Electric-Trouble

What order number were you?

And are you sure that it’s 2-3 weeks after he receives the parts, or 2-3 weeks from now?

I am #13. According to what BJ wrote in the email, my stick will ship 2-3 weeks “from now” assuming his parts arrive “within the next week and a half.” Not quite the “month minimum” I had originally thought due to a misreading of his email, but still a hefty wait nonetheless.

I would be pissed.

These sticks should be done within a day of him getting the parts. The time consuming parts of building sticks are making the case, wiring the pcb, getting everything clean and set up on the inside, etc.

He should have these sticks built and ready to go, waiting for parts to pop in. It takes all of 20 minutes to put the stick and buttons in and slide some QDs on them.

Yeah i’ve never made a stick but that’s what I was thinking. I have wired pcb’s and I have done woodwork and those can take time, but mounting buttons/switches and connecting them is a really quick job.

But keep in mind he said he should be receiving the stick in 2-3 weeks, so he was probably taking into account the queue and shipping and handling time and giving a conservative estimate.

BJ also explained that the delay would be due to him wanting to test all twenty or so sticks to ensure they work properly before before they are shipped out.

send him an email a couple days ago and so far no reply. I’m not that worried though because i order on the 18th of march. so my stick isn’t due until the end of April.

Well, I ordered my sticks on march 8th, and I recieved emails promptly so I havent complained.

But I must say, and BJ I hope you read this, that you need to keep people updated. and not just once every 6-10 days via your site. I have not heard ANYTHING other than whats on his site. thats just bad business, sorry.

I dont mind waiting, as long as i know whats up. one post on march 26th saying waiting for parts is not good enough, especially when i hear of people ordering from lizardlick on march 21st already recieving their orders. considering i ordered early march, those parts orders should have been placed way before the 21st, meaning i see no reason why you still havent received any parts yet.

Again, I didnt want to make this post, but day after day of checking emails and your site for updates with nothing has left me feeling pretty irritated. it only takes what, 5-10 minutes to update your site or make a thread on shoryuken, so i no longer buy the “im busy” story. considering ive already given you my money, which was near 250$ i at least expect weekly updates, or a queue list or something. now i know when i get my stick, im sure ill love it, but i must say your lacking in the customer service dept at this time.

please give us some feedback.

I’m order OL-043. I’d LOVE for there to be regular updates on the site. It shouldn’t take that long to write up a few sentences on the current situation and it prevents the customers from freaking out. I ordered March 20th, when the estimated shipping date was written as from 4 to 5 weeks so I’m not that worried but I’d still like to get regular updates.

So…does anyone have any pictures of their ET sticks?

I put in an email early today. And I don’t mind waiting a day or so for a response, but the fact that the site is only updated once every 2 weeks or so at best is rather unsettling. I don’t think I’ll be so quick to jump on a future product from someone until i get more info on their service though, I really do not like being left in the dark especially when I pay for an item upfront.

Well, I posted 2 days ago, and still no response via email, nor this thread.

I’m just curious if anybody else has heard from BJ or did he just fall off the planet.

Hmm.
Now I’m skeptical about ordering from him.

It’s too bad, I was really considering it. Maybe when he updates.

Order OL010 is my order number and i agree with many of you guys that BJ should update his website at least once a week or something like that. but i did get an email from him a couple of days ago…

"Tony,

A bit of good news! According to my parts should be in within the next week and a half. That would put your joystick’s date of completion within the next 2 weeks.

I will keep you posted on the situation!

Thanks,

-BJ
Owner, Electric Trouble Arcade Controls
http://www.electric-trouble.com/"

so imma wait it out and hope its not a mistake that i ordered from him.

he seems like a pretty cool guy, but he just doesn’t update or talk to people I people like AIAB or LizardLick. Delays are understandable though, espcially if he ordered through LizardLick. Just has to realize people want constant updates if they’re throwing down big money on something they won’t see for over a month.

Man this whole stick parts shortage is insane. When Street Fighter 4 was announced for home consoles, manufacturers should have gotten off their collective asses to make sure the supply could meet the demand. Like Street Fighter’s 20th anniversary wasn’t going to be a big deal…

sounds like this man hasn’t delivered on ONE fight stick yet wtf, anyway the guy goes to school you can’t put aside 5-10 minutes to answer some emails and update a site? 20 sticks or so 20 or so emails a day to answer for one seems to wonder hmmm…

Probably because the last set of anniversary collections & such didn’t cause a SF revival, they didn’t expect this to be much better, but the buzz was crazy better than before.

But yeah, all I want is general/regular updates. I know his operation isn’t big enough for him to get to everyone one-to-one everyday, but when I plop money down upfront, I do not appreciate being left in the dark for weeks on end with nothing in hand. JMO.

So… people have put down money…but no one has received any product at all??

That’s some trust, man.

Ya, that’s my beef, I’d just like an update. I don’t think he’s ripping anybody off, I don’t want people to get that vibe as I’m sure he’s legit and working hard on our sticks.

I also don’t mind waiting for quality. I just don’t want to be left in the dark when it shouldn’t take him long to at least update his site.

Those of you considering to order sticks should still do so, I’m sure he will get this worked out, this is a new business for him, he just went public on 3/8/09 I believe. New businesses always have kinks to work out, this seems to be his kink.

Let’s just hope he reads this as a way to improve on his business rather than a bash session, as for me, this is just constructive criticism.

BJ, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor, and for the love of SF4, update your site!!