Doylestown PA - THIRD STRIKE PARTY @ Siren Records / Diaper Farm

Hey guys, it was something I was kicking around a bit but if we got enough people consistantly for Street Fighter 4 or whatever I was thinking of having Ranking Battles just for fun. Anyone think we should do this? Also, I don’t know how to run Ranbats so someone tell me or help me run them :rofl:. Lemme know what you guys think.

I’ve also been running gatherings in Doylestown for 3s and SF4 on Tuesdays, if anyone is interested in joining just send me a PM or posting here works too.

Are your SF4 TUesday gatherings different from Fight Night? is it a private thing or still at Cyborg 1? Either way Im down for the Tuesday SF4 situation. Just PM me the time and place and ill bring my Chun!

If I recall, Im fairly up against your Abel no? :stuck_out_tongue:

btw if I sound overly eager… i am. Its been 25 years since i played SF in any form of public setting, and the last tournament you held was my first foray back into the scene. Im getting VERY sick of playing online and dying to play real people of skill (none of my friends are interested simply because i have experience playing the game and own them too much). Plus it will be great times Im sure :slight_smile:

It’s a gathering at my place usually, there’s probably only going to be one more at my house cuz Fight Night is starting the week after…and YES your Chun is up on my Abel, it’s a ruff match yo :sad: .

BUT!.. olde Diaper Bomb LIVES for revenge! :devil: lol

I’ll PM you back on the time and place later this week or weekend.

Well since I suggested the Ranbat idea to you, you know I support it. :wgrin:
I think we should do something like:

1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 7 points
3rd place - 5 points

The winner of the Ranbat is the person who has accumulated the most points at the end of the season. (Winner should get Brian’s 360 and the Vendetta cabinet imo. :lovin:) There’ll be about 14-15 fight nights this summer so I think running ranbats regularly every 2 or 3 weeks would be cool. Whichever ppl want.

As for entry fees for the ranbats, I think it’d be nice if they were low or nonexistent because it fosters a friendly, casual atmosphere. We don’t need to bring too much hype or drama into Jame’s store. Just my 2 cents.

This sounds awesome. Ranbats sounds awesome. Can’t wait!

Wow DB this sounds very majestic wish the drive was a little shorter.

When your season is done we should do an online 5 vs 5 in 3s, HDR and SFIV Columbus Vs Doylestown.
Our best vs your best. We could web cam it up or something, an idea anyway.

So its every monday starting on the 25th? Sounds cool, I should be able to make a few. :wink:

Oh sweet, the Doctor is IN! :tup:

That’s cool that your coming to this Chaos. Hopefully I’ll be good enough to not get completely destroyed by your ken in SF4 :nono: . Bring One and other philly guyz too if you can!

Also I leave the Ranbat runnin to Pyro D, cuz I’m clueless with how to run it. But I’m looking forward to it! :encore: It’s probably gonna be free or a buck because this is on Monday after all and it’s more of a casual atmosphere.

ONE WEEK~

Hah, sorry Brian but if I run a ranbat the game WILL be 3s. : )

But, i’ll be happy to provide input any time u need for the sf4 ranbat. Just keep a tally of the scores on SRK. Also, the tourney format is up to you or perhaps popular opinion. Since it’s a casual atmosphere and u probably wanna get some play in, i’d suggest one of the following formats:

1. GVision style: single elimination, best of 3 all the way
  2. FFA style: double elimination, best of 3, grand finals: winner’s champ must win 1 set, loser’s champ must win 2 sets

Does the 55 let you off anywhere near Cyborg 1? :wonder:

Hey Chaos, 55 doesnt really take you to Cyborg One but if you ride it up to 76/676 and then get on 611 you can ride that all the way up to doylestown and plunks you not to far off from the store. Hope that helps!

Side note: Although they are more for fun than anything i was thinking of running the SF4 (and whatever else, 3S persmaps?) Ranbats every 2 weeks so the first one would start on the second Fight Night. JUNE 1ST. Last one will be AUGUST 24TH Entry fee will be a buck. Single Elimination. Top 3 get points. Starts at 7pm.

1st - 6 points
2nd - 3 points
3rd - 1 point

ONE MORE DAY~! Hope you all can make Fight Night #1 despite it being on a holiday. I’m gonna try to bring in [media=youtube]CwlhCL039bY"[/media] for everyone who comes and maybe even some rootbeer. Street Fighter style grillin and illin’. :smokin:

CONFIRMED. WE HAVE HOTDOGS AND OTHER FOOD!

Todays the day. First Fight Night! See you guys there!

So will there be any extra 360 sticks to use for SF4? I’ve been playing on PS3… :sad:

Hey Guys,

Was great meeting everyone last night! (This is Jason FYI… Chun Li)

Had a blast and it was awesome getting to play real competition in real life (not dealing with lame online stuff). Cyborg1 is an awesome shop and it was really great of James to host the fight night. I got to break in my Sakura a bit as Ive started messing with her some recently!

Thanks and cya all next week!!

Yooooooo.

Good first Fight Night everyone. I had a lot of fun! Them hot dogs is GOOD! :cool:

Was cool meeting everyone and hope you guys continue to come out. If we get enough peoples we’ll run a ranbat next week. Jason I had a lot of fun playin you in sf4, we’ll have to get in some more games next time. Your Chun is NICE. Jon Mox (bison) you’re a chill dude too. Hope you can make it again. Also Heart of Hatred I didn’t get the chance to play you unfortunately but I’ll have to if you stop by again. I had no clue you were stopping by. We need to run a set in sf4 and 3sssssssss. Thanks to everyone else too for stopping by and playing, you know who you are.

Rumor is that we’ll have a SUPER GUN in the house next week too?..

See you guys next week!

(special shoutout to Crazymasterhand for finally uploading Damage Control 2 vids.:lovin: )

I’m going to try and get out of work early tomorrow around 6 and head up from Flourtown. If not I’ll head up after 7.

Glad to hear you guys are still doing your thing :karate:

Woah you’re from flourtown? Did you go to Springfield?

JMS come play this street fighter game with us! :wonder:

Thanks again for everyone comin out again, special shout out to FLARE. I always have a good time playing you, thanks for makin the trip. WANNA PLAY SOME THIRDDDDDD STRIKE??? Also cool seeing you again Jon, you’re a real chill dude. Wes, Keith, and Sam I’ll have to get in some more games next time. Also where H1RO AND 1DER @?? :sad: j/k hope to see you guys again down the line.

I’ll be outta town this coming Monday cuz I’m taking a lil vacation to Florida but I hope all youse guys come out for Fight Night anyway. I need you guys to hold the fort while I’m away. See you next next week!