Dr. Doom Faq/guide...the Absolute Source Ov Doom!

Wow good job on the hard work.:clap:

so can anybody give me a few good decent combos that would do a decent amount of damage using DOOM/IM and DOOM/CABLEā€¦

Good shit Deth-Scyanyde.Itā€™s about time Iā€™ve seen some more shit on the DR.

Depends on the assist type. You can run the basic combo game with Doom/Cable w pro assist as the same with IM.

call assist if first c.lk hits. c.lkx2 (assist hits) c.lkx2, c.fp, /, magic series, sj.FPxxAPA

Now if you want to get fancy look at the combo section and use combos from there.

Post more when I get home.

what if u got them as AAA assist?

DOOM/CABLE

As I know ov the only options you can do off ov Cable AAA are the same as you would off ov c.LKx2 (basic ones being sj.LK, sj.LP, sj.RK, ad/f, APA or magic series, sj.FP xx APA.). If youā€™re in flight when Cable finishes in the air you can attempt the above (which requires GDLK timing).

DOOM/IM

Off ov IM AAA you can try to be a little creative, and by this I mean think what Magneto or Storm would do hereā€¦and OTG c.LK, s.LK/c.FP into OPTIONS is only the tip ov the icebergā€¦

thanx for the tips!!

Just to add up on those two above assistsā€¦if done in the corner you are ABLE to go into the corner infinite or throw reset optionsā€¦

I just got my DC back so expect some updates to the guide soonā€¦

cool!! but what happened to u r DC?

Heh, I got it back a short while agoā€¦I had loaned it to Nelson till recently.

so u got any new combos?

working on a vid as we speakā€¦like I said though I do have a wife and work to attend to lolā€¦

Had never seen that assist kill in the vid before, Iā€™d only seen the one Nun did at Evo2k2ā€¦ At least I think it was Nun, one of the Japanese guys for sure.

Since Iā€™m pretty sure none of you have seen the Evo2k2 DVD Iā€™ll explain- Launch with c.FP, sj Jab, air dash down and juggle with Jab before they land, YOU land, and then repeat. After one of two of those you need to super jump u/f instead of neutral. KillaKellyā€™s version actually looks a bit easier to learn, which is surprising because that dude has crazy combos.

Good thread.

edit: anyone with thoughts on Doom/AAA vs Sent/Commando? I lose to Sent/Commando for free with all of my teams because I call my assists too much and get them killed, but in general I donā€™t know what to do when I canā€™t control the air because I have to worry about catching random Captain Corridors to the genitals.

hmmā€¦ironically enough dooms AAA is one of the best to counter call commando with, you might wanna try a different team order and stuff commando with the rocks for an easy fix.

Dont feel bad though, its easy to lose to sent/commando for free with a variety of setups and teams. It just a hard combo to outplay, although the ability to stuff commando on the ground/beat or match sent in the air helps alot.

I know this sounds crazy, but if you are in the air with sent and commando is temp nixed or dead, dooms nj.jab and sj.jab have mad priority.

Doom beastsā€“

Give me the scariest rushdown bologna youā€™ve got with cr.RH immediate SJCancel tri-jumps. I need ifcyipeslike infinite block stun manipulation.

TS:
Here are several assist kill options I use in matchā€¦well, when I can get them offā€¦since Doomā€™s Snapback has short range you canā€™t really combo into it after 2 hits besides trijump/crouching LKx2:

Setups:
#1: SNAP!, c.LK, c.FPā€¦
#2: SNAP!, c.LK, s.LK (Nazi Kick launcher)ā€¦

Now for the actual infinitesā€¦obviously done in the cornerā€¦most ov themā€¦and if you want to show offā€¦mix and match as you please:
#1: Repeated df.RK Nazi Kicks (KillaKelly)
#2: launch, /, sj.LP, ad/down, ad.LP, /, repeat XX till assist diesā€¦
#3: launch, /, sj.LK, ad/down, ad.LKx2, /, repeatā€¦ (I use this one) <if they get too low add another sj.LK when you sj. upwardsā€¦

