Dragon Ball FighterZ: Legendary Saiyans Edition

I know but why does it have to come out on whiff?
Also…i keep hearing vanish is + on block, wtf. I understand it costs meter but still.

For the same reason the other normals come out on whiff?

Do reflects all share the same frame data and properties just with differet animations?

This is Alioune’s team and the setups he discovered are used here as well.

this game is

fun

Bleh. I give up. I’m swapping out SSJ Goku for Black. I can’t justify keeping non-emo Goku around anymore.
This stupid shit happens every time I pick up a new game. The characters I dislike the most design-wise tend to be the ones with the toolsets I enjoy the most. <.<

I need a third character as well. A.Gohan is the most likely candidate, but I actually need to concentrate when using him at the moment. Same problem with Ginyu. Trunks is also worth considering, but I don’t like his overall combo game. I like Krillin a lot as a character too, but I hate his assist. Gaah, decisions.
Meh, maybe I should just be that guy who picks A16 to be an asshole.

If you also need a 3rd character, why not just make Black your 3rd?

I’ve considered it, but aside from the fact that I don’t want to use double Gokus, I want an assist that can give Frieza meterless conversions from 22S, as that gives him a really fast cross-up option in the corner. Goku / Black assist is excellent for most of Friezas conversions (sets up death saucer combos which is a huge deal damage wise, gives good extensions after 236S in general), but it’s not very good for 22S-conversions specifically.

My theory team is actually frieza, goku black and krillin.

My whole idea is for frieza to get the first solid hit of the match with black assist and then tag krillin in to continue the combo to the corner for rock shenanigans. Also friezas assist work well with krillin for both corner pressure and his full screen zoning. This way you get friezas space control and then put him in anchor position for strong comeback potential.

Also think rock assist might be useful for frieza

If you run this team @Naeras , we should share tech lol

What, is A16 a character for jerks? What tech or tactics does he have for him to gain that reputation?

The moment they find unescapable Last Resort setups I main him for sure.

A16 is god-tier vs people who mash buttons. Hence why he has a reputation of being a character for jerks. His armored stuff catch people when they do stupid telegraphed shit. So the lower bracket of players hate playing vs him.

There isnt any unescapable last resort setup at the moment but you have some “panic inducing” easy setup like M grab into last resort with a vegeta assist locking down (dude can still calmly jump up when vegeta assist is over, but panic mode will get people killed.).

Is there a way to change the in-game button font from playstation buttons to LMHS?

Their startup is always at frame 0 and due to how the game is built I assume their duration is the same too.

There is actually a setup he gets off a command grab + a vanish that gives him an untechable knockdown. After that he can do IAD crossup and either do j.M for an overhead or 2M for a low. It is unreactable, although I think it can be blown up by 2H.

Points taken. In my eyes it’s basically the Captain Corridor of the game, it’s upper hit box is actually a lot smaller than it seems but still reaches normal jump height. It’s basically the fastest AOE assist in the game and there isn’t many assists you could consider AOE (Vegeta Blue would probably be another one). I think my opinions are in respect to Beerus in that having an assist that can keep away and can’t be jumped over like a Kamehameha is a super beneficial neutral tool, it even allows any character enough space to get a single charge of meter. It being a long distance tool means you can use things like Vanish, call Trunks and set up shop without allowing them into normal jump space, where as a Kamehameha only controls the ground and leaves more openings to punish. But at the end of the day anyone is vulnerable to Vanish, so even though it’s a huge hit box you still have to watch your back just like anyone else.

He also has some really nasty mixups once he gets going. If he gets to 5H-range you have to respect him, but giving him respect can get you dunked and killed too because of his forward-moving command grabs. He’s also one of the few characters that seems to have a legit vortex.
As you said, he blows up mashy players, but I honestly think he seems very strong at the higher levels as well. Very solid character.

If I find any way to use rock assist to extend pressure, it’ll probably be my team, though I think the order would be Krillin/Frieza/Black in this case. I like Krillin quite a lot, but I’d still have him on point since I actually think Black’s assist is more valuable to Frieza than Golden + lv 3 Sparking, while Black is a very competent solo character.
Speaking of which, how does Krillin assist really work? Is it random whether he gets a rock or a bean, or can you control that?

Yeah 16 is solid for sure. Sonic fox without doing much fancy stuff got some vortex setups. As for online, my 16/Cell/Vegeta Team took me without much fuss into supreme Kai in 105 games. (had a a big ass lossstreak when i tried to play while being sick). But in the long run, 16 has some glaring weakness in neutral that may or may not be taken care of with assists. Basically after blocking H, 3/4 of his option get punished hard with deflect.

As for Krilin, i think it’s a set number like every 3rd or 4th rock is a senzu bean.

Think of it as each button being assigned to 1 character. Krillin will always throw a rock unless there is blue health to be healed. When krillin is on point, L will throw a senzu bean to assist 1, M will throw to assist 2 and H will throw it to himself.

For his assist, if the point character has any blue health he will toss out a senzu bean.

Has a total of 3 senzu beans

It might take some time to update. At the end of Day 1 I was yellow, when I logged in the next evening I was orange and the day after that I was purple.

I myself think Krillin works best on point. He’s good at building meter and does solid damage. Rock set ups plus assist coverage can be really solid as well. I usually throw rock then call Trunks assist to obscure my mix up a bit. He can defend himself pretty well with solar flare. Dude can also have full screen hit confirms into both supers.

His assist is something I will admit that I haven’t fully utilized yet. In theory I assume it works quite well for corner pressure.