Dual Modding my Mad Catz Xbox 360 SE with a Cthulhu Switchless, Imp and DPDT switch

Anything will work. Maximum voltage on the D+/D- lines is about 3-4 volts, so you’d be hard pressed to find a DPDT that wouldn’t work.

so what is the solution for the ps3 home button to act as the 360 guide button?

You all are too good to me. :lovin:

I just bought an SE stick last night and was wishing I could dual-mod it with the MC Cthulu I have. Within five minutes of searching Tech Talk I discovered that not only is the SE PCB common ground, but that you’ve shown the quickest, easiest way, complete with pictures, to get dual-pcb functionality.

Long live tech talk :rock:

map xbox guide or ps3 home button to a new button (or back button xbox 360)

The solution is to just make the existing Home or Guide button also function as the Home or Guide button for the other console. There’s no benefit to installing a new button when you have a button that is logical to use already.

Hey,

I’ve just acquired a PS3 Cthulhu PCB that I want to dual mod with a Mad Catz 360 wired PCB.

My question is this - the Cthulhu board already has a USB jack mounted to it. Using a DPTD switch, I understand how to wire this up using the USB cable running from the 360 PCB. But how do I do this if I want to use a cable running from the USB jack on the Cthulhu?

I’m guessing that because the jack is soldered to the board it will cause signal problems, unlike the 360 USB cable which can be cleanly separated from the Mad Catz PCB.

Would it be “better” to simply remove the Cthulhu USB jack and use the USB cable from the 360 PCB instead?

Thanks for any help.

Ok, I’m going to list the entire process to get this dual mod done with an se stick using a dpdt switch and the cthulhu board and I want you guys to tell me if this is all correct.

I’m going to wire the buttons and the joystick to the terminal switch, then run 2 wires out of each output on the terminal switch. One set of wires go to the madcatz 360 pcb, and the other set to the cthulhu board. From each pcb, run a usb cable. Cut the cable and there will be 4 wires in each. Power, ground, D+ and D-. I will cut the USB cable that should go to the consoles and attach the power line and the ground line from the pcbs to it. The D+ and D- lines will go to the DPDT switch. The DPDT switch will output one D+ and D- to go to the usb cable that goes into the consoles. The switch will allow me to choose whether I use the 360 or the ps3. Is that all correct???

Also, is this wiring ok? http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062640

bump. I want to do this mod today and I just want to make sure that this is correct…

30 gauge will work, bomberman it in his dual mod. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=184787

Yes, that is some good wire. My damn local Radio Shack rarely stocks it, which is why I started buying it in bulk online.

BTW there’s no need to cut a USB cable for the Cthulhu. You’ll need the SE’s USB cable, but otherwise you just run 30 AWG wires from the Cthulhu to the DPDT switch.

Unfortunately, that link I posted from radioshack is not actual wire. It’s wrapping for the wire. Apparently I have to wrap it myself. I am having a really hard time finding pre-wrapped wires in the stores. Must I get this online? If so, I won’t be able to do this mod today.

that is hookup wire, which is what you’re looking for. click on the link that says find it near you, and put in your zip. then you can go take a look at it.

Why cant you just plug a USB type B cable into the USB jack and then cut the cable, and use those wires on the DPDT switch?

amazing work your are very good on electronic, this is too hard for a newbie like me lol

Thanks to you and A.C. for this diagram. I have a question. If I follow this, I don’t need to connect the VCC and ground between board 1 and 2 right (like you did in the first post)? Because the power will come from the split USB cable power… is that it?

thanks