Ego passed away

I can’t believe it guys, this is a serious thread, i’m in shock, our friend, ego, the leader of NHC has passed away, i can’t find any words now and i feel sad.

R.I.P ego, i’ll never forget your personality, your spirit, our great conversations and thank you for everything!

Holy shit, Ego was one of the coolest guys on xbl. Hard to believe. RIP ego. We always had GGs.

Damn. RIP broseph.

What? Oh damn…RIP man.

Very sad. RIP.

Fuck you. If this is a joke or a prank, I will personally hunt you down and break your legs.

It can`t be true.

Ego, you were one of the coolest players I ever played. I’m gonna miss you bro.

I was wondering why I hadn’t seen Ego in the last few months. RIP bro. You helped me when I was down on my luck, you didn’t know it at the time, but your constant queries of where is blitzfu in the PSN thread really kept my spirits up during a difficult part of my life.

I only wish I could return the favor.

Somebody please say this is a joke.

This is for you Ego…

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/1583/sstq.png

Sumo Splash Trap!!!

Raise a lighter for MisterEgoTrip (one of the best Honda players ever, and he would sometimes alternate between Dhalsim and Ryu). Peace to you bro.

That’s so sad. RIP brother. How did he pass if you don’t mind me asking.

R.I.P. to you brother. I promise to play my next match as Honda in rememberance of you. My condolences to the people that loved you. He lived and left a sf2 player. Thats more than enough to have my respect.

Wow, I’m shocked. It’s always heartbreaking when someone passes away prematurely and much more so when it’s someone you’ve known. Back when I played HDR, MisterEgoTrip would always invite me to game rooms. Even on one completely random day in 2011 when I suddenly decided to play HDR on the 360, he shot over an invite the instant I went to the online section. MisterEgoTrip was similarly accommodating with a lot of players and became a linchpin of online HDR.

I remember when MisterEgoTrip first started playing on PSN and how he eventually developed into a great online Honda player on both PSN and XBL. Of course, that didn’t happen overnight. As with all strong players, MisterEgoTrip constantly played HDR against the best to learn SF2’s flow. I was sure that he could perform well at an offline tournament but perhaps there were other factors involved that prevented him from attending.

That said, MisterEgoTrip wasn’t just a great HDR player. In stark contrast to his handle and his mean Honda, MisterEgoTrip was also a gentleman. He’s one of the few folks who always kept a positive attitude regardless of whether he was winning or losing. He particularly enjoyed bonding with people who shared his HDR interest by befriending decent players, creating chat rooms on PSN, forming the No Honor Crew, and chatting on XBL. Not once did I ever detect a hint of annoyance from his voice. I’m sure even at the end, he kept an optimistic outlook on life.

Looking to the future, I understand the need for privacy but if someone can provide further details regarding the nature of MisterEgoTrip’s situation, then please let me know. If a disease was involved, I’ll be happy to donate the winnings from my next tournament to an organization fighting that disease.

RIP MisterEgoTrip. I had a blast playing the great game of Street Fighter II with you and hope you’re enjoying eternal sunshine wherever you are.

I only barely remember the name but, condolences certainly.

RIP. Always classy when I played him.

A sad and heartfelt farewell to the man most of us knew as MisterEgoTrip. An outstanding human being, a challenging competitor, a beacon of goodwill, and an ardent pillar of the tight knit gaming community we share online.

This truely is some really horrible news. I remember the first psn tourney, it was a team tourney at that and me and ego were in the finals killing each other. Rip my good friend you will be missed and remembered not only as one of the best but also as a true gentleman.

Got ya covered, Mars. :wink:

Your the man Fudd, Thanks buddy. For Ego, Godbless you buddy.

Uhh, i really was hoping this was a joke thread…Man im still all sad about this, i didn’t know him personally but he was a regular that i played often. I remember when we were trying to see who can get the most rage quits in a room, i think that was like a 5 hour session…Amazing honda player…Man this really sucks & quite shocking, im guessing he was around the age mid 20s to mid 30s…So young, my prayers for his family, RIP bro.

I heard about this not to long ago. I can’t believe it either. I had some of the raunchiest conversations with EgoTrip while we played till like 3 in the morning, and that happened quite a few times. I wish I could’ve played him once more before something this unexpected happened…

EgoTrip, I know I always gave you crap for being a Honda, but at the end of the day bro, you truly were one of us. Thank you so much for the many games we had, and the laughs we had. The No Honor Crew is a shameless bunch, but for the first time in NHC history, we finally have something to honor, and that’s you boss man.

I could have sworn it was just 2 or 3 weeks ago that I signed into xbl after being gone for over 3 months that I saw egotrip online. I joined the party and tried to say hi but there was static on the mic. Had I known that was going to be the last time I could have talk to him I would have tried to reconnect. I’ve been thinking about this incident for the past few days and it’s been tripping me out. It made me want to reach out to old friends I haven’t talk to for a while, just because you never known when someones time is up. Shit is deep.

Its horrible to lose anyone in our community, but if you head over to youtube and check out some of his matches it’ll tear your heart out to think such a great talent is gone. :frowning:

[media=youtube]dbwT1hmXbO8[/media]

I heard about this via party chat, from PhoenicianMinds and RenoMD. I knew MisterEgoTrip on Xbox live and he’s still on my friends list. We talked for many hours in my party, and it was obvious that he was one of the most charismatic, funny and cool guys I’ve ever come across, in addition to being a top Honda player. I still cannot believe this is true. The world has lost an amazing person. He will be greatly missed, and never forgotten. :frowning: