"Eh... What the hell?" Cody Q&A Thread

I always (most of the time) my combos with Zonk, there are some serious setups after a Zonk :wink:

Examples of said setups? :slight_smile: I’d like to know if there’s anything other than corpse hopping, jumping seems to slow to do meaty.

Anyone know where I can find Cody’s frame data? Been giving this game another chance recently and haven’t had any luck finding frama data for any of the dlc characters.

I was looking for it as we’ll but it will be obsolete in a few days!

Not really, other than a couple moves and ALL his boost combos his frame data is basically the same.

This will give you a bunch of the info http://pandora.dantarion.com/dumps/CDY/BAC

Anyone have frame data on Hp and Cr.Hp Knife? On chain combo, I might add. Want to try some stuff in new Pandora, thanks.

What kinda gems does Cody benefit from? Suggestions?

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/22140/Dedemaru">Dedemaru</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>What kinda gems does Cody benefit from? Suggestions?</div>
</blockquote>

All about the meter imo. <br>

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/17033/zUkUu">zUkUu</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/22140/Dedemaru">Dedemaru</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>What kinda gems does Cody benefit from? Suggestions?</div>
</blockquote>

All about the meter imo. <br></div>
</blockquote>

Oh god this. I got +200/300(dont remember) meter on 2 counter hits, on 5 normals connected and 10 normals connected<div><br></div><div>3 meter each round FREE</div>

Meter seems to be the trend from what I find. Thanks guys.<div><br></div><div>Could anyone tell me if Cody works with Christie? If so, in what order? Right now I have him as anchor.</div>

<div class=“QuoteText”>Meter seems to be the trend from what I find. Thanks guys.<div><br></div><div>Could anyone tell me if Cody works with Christie? If so, in what order? Right now I have him as anchor.</div></div>
</blockquote>

Cody is rather bad, but he is even worse as anchor imo. <br>

1. what exactly is Cody’s gameplay strategy/style anyway? Just a footsies character with a frame trap or two? I’d like to try him again but without a little more info on how he is meant to play he just seems well, boring.

2. what does he say when he loses? Sounds like “make it raaaaiiin!”

Cody’s gameplan is: don’t lose before the opponent.

Seriously though it’s basically poke poke poke anti air poke poke poke and if you land a poke chain into launcher. It’s basically the same gameplan he had but was broken at in Vanilla just now he is only ok at it but still ass at everything else. If you manage to corner the opponent you can do a lot of damage but Cody’s corner carry is pretty mediocre and his mid screen options in general are bad outside of throwing out far s.MK, far s.MP, cr.MP, cr.LP, foward MP and just hoping that the opponent walks into it. He has some ambiguous jump ins, his frame traps are good in the sense that they are strong traps bad in the sense that he can’t keep pressure on very long as his walk speed is TERRIBLE and his CADC is mediocre and his dash range is average and average speed and his normals he uses to frame trap are all close normals but he gets pushed out very quickly. f.MP on hit OR block puts you in “far” normal range. His cr.HP is -4F on block now, his cr.LP had its range reduced significantly from AE (but out of the SF cast it is still one of the better cr.LPs) his cls.HP pushes him out of range of anything except cr.HP/sweep so he can’t really keep pressure on if it’s blocked. And his throw range (like everyones) is ass but unlike a lot of the top tier his walk speed is also ass. All of his specials are unsafe with LP CU being the most safe at -6F

Partner him with someone who has great damage off of a launcher and has good corner carry. OR alternately partner him with a very good zoner and use Cody’s pokes as a wall and play lame while your zoning character regains health when tagged out.

Damn. When I saw his changes I just figured they would cut out the cheap stuff but he would still be able to play his game just not as effectively. I did not know that his strong frames and big hitboxes WERE his game >>.

Besides badassery I don’t see much of a reason to pick him up then. His “style” seems easy to grasp, but i don’t rhink it is going to get much wins.

Sad but true: Cody is ass.

Damn, my Cody/Paul bromance ended faster than my own relationships ;;

No strong oki setups after throws? Safe jumps or strong tag cancelable moves? Does the two hits on his overhead make it tc safe on block?
I also noticed on the combo tier list that he is actually among the lowest damage on things out of the corner.

Guess I have to decide between Elena and Bryan’s strong yet flawed offenses and Cody’s weak and basic offenses.

Bryan + Paul. It’s so manly, it’s a MANmance.

Well Bryan is my best character, but it feels odd to pair up someone with easy flaws like him with a flawed character in general.

Also I have this thing about keeping the teams good or bad. Otherwise they argue all the time and it reminds me of my childhood.

I think they work rather well together. I mean Bryan is no Chun li or Law, but he’s got solid footsie tools. And Paul is just a great anchor with awesome retag options. You should give it a shot.

So sorry for sounding like a derp but what ARE Cody’s frame traps in the first place? Are they specific things or just use his moves with best +on block and profit? Was wondering if any involved cadc because I could not find that out on the frame data sheet.

So I used to think frame traps as a gimmick is real bad, since smart people know where all the frame traps are, but I guess in that case you can use the extra respect to do different things and make more pressure.
probably doesn’t happen in this game though with pushback and alpha counter.