Dormammu's BAD Matchups let me know what u guys think - Fchamp

I think he’s wrong. But it’s pretty funny how everyone who plays FChamp has a higher opinion of the character than Champ himself. It’s like Chris G and Morrigan except reversed.

Cosmic, I’m starting to realize how much Jam Session helps Dorm against the top tier cast/bad matchups. Do you have detailed write up on how to use it with Dorm? I hate Dante with a passion but I like Dorm so much that I’m willing to use him if it makes Dorm viable against the top tiers.

I don’t remember ever writing one. I’ll type up a summary and send it to you.

Thanks!

[quote=“CosmicSpiral, post:59, topic:158903”]

Zero is not a terrible matchup unless you try to pretend you’re playing against someone else than Zero. The same goes for Nova. The Vergil matchup is up for debate; Padtrick actually thinks it’s 6-4 Dorm when both have the same access to meter, while I think it’s the opposite. You would be hard pressed to prove that Spencer and Wesker are not bad.
airombination with
ai
AIr Play + ADF is completelnt to Dorm.can He has so many ways to not care about Air Play. Dante’s teleport is unsafe unless covered by an assistdale hole…[/qu
Air play in mid range vs. dorm shuts him down. combined with dantes long range normals he has an advantage against dorm. dante can teleport in reaction to most of dorms long range attacks save for his forward h and dk hole and chaotic falme.

zero and buster allow him to control the flow of the match. zero starts losing if he dtays in the air too long but a good zero will just rtsd. dorm can win. byt the match is nit in his favor.

what does everyone think about the strange match? i think form has to rush down or he loses muserably

form equals dorm last sentence

Half-screen Air Play is laughable. Every medium and heavy attack nullifies it. You can catch him with Mass Change M during the startup or triangle jump backwards to avoid it altogether. It trades badly with Purification as well. Dante has one teleport angle and you can grab him out of the startup of j.H. All his normals are slower than Dorm’s.

Zero can’t RTSD. His forward dash is trash and every command dash is unsafe. Dorm is one of the few characters that can beat level 3 buster without using a special move or meter. Zero wins the matchup due to angles but it is not terrible for Dorm as long as you keep moving.

Dorm vs Strange is 5v5. You can’t win at mid-range though.

For the last time, Dorm vs Strange is not 5-5, Its like 7-3 Strange

Fishhook loses to Stranges AA’s.
Tridash L’s lose to st.h - mystic sword L

The only thing Dorm gets to do is SJ go into flight then try to alter his attack trajectory so Strange miscalculates an AA

What’s the best way to deal with Nova/Frank Nonsense? The problem I have is finding sage windows to gain charges, but I find it difficult when nova is calling assists, throwing javelins with a shield up, and then getting in with cr. B or a box jump C. Going to the air doesn’t really seem like a great option either, because all novap layers want to spam C and he has the most lenient windows to follow up after throws ANYWHERE.