Thereā€™s a few where you can use s.FP and db.RK sjcā€™s into air dash options but I havenā€™t fully utilized them yet and am still figuring out who it works on since those are character specific (Commando anyone!?)ā€¦

AND another thingā€¦SNAP into Electric Cage super on the assist sets them up for an assist kill 100% ov the time since the super sends them upwards after the 14th hit (oooh, I can come with so much shit for this super itā€™s not even funny, itā€™s soo good for a ground super!!)ā€¦

Listen to Risuno about the Sent/Cap matchup he knows what heā€™s talking aboutā€¦Doom AAA stuffs CapComā€™s shit FREE!! Also, if they keep spamming Commando and Sent just keeps stomping you outā€¦USE THE ELECTRIC CAGE, I cannot stress that enoughā€¦ppl overlook this super. Just when Sent thinks heā€™s far away from Doom and Cap is near, the Cage is so big that itā€™ll catch both ov them in the process (add in Hail for more comedy!)ā€¦surprisingly this also works against MSP when Magnus spams the hell out ov Psyblade!!

AND the jabs are youā€™re best friend against a Sent with no AAAā€¦period!! Hell, in ANY matchup I just do what Yipes does with Magnus: wavedash standing jab all dayā€¦and if they even think ov reacting either db.RK sweep for unblock setups or s.FP to get them away from you and retain a keepaway positionā€¦

ecā€™gief:
You want infinite blockstunā€¦youā€™ll get it:

-Off ov db.RK sjc:
If they attempt to jump ad/f or ad/uf and LP.
If they stay crouching trijump LKx2 into whatever options.
If they dash back YOU DASH BACK AND BUTTER BEAM THEIR ASS!!

Yeah, dash back butter beam is something that ppl donā€™t expect these daysā€¦and if they wavedash towards you cancel into APAā€¦that simpleā€¦

Other moves that give a decent amount ov blockstun:
-s/c.LP: Use them like you would Magnetoā€¦hell, if itā€™s meaty enough RK throw their asses!!
-s.FP: Especially if you mastered the sjc out ov this, go into dash back butter beam or Electric Cage DHC for massive chip if the situation calls for itā€¦
-Plasma Beam + horizontal assist: I use Typhoon or Drones here as they work best. Plasma Beam leaves them in quite a bit ov pushback blockstun actually and while they remain in blockstun by i.e. drones you can rush in and jab them for more BStunā€¦but beware AAA assists as they can get them out ov that situation if they just so happen to get out ov BStunā€¦

Iā€™ll put more as I figure them out since Iā€™m usually in training mode in my spare timeā€¦

A couple ov random stuff I feel like putting upā€¦since I still left Illan hanginā€™ a short while agoā€¦if anyone knows how to record vids from a TV to laptop comp. (cables needed, etc.) please PM me with instructions cause I just donā€™t want to record random combos off my built-in webcam (it doesnā€™t look all that great after careful consideration)ā€¦dunno, I jest donā€™t want to bother Magnetro with this subjectā€¦xD

-On Storm (or any light-falling characters) in the corner:
trijump LKx2, c.LKx2, s.FP, Electric Cage (yes, it combos on Da Bitchā€¦and does moderate damage to boot)ā€¦this is character specific like I said thoughā€¦

-Corner Reset (works on ANYBODYā€¦with varied timing):
anything into c.FP, /, sj.LP, ad/back + butter beam (if an AAA assist is called before you launch them the butter gun will connect and combo, setting off a pseudo FS effect and possibly setting them up for unblock or crossup) the butter gun is actually not meant to combo, but as a scare tactic to MAKE them block (cause if they try to hit you most likely theyā€™ll get hitā€¦if they crouch, OVERHEAD!!). Done on Sent this is actually free and Sent canā€™t really do much to you besides call AAA (and if you predict that, dash back Electric Cage stuffs that shit clean!!)

