Dr. Strange Q&A Thread

If you need a quick answer regarding ANYTHING about the Doctor, post in this thread. Us Strange mains will do our best to give you the answer that you want. :smiley:

What position would you place him at? In my current team of (in order of position) Taskie/Sentinel/Strange, strange is the anchor. Is it worth keeping him there, or moving him to 2nd or even point?

I favor him in second now, but Iā€™m not too afraid of playing him on anchor. On point if Iā€™m running a strictly lame/anti-lame team like Strange/Doom/Strider. Most of the guys here in this forum swear by Strange in second with either Ammy/Vergil/Doom/Hawkeye anchor.

xx/sent/strange is ok if you arent planning to play him in anchor. hsf dhc bible is a ā€œsafeā€ way to get strange in.

you want to start hsf then immediately dhc so opponent gas to block bible before hsf gets to them. pretty sure you get a free sonic boom to chip them too. sonic boom = dpM

Iā€™m sure I saw it somewhere, but canā€™t quite find it at the moment.

Whatā€™s the current optimal option for doing combos after side, down, and up TACs?

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s some form of IP into teleport L converted into FoF loop. Can Strange even combo off of up and side TACā€™s?

I actually have a question, what do Strange say when he blow XF? i know itā€™s something epic but canā€™t understand oO

ā€œUnlimited Astral (something)ā€?

Is strange really that bad at anchor. Most people are saying to put him second. However I want to pair him with Thor and Hulk. Should I move Hulk to anchor? and have

Thor (spark)/Strange (Bolts)/Hulk (anti air)

Iā€™d take Strange on anchor over Hulk anyday.

Strange isnā€™t terrible on anchor, he just isnā€™t that good.

Thor and Hulk are poor anchors. You can manage pretty well with strange if need be.

If I wanted to run a Thor/Strange team, who would be a good anchor.

Can you guys give me like 5 options. I prefer to lean towards the Marvel side, but im open to both sides.

1. Amaterasu
  2. Vergil
  3. Dr. Doom
  4. Dormammu
  5. Sentinel

Honorable mentions go to Hawkeye, Akuma/Haggar, Dante.

maziodyne, are those anchors in the order of superiority?

Akuma, Dog, Dante, Strider, Vergil stand out in my mind.

Haggar, Deadpool(unblockables F yeah), Wesker(Sorry)(More unblockables), and my personally flawed choice of Doom anchor.

Strange would be hard pressed to convert off Vajra but I would use it more for Thor and cross ups with Steve. Everyone else has a decent amount of compatibility.

Mr. D,

I decided to pick up the Doom anchor, because I like his Hidden missles for OTG with Thor.

What do you mean by flawed choice?

I play Doom anchor with missiles as well. Doom with XF on anchor is one of the best comeback kings. That being said, if you assess Doom in terms of what makes a good anchor, he doesnā€™t do things that other characters can do better. He struggles getting in without assists or momentum. He can lame pretty well but if youā€™re playing a semi decent zoner itā€™s probably GG. Deadpool for example dumps on Doom because of his teleports and gun coverage. He has no way to apply horizontal pressure while moving on the ground or in the air making it really difficult to pin down someone like Morrigan who trololols across the screen. Fingers donā€™t do crap for damage let alone chip at further than three characters spaces away. Sphere flame is only good as an anti-air but then you just lost meter. Yeah, people are gonna eat foodives. But that honestly shouldnā€™t work unless itā€™s the ambiguous cross up with S footdive.

His corner game is great as long as you are dash canceling EVERYTHING to bypass AG. His everything else on anchor is meh. Like I said, he can do the job, hence why Iā€™m running him on anchor (besides the fact I play Dorm/Strange), but I have every intention of changing and am currently seeking a new anchor. Not being able to get in with anchor Doom is seriously more frustrating than having someone happy birthday you.

I suppose the argument can be made that missiles are such a good assist that having Doom reinforcing two ā€œgoodā€ characters (B Tier to S tier) is worth having him on anchor. I donā€™t completely disagree, itā€™s just Iā€™ve played Doom since Vanilla, and Iā€™m seeing more and more shortcomings. This is all IMO by the way. I donā€™t know a damn thing about this game.

How would it work if Strange got moved to anchor instead of Doom?

so like Thor/Doom/Strange

Why on earth would you rob Strange of Doomā€™s missiles?

A Strange anchor can answer that better than myself. There seem to be quite a few so Iā€™m guessing they make it work. I imagine Bolts/H. Missiles makes Thor really mean.

I never said Strange canā€™t have missiles. I just said Doom struggles as
an anchor,and I want to find a better character flying solo in the anchor spot.

Mostly. Ammy is the best anchor on a Strange team for Cold Star + her THC, with Vergil second for being the best user of XF3 in the game period and Rapid Slash also being great for combos and lockdown.