1 meter. You could definitely throw a cr.MP in there after the cr.LP, but I’d rather limit the tight links in my combos for now. If done outside the corner, not all hits will connect, but it still does close to this. Last time I did it, it did 330 dmg / 405 stun outside the corner, but the damage seems to change every time I do it outside the corner.

Elena has the pass through glitch on fadc spin scythe on 6 characters: Guile, Balrog, Sagat, Cammy, Cody, and Vega. Also have enough frame advantage to combo if you want to style, otherwise can be used as a mixup or frametrap after passing through since you are pretty + after FADC. Opponents must be crouching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-iXgKSyv7Q

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o8zFM7SIXoI

It was a new link from her arcade release.

Does that RH> ultra work after a focus only? I can’t get it to work on its own.

Just saw this

USF4 - Elena meterless Target Combo 4 confirm int…: http://youtu.be/1CmPsC7G5Tk

I noticed this in training mode the other day. I know it worked in the corner, wasn’t aware it worked midscreen. Does this work on the whole cast? I was thinking of using that target combo as a frame trap since it’s only -3 on block anyway.

Yea this was a Day 1 thing we knew about but for some reason never did XD
I personally never use the this TC but it does work anywhere on screen at all. I think it was personally hard for me to just do the button presses consistently then go into Ultra cause you can easily just miss if you aren’t fast enough.

Testing out the TC4 ~ Ultra. Only character I haven’t been able to get it to work on mid screen has been Decapre and Elf

Also doesnt work on Rufus, Blanka, Rolento, and Ibuki

You can do s.hk, cr.lp xx MK LT xx super for 481 damage