But yeah, mess with s.FP sjcā€™s and see what you can getā€¦

Other moves that can be sjcā€™d:
-c.LK: Showed Sanford this one day and he flipped out lol, not much you can do out ov it though besides ad/f LK xx APAā€¦
-s/c.LP: same as aboveā€¦
-s.RK: you can cancel off the first or second hitā€¦Iā€™ll record my findings combo-wise soonā€¦

Iā€™m posting too much ov my knowledge hereā€¦though itā€™s mosdef not all ov my knowledge lolā€¦Iā€™ll stop hereā€¦

And yes, I know I should update my guide with this stuffā€¦Iā€™ll do it as I continue to update it at home in a separate fileā€¦The actual guide should be updated by the end ov this weekā€¦if my wife doesnā€™t get to me firstā€¦>>ā€¦

good shit! thanks for the help, with some help this will DEF help me w/ sent.

i agree!! it wasnt necessarily wat i wanted but hey its something newā€¦aside from the assist kill i already knew about that one. and i do it killakellyā€™s way. im gonna try that shit on mag and storm!! haha :lol:

I hear you. I guess Iā€™ll have to learn to actually play Storm, since I sheā€™s on my main Doom team, to the extent that I have a main team anymore. Somehow I always lose to Sent/Commando with Storm/Doom/AAA though. Calling assists too much, Iā€™m sure. And I just have a little less confidence in Storm as a starter, even if sheā€™s better.

That much I know, but the problem is 90% of the time I fight Sent he has Commando behind him, so doing anything in the air means your risking getting hit with a random Captain Corridor. And staying on the ground to avoid that means getting stomped onā€¦ Thanks for the advice though.

Thanks for the heads up on the fireball super, Iā€™ll have to mess around with that.

About videos, the short version is that you need something called a capture card which lets you record stuff onto your PC, and then you need a video editing progam that lets you splice it all together. I figure a good capture card may come with some basic video editing software, but I donā€™t have one, so I wouldnā€™t know. Iā€™m sure you can ask around in the tech forums.

Speaking of videos-

djb13ā€™s Tricks of the Trade featuring Dr.Doom-

Mike Zā€™s Team Z video: Doom-

Aslo Iā€™ll upload a few things sometime next week, since I feel the need to contribute something hereā€¦I have a more ghetto method of video capture that seems to work OK.

ā€¦this may sound old but, give me time, Iā€™m going thru moving procedures at home so the projects will have to get delayed a bit moreā€¦ughā€¦real life can be so tedious at timesā€¦

-TS-
Yeah, I know about the capture cardā€¦I was talking to sabin about that a while ago and he also mentioned the S-Video cable that pugs from the laptop to the television to be able to capture shitā€¦so at least now I donā€™t have to go out and buy a DV Camcorder right away (still need one to record marvel matches as well as my personal life stuff)ā€¦

Iā€™ll actually grab those links and put them on the guide as a reference point since those are the MAIN Doom vids out there at this present timeā€¦though Vidness has a few vids with a couple ov Doom bits in eachā€¦I forgot which ones they are exactly (Iā€™ll have to go into my video archive to find out yet againā€¦).

Right now Iā€™m messing around with Doom/Psylockeā€¦trying to figure out what options Doom has off ov that assistā€¦and so far only a couple ov weird combos:

trijump LKx2, c.LKx2, c.FP + call Psylocke, /, sj.LP + Psyblade hits, ad/df Dive Kick, c.FPā€¦

for the Dive Kick itā€™s kinda random as to how itā€™ll hit themā€¦90% ov the time youā€™ll just get the Dive Kick and theyā€™ll get hit too far for the c.FP to connectā€¦since I only got it out once and c.FP OTGā€™d itā€™s still a weird concept (although the Dive Kick knockdown is rollableā€¦I can say that this is a highly possible way to follow up with the unblockable.).

trijump LKx2, c.LK, s.LK + call Psylocke, Psyblade connects, Nazi Kick/c.FP then whateverā€¦

ā€¦c.FP/Nazi Kick + Psy, /, Photon Shot xx APA (this can be normally done or as an OTGā€¦)

ā€¦c.FP/Nazi Kick + Psy, /, sj.LK, ad/down + LKx2, /, wavedash under c.FP crossup OTGā€¦

donā€™t mind me just a few random combos with Psybladeā€¦

Basically all I can say as far as solo Doom is mess around with the sjcā€™d normals and see what you getā€¦especially the sweep and standing fierce sjcā€™sā€¦